Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I try to stay away from the carbonated drinks if I can, its basically liquefied death.
But if I had to pick .. Pepsi >>>>> Coke.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Have you tried Faygo though
I try to stay away from the carbonated drinks if I can, its basically liquefied death.

But if I had to pick .. Pepsi >>>>> Coke.
There is only one liquid death
LD-Hero-Can-NoShadow_c1889247-97fa-42d4-bb40-c8ad3d5bf332_1080x.png

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Stansard sugar varieties? Coke definitely beats Pepsi. Same with the "Diet" varieties.

Max vs Zero? It's pretty close but Max actually edges it out for me, that flavour + sweetener combination works better methinks, Zero tastes nice enough but it feels like flat Coke that's been recarbonated.

Of course, growing up going to a Central London comprehensive secondary school, we could get these bad boys:

qvoxibwj7th11.jpg

I swear these were so sugary and so carbonated that they could probably dissolve fatbergs in sewage systems with ease, all for 25p a bottle!

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
It tastes sweet with a tangy undertone, from the wine. Of course, depending on amounts, it can taste more like cola, or more like wine.

The wine-cola cocktail was invented in the Basque Territories, btw. There it's called kalimotxo.

As colas for 'standalone' drinking (not mixing), I'd say the best are the special edition premium versions created by Coca-Cola Romania:

Coca-Cola-Specialty.jpg

Apricot-pine, blackberry-juniper, apple-elderflower.
Thanks for breaking it down for me! I've been on a wine kick lately. Might have to give this a shot.

Jul 18, 2018
Coke for me always left this weird after taste in my throat. So the only time I ever enjoyed it was with food, so the after taste isn't there.

Pepsi, idk maybe cause I always used to drink it after doing something physical and was exhausted. So it gave me a nice pickup without an after taste.

Mind you the last time I tried any of these was maybe 2 years ago

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
Coca Cola here in the Netherlands is superior. Pepsi is gross. Only Pepsi worth drinking is Pepsi Twist.
Normal Pepsi taste to sweet. That said both are bad for your health. And I have my doubts about Cola Zero Sugar , it tastes better than Cola Light but normal Coca Cola still tastes better.....

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Pepsi is fine, no clue why people have to make it seem like it's some weird Nazi cola or something

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Neither is anything great. I do prefer Coke but I pretty much only drink it with pizza and occasionally with a burger at a fast food joint.

If I want to drink some sugary garbage I actually prefer iced tea. But water is my main drink.

I remember when I was younger I could just drink a coke or pepsi and enjoy it. Now the only thing I need them with is pizza. Somehow for me soda needs to be had with a good slice.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm drinking one or the other I tend to prefer Pepsi just because Coke has a lot sweeter of a taste. But I would definitely prefer other brands of cola.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Pepsi is shit. They have to tell people not to feel bad for drinking it.

No better than Great Value cola.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
jeff gordon won most of his championships with coke as a sponsor. he switched to pepsi and didnt win as much. so coke is best

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer coke, especially as a fountain soda, but I go through phases where coke just seems heavy, and Pepsi is more refreshing. Mountain Dew is my favorite though.

That said, I'm on day 3 of no soda at all. Yesterday was really tough and I felt like shit. Today is a bit better. Pray for me, Era.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Heh.. the other thread got locked. Fully deserved, the OP was inherently flawed.

Anyhow.. I think both are equally terrible for your teeth. I think both are fine in taste, only really had some horrible supermarket brands which don't hold up to them. I honestly don't drink it all that much.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017

i only found out recently that one of my favorite sodas, diet A&W Cream Soda, has no caffeine. its flavored carbonated water. fuuuuck