Oct 25, 2017
The Pentagon has been asked by the federal health department to provide housing on military bases for as many as 20,000 immigrant children, a U.S. official said Thursday.

The Department of Health and Human Services has asked the Defense Department if beds for kids caught crossing the border with Mexico illegally could be ready at military bases "as early as July through December 31, 2018," the Washington Post reported, citing a notification to Congressional lawmakers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/pen...using-for-up-to-20000-immigrant-children.html

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
This is going to be an absolute clusterfuck. I mean, it already is. But this isn't going to end well. Not with this administration.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere

I mean, the entire bill was a dog and poney show to... detain families instead of just kids.

My god people are stupid, this administration of nazis will only do the worst possible outcome every single time.

Christ, I just hope we don't start hearing about the military executing children.

I wake up everyday wondering when we hear about an ice mass burial site, honestly I don't know what to do anymore.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, why not you show these kids the real american experience; the military.

Surpised he's not sending them to the moon through the space force.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What better way to really drive the point home, then putting military with guns detaining children. I mean think of it, the pr speaks for itself. Long-lensed photographs on the outskirts, pictures of guard towers and kids playing in the yard.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I don't know that stateside bases have the room to house these immigrants. Can't speak for other bases but Naval Station Norfolk has had a shortage of housing on base for sailors for a while, was a problem when I was stationed there, never mind immigrants. I just don't see how this is going to work.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is they'll detain a family for 20 days, hit the legal limit there, and immediately start splitting up families again while saying they did all they could.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
NPR interviewed several military families who were at the protests over the weekend. This is not going to go over well at all, I can't think of a better way to drive down morale than bring thousands of crying children separated from their parents through questionably legal/moral means to already overcrowded military bases.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier, and thought to myself, "I wonder how hard they're going to try and fill that number up."

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
What better way to really drive the point home, then putting military with guns detaining children. I mean think of it, the pr speaks for itself. Long-lensed photographs on the outskirts, pictures of guard towers and kids playing in the yard.
You actually want this (because there are no guard towers and no one will be detained with weapons) over CBP detention.

I mean, you don't want detention at all, but DoD actually has experience housing and providing for refugees— and the kids are more likely to get medical care. More funding for provisions too.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You actually want this (because there are no guard towers and no one will be detained with weapons) over ICE detention.

I mean, you don't want detention at all, but DoD actually has experience housing and providing for refugees— and the kids are more likely to get medical care.
Actually, i dont want this.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Are any of these children unaccompanied as a result of the zero-tolerance policy? Why so many? Where were they being housed before?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
You actually want this (because there are no guard towers and no one will be detained with weapons) over CBP detention.

I mean, you don't want detention at all, but DoD actually has experience housing and providing for refugees— and the kids are more likely to get medical care. More funding for provisions too.
They wouldn't be in charge of it.

HHS will still be the ones heading the operation. They are just housing them at the military bases, but will not be using outside resources unless requested for it.

Which means, it will most likely again be the "nonprofit" contractors that HHS has been delegating to thus far.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that stateside bases have the room to house these immigrants. Can't speak for other bases but Naval Station Norfolk has had a shortage of housing on base for sailors for a while, was a problem when I was stationed there, never mind immigrants. I just don't see how this is going to work.

That's because they won't get actual housing. It'll be the same deal as it has been: a warehouse converted into pens.

"Beds" being cots at best, but likely bedrolls depending on the timing.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
The military keeps getting budget increases every year so they may as well use it looking after kids.

The optics of this... l guess they really want to give the Gestapo comparisons more fuel.
I hope historians and history books are absolutely ruthless to that slimey, orange shit stain. His entire family will forever be known as nothing but liars, cheaters, frauds and deplorable human benings for the rest of time.
I'm not holding my breath. No guarantee he won't be rehabbed and treated with the deference any former president is. Look how everyone in the media loves Bush W now.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked the population of my city/town and 20,000 is literally a larger population by a hundred or two hundred than the town I live in. Insane.