• Xenoblade 2

Votes: 237 28.0%
  • Dragon Quest XI

Votes: 248 29.3%

• Total voters

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Which of these three are your favorite?

It's really hard for me. I'm barely halfway through DQXI or less, and I have been having a great time with it, yet I haven't felt the urge to keep pushing through unlike the other two games. But at the same time, I think DQXI seems like it is the overall best game of the three from my time with it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Slap a poll on this.

Finished P5
Just started Xenoblade 2
Not going to touch DQXI until it goes on sale on PC

Though I can already predict that P5 will still be my favorite. So far in Xenoblade, not really a fan of the combat and how you can't access the tutorials in the game after they first appear. So many freaking systems. DQXI's story seems so bare bones that I'm going to wait to get it. It looks super pretty at least.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI by a mile. Despite the music, everything was consistent and I didn't get bored.

The middle part of P5 is dragging. I didn't really like the feel of Xenoblade 2 when I played it.

Oct 27, 2017
DQ11 is the best of the bunch by far. Loved the characters, the journey, and most of the story. Persona 5 is a great game, but a slight disappointment after 3 & 4. XC2 was alright from what I played, but I lost interest about 20 hours or so in where I hit over 100 hours in the DQ11 and P5.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DQ11>>P5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XB2

DQ11 is pretty much your classic jrpg in a current gen package, the music is garbage though. Persona 5 is a great game but a step down from P4 when it comes to day-to-day interaction. XB2 is the worse of Takahashi's game, too much anime trope, uneven aesthetic and graphics, and overly convoluted system which really needs some streamlining.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Persona 5. It's the complete package, solid story, excellent gameplay, and a killer soundtrack.

DQXI is good, but is dragged down by shit music and even though it's retro appeal is still part of the charm, the battle system isn't that engaging.

Xenoblade 2 is also great, but it suffers from severe anime cringe, content bloat and way too many interconnected systems for it's own good. The soundtrack though is fucking phenomenal. Drifting Soul is SOOOOOO good.

P5>>XB2>>>DQ11

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you make me pick, you monster

Tough choice. For me I think persona 5 == xenoblade 2 > dq11.

11 is a good story but I liked the gameplay in p5 and xenoblade 2 more. I would probably give the edge to Persona 5 though as it's super stylish.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Persona 5 crapped out halfway through and DQXI's gameplay is rather dull.

Xenoblade wins by default.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
DQ11 for sure, Persona 5 is more like one of those visual novel games than a JRPG

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
DQ11. It's about as pure as a modern take on a classic JRPG gets. P5 has amazing style and QoL improvements over 4, but beyond that it has a lot of issues, and the cast/OST isn't as good as previous entries. XBC2 has an amazing world, music, and cinematics, but it too has a lot of problems.

That being said, I played all three of them this year and would give P5 and XBC2 both a 9/10, while I'd give DQ11 a 9.5/10. They're all excellent games that I don't regret playing at all.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Persona 5 is my pick - loved every second of my 115 hour play through.

Couldn't finish X2 after 40 hours due to the random difficulty spikes, uninteresting story, unsatisfying combat and I really disliked pretty much all the characters. X2 even turned me off going back to the switch and continuing Zelda.

Have yet to try DQ.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5 for me. I like DQ11 but I think Persona 5 edges it out.

I think Xenoblade 2 is comically bad so definitely not that.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
My favorite is Xenoblade 2, but Persona 5 is what I'd recommend if someone asked me which JRPG they should play.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
It's like choosing which game is less shit! I dislike all three for different reasons.

Maybe DQ.

Rue

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade shouldn't even be part of this, it's way worse than the other two.

Persona 5 is definitely the best, DQXI is fun but the overall package is just a quite a bit weaker and feels more dated.

Oct 27, 2017
All great games but persona is still slightly edging out dragon quest ( about 30 hours into dragon quest) so that could change by the time I finish. Really enjoyed xenoblade 2 but not on the same level as the other 2

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest and Xenoblade are 7/10 games. If I had to choose one over the other it would be Xenoblade because its unique from average turn based jrpg systems. It tries new things and even though it drops the ball in some places its fresh. Plus Dragon Quest is just too safe. Its a console Dragon Quest done safely and done well in the most ok-ish way possible.

The first 9 hours I put into P5 before a bunch of other games released definitely felt better than Both DQ and Xenoblade.

Xenoblade still has the best soundtrack of recent memory.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing thru DQ11 so I cant fully judge it just yet, but from what I've played my ranking would be Persona 5 followed by XC2 with DQ11 being in 3rd. With that said I'm enjoying it and we'll see if it can push it's way higher on my list.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
How long is Xenoblade 2?

I put in 100 hours into Persona 5 and over 200 hours into DQ11

I beat it in 60+ hours doing a good amount of side quests but coming nowhere close to 100%ing it. I can't imagine how long it would take to fully develop every Titan, get and max out every unique Blade, and complete every quest. That'd probably be more in the range of those other games you're talking about.

It should probably be noted that I played on Easy.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Dragon Quest has boring stale combat. I have never played Persona 5 so I cant speak on it. I always hear its too long from Era members. The only time I ever say something is too long is when I don't like it that much.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the only place I see that places Xenoblade 2 on such a high pedestal. It's weird.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You listed them in the right order. I loooove Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2, but Persona 5 is just a much better made game I think. Dragon Quest XI isn't on the same level, it's good.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5 wins by default for me (and I also think its a great game). Xenoblade 2 seems like generic anime trash, and I'm not really interested in Dragon Quest, especially with the whole MIDI music issue.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Persona is the #2 rpg of all time (behind Xenoblade 1)

Xenoblade 2 was a massive disappointment.

Haven't played DQXI yet, waiting for the Switch version.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I like Xenoblade but good lord the Hud in that game.

Ah, right! Thanks for reminding me!

mR6bdvd.jpg

I love the game, but damn if it isn't despite an endless number of things.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 is my favorite. It's got everything right (OK, maybe not pacing, but that's debatable). I love the presentation, the stories and characters, and the music. The battle system, too, is turn-based done right.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (+Torna) is a great game, too. But it has some problems like its gacha system, its unlikable protagonist, and its mostly meaningless side quests.

Dragon Quest XI's fairytale charm is not enough to carry it through. The characters are mostly bland and one-dimensional. The music is garring. And the gameplay is way too simplistic. This is the only one I couldn't finish. Dropped it after 30+ hours.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played dq11 yet. The music made me not want to get it

Played like 40 hours of persona 5 before I quit the game. ( I loved my time with it but I other things came up )

But I did beat xenoblade 2. I loved the combat, music and characters in this one.. visually it's the worst but man is this game fun