• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I adored this game back on the WiiU, but I never want to play it again. Glad for those who never got a chance to play it though. It's real fun.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Pre-order link($60):
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pikmin-3-deluxe-switch/
EeqYqTNU0AEV7Mo
Co-OP in the story? I dont think that was there before.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
October? Yeah they've had some internal delays no doubt. I'll pick it up for sure.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
As a big fan of Pikmin 1 and 2, I'm excited to finally try this one out.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
sadfkahsdkfnsdjkflsdnfjdsf%^*&(^&^&*تلبزترنتاذغر
yess!

wiiuchart8gkp3oxky9.png

DISCLAIMER: this is just a list of the notable first-party wii u games, with the ones that are available on switch, or the ones that don't need be ported because a sequel makes them unlikely to come to switch (splatoon, smash, mario maker) crossed out. it doesn't mean splatoon 2 or smash ultimate are ports, and also doesn't mean everything has a chance of getting ported (nintendo land, kirby).

by your note couldn't you cross out Yoshi (crafted is basically woolly) and paper Mario?

i think that pretty much drains the well dry

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Fuck 59.99

Anyone still think Nintendo will give us 3 remastered Mario games for 59.99?

Oct 25, 2017
So probably nothing in September and October then. Pokemon DLC and probably Mario 3D World port for November. This was a real crappy year for Switch huh.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Visually looks absolutely awful. Was hoping they'd add in higher resolution textures. Oh well, it's still Pikmin so I'll be buying...

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
They shadow dropped Paper Mario which is 100% original and people are surprised that random WiiU 1st party game number whatever is as well ?

THAT is surprising.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Not excited for this because I already played it on Wii U.
And wtf at that trailer, it looks so poorly made.

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to hear!

Given your excitement, you're probably a good person to ask: is this good as my first Pikmin game? Are the first two required for, say, the story or anything?

Yup. This is the perfect starting point imo. The gameplay is much more refined than in the first two. You absolutely don't need to play the others. You'll see some recurring characters, but the story doesn't really matter at all. It's just window dressing for you to collect stuff.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Great game.
Wont buy it again, but for those who havnt.. enjoy it. I dont think a gamepad less version of this game is as good as the Wii U version though.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Didn't have a a Wii U and wanted to play this. Will definitely be picking this up.

$60 is a bit wild for a straight port but this is Nintendo.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not a good sign that after paper mario releasing in July that Nintendo doesn't have another release lined up until October 30th and the release is a port...?
That's about a 3 month drought...

I think COVID has really impacted them more than they are willing to admit.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Liked it a lot when I played it, not really itching to replay it. Glad it's coming over, but I thought the GamePad stuff was actually really well integrated in this case, will be weird without it.

Gonna be awkward if this holiday's line-up ends up being Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World though, even if that Mario Collection is thrown in there for good measure that's a weird look.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't look all that deluxe. $60 for this? lol no thanks.

Just give us fucking Pikmin 4.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuuuck yes! One of my favorite games. No idea how it will handle without the Wiimotes though. Never liked the touch screen or dual stick controls, and the joy cons just aren't the same. They're close...but not the same.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Would have liked to see improved visuals if it's a full price title, but ah well. Happy for pikmin fans.

This news kinda confirms to me we are not seeing a Nintendo direct any time soon though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the difficulty options might affect the time limits given that the website says "Play at your pace".

Maybe they did originally and I just don't remember that.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Piklopedia is back. Nice that they are adding a good bit to this. Tropical Freeze will remain the worst port by far.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, full RRP to get to see the blatantly originally planned olimar expansion that was no doubt scrapped because the Wii U was, well, the Wii U, and without the wiimote aiming on top (though I guess gyro can help somewhat) or the always there map on the gamepad.

Think I'm good this time tbh. Games great for everyone who didn't already play it though.