• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield Appear in Spider-Man: No Way Home?

• Yes! Spider-verse is Happening!

Votes: 414 87.2%
  • No! Tell Me More Sweet Lies!

Votes: 51 10.7%
  • Another Challenger Approaches! Tom Hardy Will Appear!

Votes: 23 4.8%

• Total voters

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Moment of truth....
Spider-Man-3-No-Tobey-Maguire-Andrew-Garfield.jpg

Will these two previous Spider-Man actors appear in the next movie or is the rumours all a bust...

Let's debate this!

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't think it makes sense to bring back Foxx and Molina if you aren't also bringing back their Spideys.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like there's been a lot of smoke around Garfield, but much less when it comes to Maguire.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They better. The internet hyped me. There's no going back.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be the only thing I would find interesting about the latest Iron Man Jr. film.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
I'm gonna double down and say there will be references to every live action Spider-Man, including Japanese Spider-Man.

And the video game one as a bonus because why not

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After Wandavision I have no faith in the overhyped internet public to handle themselves if they pull a fakeout

and as such I am 120% in on the Tobey/Andrew train

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Garfield's stunt double was spotted on set.

Honestly though I don't think it's going to be a big scene. Something like Doctor Strange flipping between universes briefly to show Tom Holland's Peter something.

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017
Yes absolutely. The real question is which villains? Electro seems like a lock from reports. Tom Hardy Venom seems likely. Could we really be blessed with Dafoe as Goblin again?!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Maybe, probably, but I kind of don't want them to. At least in any meaningful capacity. Some weird cameo would be cool if we saw them in some kind of glimpse into the multiverse type thing where they're on screen for like <1 minute, but I don't want them to play some kind of major role in the story. Just give me Holland on the run from Kraven and trying to salvage his life after being exposed to the world.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Jamie Foxx already said he is not playing the same Electro.

While McGuire and Garfield have both rumored to be scene near set but no confirmation.

I say it's unlikely.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Voted yes because there's been a lot of tickling about of there being multiversal stuff, though we'll ultimately see.

People shit-talk Mandarin and Fietro but I absolutely loved those twists and wouldn't at all be upset if Tobey and Garfield ultimately amounted to cameos.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I think they'll show up, BUT I hope they're just post-credit cameos leading into spider-man 4. Kinda just want another Holland-only movie before we get nuts. I know that probably isn't gonna happen though lol

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't filming wrap up at the end of this month? If Toby was in we'd know by now
This bugs me too. It seems crazy to think they could hide him or Andrew, but then I remember... pretty much everything about this movie seems to be hidden and it's almost done? So it's not that crazy. We seemingly don't have an actor who fits the bill of main villain confirmed either? Unless it is just Doc Ock or Electro again which seems unlikely. My mind tells me they wouldn't just repeat those two and they're there to set up the larger threat of the S6, so if they're able to hide the other 4 members or the actor portraying Kraven this late into filming why couldn't they hide Tobey & Andrew too? That's my cope, anyway. Also how does Doctor Strange fit without some kind of magic or reality altering involved? Even if Tobey's not in it, they're still hiding a ton of characters or would have to come up with something crazy anyways to justify all the things that actually have been confirmed which all sounds insane put together.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
After Wandavision I couldn't give a fuck. I hope they don't actually cause they'll ruin it. Just have a movie focused solely on Tom Holland's Peter and not have it related to Iron Man.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see Tobey coming back, but didn't Andrew leave TASM on very bad terms? That's what I remember reading at least.