• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

No news if it's going to be Premier Access or not yet. Will update when we get more information.

Digital Spy:
The latest original movie from the animation giant (following last year's Onward and Soul) is set in a seaside town on the Italian Riviera and centres on one young boy's unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides.

Luca looks like every other boy and he shares these adventures with his newfound best friend Alberto, but the pair hold a secret that could threaten their fun: they are actually sea monsters from another world just below the water's surface.

Along with the first trailer, we got confirmation of the voice cast for Luca which includes Tremblay as Luca, Jack Dylan Grazer as Alberto, Maya Rudolph as Luca's mother Daniela and Jim Gaffigan as Luca's father Lorenzo.

Luca is directed by Enrico Casarosa, marking his feature-length debut after he created Pixar short La Luna. He's previously spoken about how the movie is a "deeply personal" one for him given it's set where he grew up and is "a celebration of friendship".

He added that Luca will pay homage to Federico Fellini and other classic Italian filmmakers, as well as animation legend Hayao Miyazaki.

The movie is currently set for release in cinemas on June 18 and while UK cinemas are set to be open by then, Luca's release is subject to change (like every other movie right now).

Youtube Embed:

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Strong Ghibli vibes. The concept is more appealing than their last several, that's for sure.

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New Poster.

luca-poster-1614249139.jpg

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Strong Ghibli vibes. The concept is more appealing than their last several, that's for sure.

Original thought when seeing the teaser image was "oh so they're doing Ponyo/Lu Over the Wall, eh?"

But hey, glad they changed the look of this to be a bit more distinct. I'm interested.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed on the character designs - some work, some don't. I appreciate them going outside the box a bit, though. Really like the dad at the end.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Looks good, certainly the warmest I've felt towards something Pixar in a while but...
I can't help but feel like Pixar stuff the last decade has felt indistinguishable from Disneys CG stuff.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This looks wonderful. I love the more cartoony character designs. It kind of even feels like they're animated on twos here and there, but it probably isn't.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
This looks wonderful.

To echo what others have said, I'm a big fan of the shift in character design with this one. I'm very bored of the standard "Pixar-style" proportions that they've had for some time now.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't expecting that, but as always, I'll watch.

When Coco's trailer was first released I wasn't too excited about it and it ended up being truly amazing.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing.

That closing scene with the glass of water was perfect.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The art is gorgeous for this one. I love the style, very refreshing from Pixar.

Also, this entire thing is so heavily gay coded it's ridiculous (but I am glad for it in a way)

Last edited:

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Looks great, and La Luna was pretty sweet too. Guess I'll be watching it in Italian.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of Cloudy with a chance of meatballs but I think it's just because of the guy at the end looking like the dad in it

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks absolutely incredible and then ... yet another transformation.

I mean, I'm here day one but man I'm so tired of this trope.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
The art style reminds me of something I would see out of European animation, which makes sense. Looks great.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
that's where I hope they are going with this. Even if they aren't, it's obvious the characters are super close so they are kinda skirting that line regardless.

I don't think they are actually gonna go there, can kinda tell they're matching up one of the characters with the girl in some of the clips, but... I think they also very much know what they're doing, y'know?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Aardman have anything to do with this? Getting allace and Grommit vibes with the design.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
This is somehow both the most (story vibes) and least (character designs, animation) Pixar project. Deffo interested