• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestrillo

Feb 23, 2018
35239806923_36c8678ef3_o.jpg

35660762110_01cdf56c45_o.jpg

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hunt looks far worse than i was expecting from a 2018 crytek game
The game looks great but you can tell they dialled back everything back until they optimize it further. The official reveal trailer is what I expect it to look like when its optimized. The game doesn't even really have graphic options atm. Just a low/medium/high, Pop in is extreme but thats something I expect to be fixed once it runs better.

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonistic behaviour towards other users.
Final Fantasy XV @ 2160p
39811195374_b66f6ef8d5_o.png

You know, it helps if you look at what others post (not only is it nice to them so they get attention for their work, even if it's just a snap from a cutscene, but you might also learn something). If they have already posted a cheap screenshot from the in-game cutscene you have another shot from, but a couple of frames later, you might want to reconsider posting your shot, even if you spend so much time on it like you did with this one (that's sarcasm, in case it isn't picked up).

This thread isn't loved because of lame-ass shots from cutscenes without any customization from the person taking the shot, it's loved because there are shots in this thread no-one else has seen before. When I saw the duplicate, I really had to laugh out loud, good god, people, is this the quality we as a community want to uphold or can we do better? I think we can.

btw, what the **** is up with that misogynistic clothing of the female character in this game? I thought the era of the dude-bros is slowly beginning to slide behind us and gamemakers start to realize female characters can wear normal cloths as well.

Anyway, carry on!

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
User warned: needless hostility and personal attacks
You know, it helps if you look at what others post (not only is it nice to them so they get attention for their work, even if it's just a snap from a cutscene, but you might also learn something). If they have already posted a cheap screenshot from the in-game cutscene you have another shot from, but a couple of frames later, you might want to reconsider posting your shot, even if you spend so much time on it like you did with this one (that's sarcasm, in case it isn't picked up).

This thread isn't loved because of lame-ass shots from cutscenes without any customization from the person taking the shot, it's loved because there are shots in this thread no-one else has seen before. When I saw the duplicate, I really had to laugh out loud, good god, people, is this the quality we as a community want to uphold or can we do better? I think we can.

btw, what the **** is up with that misogynistic clothing of the female character in this game? I thought the era of the dude-bros is slowly beginning to slide behind us and gamemakers start to realize female characters can wear normal cloths as well.

Anyway, carry on!
Oh, I'm sorry that i hurted your sensitive artistic soul. I accidentally missed his post because it was on the bottom of thread and i didn't followed the thread lately because of douchebags like you who instead of just saying "hey dude, it was shot from cutscene, remember the rules and please don't post this in future" started to rant about how low effort community become and how smart you are by sarcastically poking my entire work judging by one single screenshot. Don't worry, i stop posting my shameful mediocrity in this thread, i know that all my screenshots are garbage anyway and not even close to those perfectly cropped photoshopped art that occasionally keep appearing here despite all low effortness from me and others who's not meet quality standards of this awesome and extremely friendly screenshot enthusiasts community. Carry on and have a nice day!

Oct 28, 2017

Anyway, carry on!

When I read your post, I really had to laugh out loud.

OtisInf

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): Ignoring a warning to continue engaging in disruptive behaviour.
Oh, I'm sorry that i hurted your sensitive artistic soul. I accidentally missed his post because it was on the bottom of thread and i didn't followed the thread lately because of douchebags like you who instead of just saying "hey dude, it was shot from cutscene, remember the rules and please don't post this in future" started to rant about how low effort community become and how smart you are by sarcastically poking my entire work judging by one single screenshot.
Hmm. Let's see, you now call me a 'douchebag' but I receive a warning for showing that you simply posted a duplicate shot of a low-effort cutscene... odd.

Anyway, I'm not even mad, like I said I had to laugh. It's just sad people just post here without looking at other people's shots apparently, as it's very obvious it's a dupe of the same scene. Notifying one of them is apparently not wanted and is met with the usual enthusiasm: "douchebags like you". Sure, let's put my efforts to make screenshotting an easier task for many out there, where guides, tools, cameras, shaders are all made freely available next to your efforts and then again let's see who the douchebag is.

Oh and resetera mod, good job mate! Let's put warnings on everything a user has to say here :) (Oh sorry, this likely will make you warn me again)

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Hmm. Let's see, you now call me a 'douchebag' but I receive a warning for showing that you simply posted a duplicate shot of a low-effort cutscene... odd.

Anyway, I'm not even mad, like I said I had to laugh. It's just sad people just post here without looking at other people's shots apparently, as it's very obvious it's a dupe of the same scene. Notifying one of them is apparently not wanted and is met with the usual enthusiasm: "douchebags like you". Sure, let's put my efforts to make screenshotting an easier task for many out there, where guides, tools, cameras, shaders are all made freely available next to your efforts and then again let's see who the douchebag is.

Oh and resetera mod, good job mate! Let's put warnings on everything a user has to say here :) (Oh sorry, this likely will make you warn me again)
Don't want to continue this discussion, just want to say to others that i didn't meant to offend anyone except this particular individual, sorry guys if you may thought that i directed my post to anyone else! I should have used "egocentric witchhunter" instead of "douchebag", my english is still not perfect and sometimes i may write not exactly what i was going to say. I also state again that i had no intentions to offend any other work except this particular guy, i saw a lot great works in this thread and don't think that editing your screenshots is terrible thing, you can do whatever you want with your work until you not starting to rant on other members of community. As i said, i no longer participate in this thread anymore in order to prevent such situations in future, sorry for duplicate screenshot, i agree it was fuck up from my side.

Nov 6, 2017
Don't want to continue this discussion, just want to say to others that i didn't meant to offend anyone except this particular individual, sorry guys if you may thought that i directed my post to anyone else! I should have used "egocentric witchhunter" instead of "douchebag", my english is still not perfect and sometimes i may write not exactly what i was going to say. I also state again that i had no intentions to offend any other work except this particular guy, i saw a lot great works in this thread and don't think that editing your screenshots is terrible thing, you can do whatever you want with your work until you not starting to rant on other members of community. As i said, i no longer participate in this thread anymore in order to prevent such situations in future, sorry for duplicate screenshot, i agree it was fuck up from my side.

I've been following the screenshot thread even before this forum but I never actually post because I'm too lazy but I enjoy every single screenshot regardless if its 720p or 8k. Otislnf exaggerated and was overly dramatic and I believe he has done that before or at least theres a person once in a while thats pissy about some users screenshots as if this is some premium art show convention. Dont bother/ignore them and keep it up :).

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that one time I was an asshole about the quality of shots being posted, and Otis (as well as everyone else in the thread) took me to task for it :P

It's a massive public gaming forum. Some people just want to casually take screenshots and post them on a forum without fear of derision. I'd say, if you're the type to put in more effort, then let that be an opportunity for your screenshots to stand out. Don't try and chase people out of the thread. That's never a good look.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Ultra Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition EX PLUS Alpha+

40525343262_772ba6b6a1_o.png

Resolutions are: 2560x1080 Original, Super-Resolution via Ansel to 10x = 25600x10800, Downsampled to 5120x2160
38757603190_25c681243a_o.png

First Time trying to take picture with the NVIDIA Ansel, Pretty good. Too bad I suck.

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dynasty warriors 9

no mod for removing hud fully or a free cam so aplogies if the hud bothers some.

game looks amazing in places though

40575166991_13c3b7120d_o.png

40575115361_75d6c6f30d_o.png

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
After playing only around two hours on the PS3, I started Dead Space 2 again on my PC. Loved the first one, didn't like everything that came after the second. Runs nicely at 5k 144fps. Textures could be better, but IQ, lighting and general mood are pretty good.

deadspace22018-03-04o7s28.jpeg

deadspace22018-03-04wwsbp.jpeg

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Star Wars Battlefront II
It's on sale for like 24€ on Origin, so I bought it just for the eye candy. And oh boy does it look great. In the campaign I get 60fps at 4k maxed with occasional drops into the 50s. I'm really impressed so far.

starwarsbattlefronti2ukky.jpeg

starwarsbattlefrontijskmr.jpeg

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Dead Space 2 feels great to play on PC, I'm having a really fun time. I think it looks good for a 7(!) year old game, high resolution is doing its magic.

deadspace22018-03-04j8kbm.jpeg

deadspace22018-03-04ucj0b.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.