• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the first time I've seen something like this alluded to. What's wrong with the Nocturne remaster?
www.resetera.com

Apparently, SMT: Nocturne HD is a bit of a technical mess.

And that is on all systems, Switch, PS4 and PS4 Pro. Read Amazon Customer reviews (link), watch a youtube stream to see it like this one. Note that I don’t know this streamer but this was the first best thing I found in YT. Seems like the game stutters, has weird microstutters and the menus...

low quality music straight from the PS2 version and slow menus, no QOL upgrades. Like the only improvement you get over the original is widescreen higher resolution rendering. Might as well have shat it out as a PS2 Classic on PS4 but of course then they can't scam you out of $60 + DLC.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Apparently, SMT: Nocturne HD is a bit of a technical mess.

And that is on all systems, Switch, PS4 and PS4 Pro. Read Amazon Customer reviews (link), watch a youtube stream to see it like this one. Note that I don’t know this streamer but this was the first best thing I found in YT. Seems like the game stutters, has weird microstutters and the menus...

low quality music straight from the PS2 version and slow menus, no QOL upgrades. Like the only improvement you get over the original is widescreen higher resolution rendering. Might as well have shat it out as a PS2 Classic on PS4 but of course then they can't scam you out of $60 + DLC.
Ugh. I expected the music because that's more complicated than what it appears to be, but the technical issues are really disappointing.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Persona 6 or bust.

Although if they wanted to fully remake Persona 1 and/or 2 in the modern Persona style, that'd be pretty awesome too. And although I don't really think it needs a full-blown remake, Persona 3 is in dire need of a definitive version... so if they decided to get some extra mileage out of those P3 Dancing assets and go the remake route, I guess I'd be okay with that.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
oldlady.jpg

She returns.

Legendary stream. I ain't even mad.

Oct 25, 2017
25th anniversary concert lets go!

Anyone having expectations of any type of game is setting themselves up for disappointment.

If I were a betting man, its Persona 5 Royal Animation and we'll have an 8 hour nonsense live stream to announce it.

I bet it is indeed P5 Royal anime announcement. Just hopefully not another datsu nugu stream. I don't want to see (possibly drunk) voice actors sexually harassing Morgana this time.
qHkGEqQ.jpg[\IMG]

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I really hope its something cool, either remakes, a compilation, ports of 1/3 (to any modern system I don't even care) and not some dance game. Which I'm sure has its fans but... come on.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they will announce a Persona 6, but it sounds like they could potentially been milking Persona 5 further instead.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Persona 3 Remake with gameplay improvements, Tartarus design updates, while retaining the soundtrack and VAs pls.

And put the OSTs on Spotify.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
P-Sound Bomb 25th Anniversary Concert Series where they'll announce the new games. Deff P5:A and probably another P5 project of some sort. I expect a P6 teaser to say it's in development but no date. I think people forget the turn around from P3 to P4 was two years, including FES development. I can see P6 being sooner than later and not the 8 years turn around.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hopefully a game without all their bigotry, but that'll just be ignored by the wider public no matter how blatant it anyway right? *waves to persona 4 golden on steam*

Yep, the most visible issue with the games under Hashino's direction is seeming hatred for gay people, as he tends to depict homosexuality as a perverse fetish for sexual predators. He's also not immune to thoroughly dropping the ball with trans representation, from Persona 4's Naoto's "you made out with me good enough for me to be a girl" character arc to Lala Escargo's outdated depiction.

Persona 3 Remake with gameplay improvements, Tartarus design updates, while retaining the soundtrack and VAs pls.

And put the OSTs on Spotify.

The thing is, several of the English voice actors (specifically Vic Mignogna as Junpei and Karen Strassman as Aigis) will need to be replaced if Persona 3 Remake becomes a thing, but speaking as someone who enjoyed playing P3: Portable, having the Persona 4 combat mechanics in P3 was a blessing.

P-Sound Bomb 25th Anniversary Concert Series where they'll announce the new games. Deff P5:A and probably another P5 project of some sort. I expect a P6 teaser to say it's in development but no date. I think people forget the turn around from P3 to P4 was two years, including FES development. I can see P6 being sooner than later and not the 8 years turn around.

Yep, the development time for Persona 6 theoretically shouldn't be as long or tenuous, largely because:
  1. Atlus is no longer dealing with bankruptcy back in 2011, which was a constant issue when they were owned by Index Holdings.
  2. The 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, which caused whatever development they started with for P5 to be scraped.
  3. Persona 6 will run on the same engine as the one created for Catherine and the Persona rhythm games, or they'll make the switch to Unreal Engine 4/5.
  4. Atlus now has experience working with the PS4/PS5 and is now confident in high-definition asset creation.
  5. There's a dedicated Persona team who will focus exclusively on Persona titles going forward.
  6. Most of the key staff members responsible for Persona 3-5 have moved on to work on RE: Fantasy at Studio Zero, including Katsura Hashino.
There is the factor of Atlus not wanting to stomp on P5's parade while it's still going strong, but I'd wager we'll see a new Persona game by 2022.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If not Persona 6, then Persona 2 deserves a proper remake as one game (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment). Fresh gameplay, give social links, activities and keep the story.

Really not interested in any P5 spinoffs or replaying P3, even remade.

Sep 14, 2018
P-Studio was working on Royal until September 2019 so a hypothetical P6 has been in development for 1 year if that is even what they're doing which has not in any way been established.

And considering the director for Scramble said they'd like to keep making games with the phantom thieves it's probably a few years away still.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
Junpei & Aigis alone will need recasts.
Honestly just scrap Junpei entirely. He isn't as bad as his successor in P4, but still pretty bad.

The most exciting announcement would be that they are scrapping the director and getting one of the members of the team that can treat everyone with respect into his position.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly just scrap Junpei entirely. He isn't as bad as his successor in P4, but still pretty bad.

The most exciting announcement would be that they are scrapping the director and getting one of the members of the team that can treat everyone with respect into his position.
He definitely has his problems, I'm not arguing with you there. But from Atlus's perspective, they'd more likely just replace his English VA & call it a day as opposed to throwing out Junpei entirely. Hopefully they also go back & re-do his dialogue, but that may be too optimistic.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Feels way too early to promote Persona 6 right now, Altus wouldn't want to overshadow the Persona 5 popularity just yet.
I wouldn't be surprised if P5 Arena was be next since ASW's schedule will clear up if DBFZ is nearing its end. Plus there's the launch of GG Strive opening up some resources (beyond the staff staying for DLC).

I need that adult P4 cast yesterday.
I'd imagine that it'd only be Yu & maybe one other Investigation Team member at launch.

Sep 14, 2018
Junpei & Aigis alone will need recasts.
Junpei is easy cause that VA is a mess but I wouldn't get my hopes up about Karen getting recast, she technically only liked some tweets there's no way that's enough. She'd have to actually tweet herself "covid is a liberal hoax" or something to actually get her fired.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Shouldn't that actually delay the development of Persona 6?

To clarify, it's the three main leads of the Persona team (Katsura Hashino, Shigenori Soejima and composer Shoji Meguro) that had left P-Studio to helm development at Studio Zero, which is working on Project RE Fantasy. Meanwhile, it's a mixture of vetreans and new blood have taken over the Persona games development at P-Studio, such as Daiki Itoh and Kazuhisa Wada had taken up directing and producer duties for Persona 5: Royal.

Strikers takes place 6 months after the events of P5.

Hence why I added 2016/2017, as I know Scramble takes place six months after the conclusion of Persona 5's narrative.

Sorry if what I said was worded in a weird fashion.