Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
While I agree fully, I just want a new Budokai Tenkaichi game in general. I love Fighterz so much, but the Budokai Tenkaichi games scratch a completely different itch.

Sometimes you want to just play as Kid Gohan from the Frieza Arc. Sometimes you want to play as Goten. Sometimes you just want to run through the entire story as Accurately as possible. The Budokai Tenkaichi games were just giant toy boxes that let you just have fun. I miss those games. I put ungodly hours into Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Someone please promote the OP to master of ceremonies. This guy gets it.

Being able to play all of the Freeza variations is so awesome.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer a Budokai Tenkaichi 4 but yea I'd love a remake/remaster.
Looking at Spike's recent Bamco output, nah, I think I'm good.
Why would you want that when infinite world exists with a larger roster. Its basically budokai 3.5 but released on ps2 a while into the ps3s life cycle.

A. People want something on modern consoles
B. Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 aren't the same game (and BT3's roster eclipses Infinite World)
C. Infinite World isn't very well liked

Last edited:

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Spike's recent Bamco output, nah, I think I'm good.

A. People want something on modern consoles
B. Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 aren't the same game (and BT3's roster eclipses Infinite World)
C. Infinite World isn't very well liked
A)I meant remastering infinite world. Obviously not telling people to pick up a ps2 game instead of a remaster.
B) Infinite world isn't like tenkaichi, its like budokai. I wasn't comparing it to tenkaichi, but I just realised this is a tenkaichi thread, I commented at like 3am my bad.
C) I've never seen any hate on it tbh people don't even know it exists.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
A remaster wouldn't cut it. Game looks and plays too outdated for me. A remake or another sequel that refines the gameplay would be great though.

But to be honest a nextgen Xenoverse 3 that goes a bit more out there with the combat, complexity and style would scratch the same itch.

Last edited:

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
We need Budokai Tenkaichi 4 or a remake of BT3, absolutely. The best Dragon Ball game bar the story games from GBA.

Neutral_Jump

Mar 21, 2020
Saint Louis
I actually signed the petition and sent it to a few friends. Honestly everyone I know who has played this game holds it in such high regard - it's never not been the measuring stick for every dragonball game to come out since. I really can't believe they haven't re-released this game to death.

I own the Japanese version, which includes a soundtrack taken from the original TV series and movies. I hope that if this ever does get a rerelease, we have an option for the Japanese soundtrack. It really does add so much to the experience.