Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yes, Batman's butler

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ets-new-batman-prequel-series-at-epix-1112339

The series will revolve around Alfred Pennyworth, the best friend and butler to Bruce Wayne (aka Batman). The series is not a Gotham spinoff but rather an entirely story exploring Alfred's origins as a former British SAS soldier who forms a secret company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne — Bruce's billionaire father, in 1960s London. Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred Pennyworth on Fox's recently renewed Gotham, is not involved. Casting has not yet begun and the series is set in a completely different universe despite hailing from Heller and producers Warner Horizon. (Others who have played the Alfred role include Jeremy Irons Michael Gough, Michael Caine, Alan Napier and William Austin, among others.)

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Why is he always an ex special forces guy. The guy in the animated series didn't feel like that

Why can't we have him go through butler school or some shit man

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh god lord we went from introducing all the characters on Gotham to introducing all the parents of all the characters with this show

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And here I thought Krypton was stupid
And you know what? People eat this shit up

EDIT:

Only way I will accept this if it's a hardcore spy series with vauge Batman references

Oct 29, 2017
Why is he always an ex special forces guy. The guy in the animated series didn't feel like that

Yeah, who goes from being an ex special forces guy to a Butler?

If he wanted to work for Wayne, he could have instead been his security guard and head of security at the mansion.

He feels immense guilt at failing to protect the parents that he vows to protect their son.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Sony was going to make an Aunt May movie and that was the epitome of "We're out of ideas"?

Warner Bros: "Hold my beer."

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Its been his backstory for a long time that he was in the Military for awhile and he left when his dad died.

His Dad was Bulter for the waynes first and the Pennyworths were on good terms with the waynes, So when his dad died He look up his old position because he was looking to get out the military around that time and he wanted to feel closer to his Dad at the time.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's really not the worst idea given that both the comics and films have alluded to him being a badass in his earlier years.

With the right casting, this could actually be pretty cool.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I mean if you think about this as just a period piece spy drama in 60s London with a former SAS Agent it doesn't sound so bad. It's just the Batman baggage.

I guess timeline wise we must be talking like mid to late 60s with Thomas and Alfred in their 20s? A contemporary Bruce would've had pretty old parents and butler otherwise.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read it at first as "Pennywise" and was like Oh that sounds interesting...

Not so much this. Lol

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Alfred's life as a soldier has always been the least interesting background I've heard. I would much prefer a storyline about his life in theater.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And one of his best friends is an American named HArry HArrison, a pale fellow with a peculiar sense of humor who dreams of establishing a chain of successful amusement parks in Gotham.

Also, he sees a nameless orphaned urchin child trying to mend a pot and he's all "cobble that pot together, boy!"

*music swells*

*shadow in the shape of a penguin*

EPIX CONTACT ME MY RATES ARE REASONABLE ALSO KILLER CROC'S DAD SHOULD LIVE IN THE SEWER AND BE TRYING TO INVENT A NEW KIND OF COMFORTABLE GAUDY SHOE

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus points if he's an overweight buffoon for the first series and then goes through a rapid change just in time for the second.

And one of his best friends is an American named HArry HArrison, a pale fellow with a peculiar sense of humor who dreams of establishing a chain of successful amusement parks in Gotham.

The author?

41TW1QY236L._SX274_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Lol, this is the nerd version of "this Onion article actually became a real thing":

Not that I mind, why not. But the idea is still pretty funny.
Also I don't know what Epix is.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And in the finale they reveal that he banged Martha behind Thomas' back and that he's actually Bruce's biological father.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
So he'll go up against a younger Ra's al Ghul. What other characters were around back then?

Can we please just get the animated Smallville follow up? Tom Welling & Michael Rosenbaum said they are up for it.

raindoc

Oct 29, 2017
I love Fleming's (& Connery's) Bond, enjoyed Kingsman.... so the basic idea of an Ex-SAS man with good manners forming a secret society with an ultra-rich dude in 1960ies London sounds good to me.