• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To everyone that is being asked to redeem a code, this is how to resolve:

- Using the Manage button, unenroll from the beta.
- Re-launch the Xbox Insider app and rejoin the beta.

It will take a minute, but once you are accepted you will be able to see it in the store and download.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Officially jealous as fuck due to EU blues. Hope the official, non region locked release follows soon

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
So I'm seeing 6 ship (server) options: Feoh, Ur, Thorn, Ansur, Laguz, & Kenaz.

Any particular one stand out as the ResetEra™ meet up server?

Thank you for the thread, Zeta!
Nice OT Zeta ;)
Really looking forward to the beta.
Thanks for the thread OP!

Thank you, honestly this was thrown together pretty quickly but im planning a lot more for the official release.

Actually on that same subject, I have to admit I am new to the game as well, so if there are any longtime players out there from the JP version (I see a few of you) who believe there is important information that should be included in the main OT that a new player might overlook, id appreciate the feedback. I'm already planning more in-depth information about classes (main & sub), races, mags and overall just a better description for what the game actually is, and hopefully the beta gives me enough of an impression to really get a feel for what the main OT should look like.

It will take a minute, but once you are accepted you will be able to see it in the store and download.

Thank you, I'm gonna add this to the OP.

Last edited:

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I'm just gonna pick ship 2 out of habit, but if you guys choose another ship I'll choose that one.

McDomination

Banned
Dec 6, 2017

Worked! Thanks!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
It still baffles me that this game is only on XBox. I really wish we had cross-support with PC at the start.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

Worked! Thanks!

aliencowz7

Apr 24, 2018
Gonna give this another shot this weekend and try to have a more open mind to see if that changes how I felt about the JP version. I went into it wanting a sequel to PSO1 and it is a very very different game and I ended up really let down.

Hopfully now knowing what to expect I will be able to just enjoy it for what it is rather then longing for what I wanted it to be.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
It's going to be so awful if not everyone that joined the public beta gets in. :/ I signed up hours after it was added to the Insider app.

Does it show up as 'Joined', or do you see any other language saying you are accepted?

I'll have to check when I get home from work, but it was a notification saying Welcome to the Beta or what have you. It was through the I side program on PC as I don't currently own an X1. Borrowing use of my brother's for the beta.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but... I'm jealous of Xbox One owners. I used to play the first one on Dreamcast and loved it.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
It is, honestly, a very different game beyond the most basic description of 'kill mobs, get loot'.

For example, the combat in PSO2 is fast-paced and more akin to something like DMC in many ways than PSO1, which was slow and very timing-based.

PSO2, for good or bad, also has a lot of the trappings of modern F2P games, such as a gacha (for cosmetics, largely), daily login rewards, and scheduled event quests via the Urgent Quest system.

It is also quite different from PSO1 story and tone-wise, and isn't actually a sequel in terms of story (it is set in its own continuity).

Give it a try, but just try not to base your expectations on PSO1 too much. I can see quite a few people bouncing off the game because of how different it is.
Thanks!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this! Played psu for like 8000+ hours and I never had a pc that worked propery to run this in english.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the cosmetic accessories from beta participation are account-wide unlocks or if they're locked to the first character you log in on, or how does that work? I need to know how much I need to stress over character creation for my first character. :P

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy everyone! I played the Japanese version on PC and think the game is tons of fun, even if it's a bit dated these days. Looking forward to the full English release, which will hoefully not to take too long to hit the PC.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
People on Reddit are very confident that the location switching will work.

I've switched to US (actually in UK), and registered fine for the beta. I've got the download link and it's starting to download.

I'm literally switching the Xbox back to UK now to see if the download will continue. People seem very sure that the game itself doesn't implement any server side region locking, and the Xbox system doesn't.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for this. I'm in UK so all it takes is to change region settings to USA and you are in.

Geez that 68.40gb download... >__>

lVhkKT6.jpg

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow, this worked for me. I signed up a month ago and didn't get the option to Install, until doing what you did.

Thanks!

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
so I did the whole sign up thing. I am not at home to check insider, do I get an email if I am accepted into the beta or do I have to check insider when I get home?

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
It still baffles me that this game is only on XBox. I really wish we had cross-support with PC at the start.
It will be cross-support when it launches. This beta is only open to Xbox because I imagine they would need to test the Xbox version servers and considering the PC version has technically been out for awhile now on the JP side I'd imagine it would be easier to run tests on that. Also from what I understand this will be coming to PS4 as well as Phil Spencer said already it's not exclusive to just Xbox and PC.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
also will there be a discord server for ERA PSO players or is there an existing one to join?

Era Ship, Discord, and Team (Guild) Information!
OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
What ship will the ERA guild be?

also will there be a discord server for ERA PSO players or is there an existing one to join?

The ERA Team will be located in Ship 02: Ur

Now if what I'm reading is correct, it is important that you pick the right ship as in the JP version your character is locked to the ship you make them on, with an
option to pay to transfer to a new ship. Assuming the option to create a team is available in the Beta and works like how it does in the JP version, once I hit level 10 I will create the ERA Team and then post a new threadmark so I can start collecting gamertags to add to the team! I am also planning on making a PSO2 ERA Discord server and will have it up shortly.

Update:

The
ERA PSO2 Discord Server is now available.

Last edited:

Masseyfects

Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know what the requisites are to get the three exclusive beta items? Are they quest-based, time-based? I'm concerned because I can really only play Friday night due to an obligation I have all-day Saturday.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Does anyone know what the requisites are to get the three exclusive beta items? Are they quest-based, time-based? I'm concerned because I can really only play Friday night due to an obligation I have all-day Saturday.

Immediate Rewards
Players will receive these rewards immediately after logging in during the Closed Beta Test.
  • First Login – Photon Halo B (Accessory) and Beauty Salon Free Pass (Consumable)
  • Daily Rewards – EXP Boost +50% (x3), Rare Drop Boost +50% (x3), Meseta Boost +50% (x3) (Consumables)
Special Rewards
Players will receive these rewards when the game officially launches (release date TBA).
  • Complete 1 Urgent QuestPhoton Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 2 Urgent QuestsPhoton Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 3 Urgent Quests Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 4 Urgent QuestsCoated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Will download overnight,thanks for the OT,answered a few questions I had...I know this will not be as good as Dreamcast PSO,nothing will ever be lol,but if its half as good,it will still be fun....***fingers crossed***

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
So ready, downloading now.

I watched a youtube tutorial on classes and what not.
I know names in the previous PSO played a role on what color thing (forgot what it was called) your character received which determined what drop/rares you received.
Is this one the same or is it just what class and gender and group you select now?

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So ready, downloading now.

I watched a youtube tutorial on classes and what not.
I know names in the previous PSO played a role on what color thing (forgot what it was called) your character received which determined what drop/rares you received.
Is this one the same or is it just what class and gender and group you select now?
Section ID's

Don't think it does play a part in PSO2. iirc and it's been like 10 years ago... the players drop is individual and dependant on your class.
EDIT
so what loot appears on my screen won't be the same for the other players
NEB1Cs6.jpg

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Xbox seems to be sending out messages now:

"The Phantasy Star Online 2 Xbox One Closed Beta begins Friday, February 7 at 5 PM PT (8 PM ET) and ends Sunday, February 9 at 12 AM (3 AM ET). Select [Launch app] below to pre-download the game so you're ready to play. Prepare to embark on an assortment of missions with fellow operatives and experience unparalleled action RPG combat, completely free to play. In addition, earn special in-game rewards for participating!"

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I might be interested in this. Is there any sort of campaign or it it just group up and level up?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be interested in this. Is there any sort of campaign or it it just group up and level up?
Theres a story mode if that's what you're asking, and iirc it's all very solo-able but the real meat of the game is the multiplayer content/raids/bosses and the rinse repeatedly battles for rare drops until your soul finally leaves your body due to some of the drop rates... like mon hun :D

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Theres a story mode if that's what you're asking, and iirc it's all very solo-able but the real meat of the game is the multiplayer content/raids/bosses and the rinse repeatedly battles for rare drops until your soul finally leaves your body due to some of the drop rates... like mon hun :D
Oof, I can't do the latter. Just can't invest time like that. The aesthetic is appealing to me tho. Might fuck around with the story.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading now, the fast paced combat sounds interesting to me if performance isn't terrible which is probably my biggest concern with a game like this during a closed beta especially. Looking forward to Friday night and checking this one out!

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Oof, I can't do the latter. Just can't invest time like that. The aesthetic is appealing to me tho. Might fuck around with the story.
I don't know how they handling it, but the first few chapter quests were scrubbed from the game and you can only watch cutscenes of Ep. 1-4. I never messed with story, so any additional information how this is handled would be appreciated

If Urgent Quests are the same as Emergency Quests (Japanese name), then at pre-set times during the day the Urgent Quests will become active, and you'll be given a certain amount of time to do as many as you can before the time runs out. Assuming there is no difficulty requirement, you could probably breeze through 4 UQs (oh god, UQ sounds so much worse than EQ) in like 25 minutes.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Downloading now, the fast paced combat sounds interesting to me if performance isn't terrible which is probably my biggest concern with a game like this during a closed beta especially. Looking forward to Friday night and checking this one out!

I mentioned this in the discord but I forgot to mention it here:

Judging by the games ship selection menu that you can access it seems to be running at 60fps on my original Xbox One, so there's at least that.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they don't make us wait too long for the full game after the beta... one day of play and then a long wait would be terrible...