• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
creepy to me how once pence became veep he just calmly equivocates trump like he had a brain lobotomy

not that he wasn't always a tool but biden, cheney, gore ect had their own respective personality or "brand"
Pence's brand has been deference to the most extreme conservative base. Has been his entire career. He was a terrible governor for Indiana and almost severely damaged the state and capital with his RFRA nonsense that he allowed to get through because he placates bigots. His whole role was to show Evangelicals that it was okay to blindly follow a man who shares none of their true ideology because he would be a Trojan horse to getting conservative judges on the bench for life. His entire being simply looks at how do I continue to accrue influence and power for my radically conservative Evangelical beliefs. He will do nothing to jeopardize that.

Pence doesn't really know how to be moderate or to govern a wide mix of beliefs, he just knows how to cloak his racism and bigotry better than Trump who has no tact about it. And even then he doesn't do a very good job of that.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I watched this interview while it was airing on Face the Nation this morning. The first half alone with the way he tried to talk his way around Dickerson's questioning for the pandemic already had my blood boiling. By the time they came back around to the second half when the questions turned to the BLM protests I absolutely knew the words "all lives matter" was going to come out of his rotten fetid mouth. I've always known Pence is a shitbag of course but something about his whole demeanor throughout the whole interview has reignited a whole new hatred of the man in my heart that almost rivals that of Trump.

Can't wait for the opportunity to figuratively dance on his literal grave.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
"All lives matter...but some lives matter more than others."

You don't even think LGBTQ lives matter, Pence! So I doubt you think black lives matter either! Fuck off!

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
but....how can you not hear it when you say it

how are people so dumb, to really not grasp the movement, why are people protesting, how

like, how

They grasp the movement, but that don't want to acknowledge it. They frame it as Radical Liberals easier to sell to their base.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Imagine thinking black folks plight is a political agenda. Fuck off you white supremacist. Gonna love seeing your ass kicked out of office.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Narrator: Pence actually didn't believe any life that isn't straight, cisgendered, white, and of Christian heritage mattered.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
but....how can you not hear it when you say it

how are people so dumb, to really not grasp the movement, why are people protesting, how

like, how

Hes not stupid. He knows what time it is. Hes ALWAYS known. This is malice, not stupidity. All these movements including BLM is are a direct challenge to the current social structure that he and others feels they are protectors of. White supremacists wouldn't be crawling out of the woodwork if not to defend it as well.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised that there's still anyone dumb enough to use the phrase "All Lives Matter" as a response to the BLM movement.

At the very least though, at least it seems like he's using the phrase to defend himself......it's not meant as some kind of witty retort. It's a way for him to recognize the legitimacy of the movement without enraging the lunatics who would go crazy if he actually said "Black Lives Matter."

It's a shame the reporter couldn't press him harder...."Well if all lives matter, then would you agree that Black Lives Matter?"