• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sooner everyone moves on from amazon the better off we'll all be. As for gaming only they've been a pretty bad choice for many years now, arguably since Tony left that department.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This stuff has been going on for nearly a year now. Can't a journalist do their job and find out what the deal is?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This stuff has been going on for nearly a year now. Can't a journalist do their job and find out what the deal is?

Would their job involve people breaking NDAs to report it? That's where the details are. We already pretty much know what's going on, due to Amazon's history, and details are in those.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Best Buy will get my patronage as usual since i still have GCU.

Even if i didnt id be worried ordering from amazon knowing how they treat games like shit, especially special editions. Or the package gets delayed too.

laughingmood

Apr 29, 2018
it's never been available to pre-order on Amazon US

Amazon is fighting with Sony right now

I wonder if this is the reason why I can preorder Divinity Original Sin 2 on Amazon for PS4 but no Prime pre order discount is applied. But if I add DQ11 to the cart, the pre order discount applies for that one.

ASarafanov

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Japan
LOL

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu already #1 Bestseller on Amazon.com

Dunno man, do we?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe Spiderman was secretly made by Nintendo?

Oh man. That's pretty hilarious.

It was a few months ago and mods closed that thread. That's why I'm asking why this thread is an exception.

Please read then post https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokémon-lets-go-pikachu-already-1-bestseller-on-amazon-com.45714/page-2#post-8518077

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I was lucky to get a pre-order in for God of War (4/20) the day before it released. The Amazon v Sony feud started sometime then. I've been trying to order Spider-Man ever since and its never gone back up.

If I can't take advantage of the Prime discount, then I don't think I'll be buying the game on release. Maybe I'll ask someone with GCU.

Oct 25, 2017
It was a few months ago and mods closed that thread. That's why I'm asking why this thread is an exception.

Please read then post https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokémon-lets-go-pikachu-already-1-bestseller-on-amazon-com.45714/page-2#post-8518077

Dunno, 2 months ago you seemed pretty gung-ho about Pokemon sales. Spiderman though? "Wow, another Amazon thread...."

I just find it funny.

And don't worry. Spidey isn't sold out on Amazon. There is a stock issue. So Pokemon still wins.

Oct 25, 2017
It is number #1 on the bestsellers list for Video Games on Amazon UK, but yeah I know that doesn't mean much, just thought I'd point it out.

Amazon and Sony need to figure out whatever the heck is going on between them.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, every time I've checked over the last couple of weeks/months it's not been in stock. I assumed Amazon just had a falling out with Sony, not that Amazon straight up sold out of the game.

Ended up just pre-booking it at GameStop.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Funny... I looked up another 1st party game, Detroit, and that's not in stock. Know what did show up on the search? God of War sold by Amazon. I guess they got a shipment in at some point?

Oct 25, 2017
Funny... I looked up another 1st party game, Detroit, and that's not in stock. Know what did show up on the search? God of War sold by Amazon. I guess they got a shipment in at some point?

I don't think GOW was there in the beginning though........not 100%. Actually, I'm 95% sure it wasn't there at release and pre-release.

Mind you, Amazon probably put it up eventually after the fact when they felt the damage to Sony was already done. Detroit might go back into stock soon, then Spiderman a few months later?

Thadeus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think GOW was there in the beginning though........not 100%. Actually, I'm 95% sure it wasn't there at release and pre-release.

Mind you, Amazon probably put it up eventually after the fact when they felt the damage to Sony was already done. Detroit might go back into stock soon, then Spiderman a few months later?

It's the same with other Sony 1P party games on Amazon US like TLoU Pt.2, Death Stranding and Days Gone which is likely due to the ongoing dispute. Was worst back in the pre GoW release period as seemed to be worldwide with all Amazon sites.

Amazon UK seems to be fine now as some members already mentioned.

LOL

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu already #1 Bestseller on Amazon.com

Dunno man, do we?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe Spiderman was secretly made by Nintendo?

I lol'd

fc3.jpg

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon.com: threat or menace?

They also don't have physical copies of Battlefield V for some reason. They are selling only digital codes.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Just go digital, guys. Seems weird talking about discs in this day and age.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

GoW was up for pre-order, then drama happen and it was gone. I was unaware they sold any recently.

I think they do this for Disney too. I have seen Marvel movies unavailable physical (digital-only), and sometimes a small batch would show up for sale AFTER it releases, and later on.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Same thing is happening with RDR2 and I'm not buying it elsewhere cause I don't pay full price day one. I'll just use my GameFly to play it when I get the chance and buy cheap down the road.

Oct 25, 2017
Just go digital, guys. Seems weird talking about discs in this day and age.
I bought destiny 2 for $60 bucks.

I then sold it for $50 1 week later when I was done with it.

I'd rather not be stuck with a crappy digital paperweight, thank you very much.

I am more inclined to try out new games when I know I am not investing 60 bucks into a game I honestly may not like.

If the game is good, I keep it. Like God of war.

If a game is shallow, I sell it. Like destiny 2.

I would have never bought destiny 2 at full price digitally. But to see if I like it or not and possibly get my money back if it sucks? Absolutely.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017

I am more inclined to try out new games when I know I am not investing 60 bucks into a game I honestly may not like.

I would have never bought destiny 2 at full price digitally. But to see if I like it or not and possibly get my money back if it sucks? Absolutely.
So what are your thoughts on Destiny 2?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Trust. You have the avatar already lol.