• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35446

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'd be worried if my self preservational instinct is the thing that makes me care about where I buy my digital video games.
Ha, that part wasn't to you in particular (as I've noted your take wasn't unreasonable in this instance due to what Rami was responding to).

But I do think buying from a digital storefront with every indication that their practices will lead to overall higher game prices in the future does act against a consumer's best interest.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
If they aren't discounted I won't buy them. I am frankly not sure at all if I will buy any game that was released with Epic store excusitivity at all but even if I do it will be on a large discount.

As many have pointed out, there are no truly "suffering" or unknown devs being locked to EGS. There is enough content being released on multiple platforms as well as the huge amount of content already released that I don't care about EGS or anything on it.

Yeah, I was looking forward to Out Worlds but I can wait (or just skip it).
Same here, I'm inclined to just pass on any title exclusive to EGS entirely. So many games come out all the time, I have no problems completely skipping a game, at best I'll wait until the title is $5-10 on Steam 3 or 4 years later...

Jan 16, 2019
If consoles can have exclusives why bot PC? Hell maybe this'll push valve to have their own better exclusives
Because consoles are closed gate systems with most exclusives being third party. PC is an open community now with EPIC moneyhatting third party exclusives. If this doesn't make any difference to you, then you're are not worth arguing against

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If consoles can have exclusives why bot PC? Hell maybe this'll push valve to have their own better exclusives
But no new games are being added to the pool. You're just cheerleading the same number of games being available in fewer places, and hoping that all competitors start similarly restricting that a chunk of that same pool of games to their own store. There is no upside for us to this.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny seeing people saying this about developers when so far most big games going exclusives are from publishers?

So publishers gets big paycheck and we don't have any reason to beleive that money goes to developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.