Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Make Yosuke say some vulgar things by using Dito's lines from Drakengard 3 pls. Same voice actor.

goku01899

Oct 29, 2017
Patiently waiting for a mod that allows you to have a proper full love relationship with Margaret.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This one is being worked on too, DAN models in battles:

Hopefully someone makes a PC version of the Yosuke stoner mod too, lol:

Regarding the romance mod for Yosuke, it's substantially easier to make one for him before any other character. In his case there are unused audio files in Japanese and in English, so the content for it was pretty far along before it was cut.
This is why I like him, and why I think the cut romance S-Link kinda fixes his character arc.

It turns him from just a jerk into being a pretty accurate depiction of a confused teenager unsure of how to express himself. Wasn't exactly uncommon for gay teens, especially in the '90s and '00s which were filled with awful jokes and stereotypes, to spout homophobic rhetoric out of a sense of frustration and denial.
Yep. It's a shame that it wasn't included. Some of his sketchier actions might even be a holdover from that.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So I can make devil trigger play when battle kicks in ?

:)

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This one is being worked on too, DAN models in battles:

Hopefully someone makes a PC version of the Yosuke stoner mod too, lol:

Regarding the romance mod for Yosuke, it's substantially easier to make one for him before any other character. In his case there are unused audio files in Japanese and in English, so the content for it was pretty far along before it was cut.

Yep. It's a shame that it wasn't included. Some of his sketchier actions might even be a holdover from that.

Wonder if it'll be possible to throw a filter on the entire image to match the models?

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
Who the hell would want to date Yosuke?
I've dated someone like that IRL and it was terrible.

Kanji / Adachi romance please, and I might buy on Steam.
You'd only buy the game with gay MODS? Atlus is still homophobic, you know. This would be giving money to the wrong people. They literally cut a gay romance from the game in the first place.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Kanji romance would've been rly cute :3c

Yeah I liked Yosuke at the time but later on I'm over him nowadays.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Romance does help contextualize yosuke behavior, although playing the game today, there are some red flags even beyond what repressed queerness could reframe, tbh. Don't like the dude much these days all around.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Glad I searched as I was gonna make a thread about the Yosuke romance mod. Suck it Atlas lol

Oct 26, 2017
He's a homophobe AND a misogynist, what's to like?
I definitely remember a bit of homophobia from the first time I tried the game out on Vita. But since he was initially intended to be gay or bi (as clarified earlier in the thread,) I feel like a lot of that can be attributed to self loathing -- especially considering when the game was written. Context is key here. Also, not that it clears me of anything, but I'm actually bi myself, heavily leaning towards the gay side.

In terms of misogyny, I don't explicitly remember much of it that would be beyond the scope of a teenage boy at the time. That doesn't make it "good," but it is unfortunately realistic. (Note: this isn't playing the "realism card" in a fantasy game. I just mean it was a lot more prominent then, and it's reflected in works like this at the time.) I remember him playing the "male hero" card with Chie, not wanting her to help lest she be hurt. But that tendency by him also works in the game's narrative favor, as it establishes the cliché for Chie to then defy.

As for what's to like, well, there's more to his character than the above. From what I've seen, he struggles with his place in Inaba due to his father's job. He tries to put on a good, happy persona, but has deep insecurities -- a theme of the game from what I've seen. And, honestly, I enjoy his personality. I'm a fan of kinda awkward characters.

So yeah. It's totally possible the game takes a left turn with him (as last time I played on Vita, I barely got to the first "outted" character), but for now he's more than just those blemishes to me. *shrug*

(Wow, that was longer than I intended, lol.)

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Disliking Yosuke is understandable, but you'd have to be delusional to think dating Adachi would somehow turn out well.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
You'd only buy the game with gay MODS? Atlus is still homophobic, you know. This would be giving money to the wrong people. They literally cut a gay romance from the game in the first place.
I just wouldn't be interested in the game enough to buy it again otherwise.

I rarely boycott game companies, though I do appreciate staying informed.
More power to you if you do, though.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I like him, and why I think the cut romance S-Link kinda fixes his character arc.

It turns him from just a jerk into being a pretty accurate depiction of a confused teenager unsure of how to express himself. Wasn't exactly uncommon for gay teens, especially in the '90s and '00s which were filled with awful jokes and stereotypes, to spout homophobic rhetoric out of a sense of frustration and denial.
I can't stand him as he is in the final game, but almost everything he does I agree with your read on it: Very much a sense of frustration and denial, in addition to try to prove to himself and others how "straight" he is.

I've talked to some friends about him and I do hear the "Well he's a horny high school boy, he's kind of an idiot, weren't you at that time?" And to that I say: No, I didn't sneak into girls' rooms on school trips, enter a bunch of girls in a beauty paegant they were all uncomfortable with, sit there and belittle a girl for her weight, and more.

I think he would have been 1000% better and redeemed for all the things he does if it turned out he was trying to hide homosexuality.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Who the hell would want to date Yosuke?
I've dated someone like that IRL and it was terrible.

Kanji / Adachi romance please, and I might buy on Steam.

Did you just seriously say "I don't wanna date Yosuke he's toxic but I do want to date Adachi the king of toxicity"?

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
This community mod pack seems very nice start point for folks :)

gamebanana.com

P4G Community Enhancement Pack [Persona 4 Golden PC (64 Bit)] [Mods]

An all-in-one collection of tools and mods for Persona 4 Golden.... A Persona 4 Golden PC (64 Bit) (P4G64) Mod in the Mod Packs category, submitted by Pixelguin

also new controller button layouts for xbox style or PS4 style is very good

gamebanana.com

Controller UI Overhaul [Persona 4 Golden PC (64 Bit)] [Mods]

All-new button prompts for controllers and Steam Deck.... A Persona 4 Golden PC (64 Bit) (P4G64) Mod in the User Interface category, submitted by Pixelguin