Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
People calling each other guardians is weirdly one of the most annoying parts about destiny fans

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Arkham Origins comes before Knight? But I have the other 3 games. They did 1,2,4? Really?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
The BLOBS are taking over.

8p2Ir9r.png
Brothers, our time is now!

Wait, Arkham Origins comes before Knight? But I have the other 3 games. They did 1,2,4? Really?
Origins was released after Asylum and City, yeah.
Prequels, man.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Super Robot Wars V, here I come

Along with Digimon, and Atelier

That sweet sweet JRPG goodness

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way of working out what game a key redeems without actually redeeming it?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Guys, should I play the Arkham series in release order or chronologically?
The technical chronological order is:
Origins-Origins DlC- Batgirl DLC from Knight-Harley DLC from Knight- Asylum-City-City DLC-Knight-the other 3 Knight DLCs

But you should play them in release order. City in particular introduces a bunch of gadgets and combat moves that you later end up re-acquiring in Origins (or their analogues) without going as in-depth about how they work.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
About 5 hours into Eastshade. The game is really lovely, and has a lot more meat on its bones than I was expecting. It doesn't run really well, but it has a good low-budget charm that really helps. The game feels low budget, with the character models being janky and the voice acting is weird sometimes (the mic quality is inconsistent), but it all adds up to this dreamlike experience. Really enjoying it, would recommend it highly.

I'm thinking about starting up Pathologic 2 afterwards but I'm a little cautious after hearing how impenetrable it is. I know it's supposed to be a miserable experience but I'm worried that I won't enjoy what is good about it enough to push through. I'm thinking it'll be just unique enough to help me want to get through. I heard that they added difficulty sliders at some point. Would fans of the game consider that ruining the experience or is it a better way to experience it all? Also, as someone who is a coward when it comes to horror games (I quit RE2 because Mr. X was giving me something close to a damn panic attack, lol), will the game bother me a whole lot?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Actually, I've been meaning to play Spec Ops The Line.

It's been sitting in my backlog for years. This is probably the month.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
New releases dosent really slow down. I need better time management to play even a small portion of all these new games. Or possibly lose my job .

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
About 5 hours into Eastshade. The game is really lovely, and has a lot more meat on its bones than I was expecting. It doesn't run really well, but it has a good low-budget charm that really helps. The game feels low budget, with the character models being janky and the voice acting is weird sometimes (the mic quality is inconsistent), but it all adds up to this dreamlike experience. Really enjoying it, would recommend it highly.

I'm thinking about starting up Pathologic 2 afterwards but I'm a little cautious after hearing how impenetrable it is. I know it's supposed to be a miserable experience but I'm worried that I won't enjoy what is good about it enough to push through. I'm thinking it'll be just unique enough to help me want to get through. I heard that they added difficulty sliders at some point. Would fans of the game consider that ruining the experience or is it a better way to experience it all? Also, as someone who is a coward when it comes to horror games (I quit RE2 because Mr. X was giving me something close to a damn panic attack, lol), will the game bother me a whole lot?

Glad you're digging Eastshade. It really is a pleasant experience.

For Pathologic 2, I've been seeing a lot of videos being produced of late singing its praises. I've had it Wishlisted for some time but am thinking of digging into it sooner than later. The impression I get is that it's not supposed to be fair and you're supposed to fail some quests. You can't save everyone. I've also heard that dying in the game isn't even the worst thing that can happen. Like that's a more interesting outcome than trying to do a perfect run your first time.

I think I'm gonna do regular difficulty to start and just see how it goes from there. If I get too frustrated it'll at least be nice to know that I can toggle Baby Mode if need be. But I'd like to see how far I can get on default at first.

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
Super Robot Wars V, here I come
WPKMibB.png

It's been a while since anything Steam related has frustrated me this much.
I've never heard of anyone actually getting banned for using VPN to buy a game, but I'm still not sure it's worth the trouble of potentially losing an account with almost 2000 games. Decisions, decisions...

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Outer Worlds is the main game for me this month. Gonna play it day one on Game Pass PC. I'm also so ready for autumn. Summer can go fuck itself. I'm ready for chilly weather and wearing comfy pants while I sip coffee and play video games.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in Indivisible, but I really am put off by the way the characters are set on those 3d environments. Perspective throws me off and I can't get over it.

y6Q5tRA.png

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
WPKMibB.png

I've never heard of anyone actually getting banned for using VPN to buy a game, but I'm still not sure it's worth the trouble of potentially losing an account with almost 2000 games. Decisions, decisions...

I had the same bizarre dilemma with RAD. Had no luck buying a 3rd party key, it wouldn't activate either.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Lootboxes legislation starting to creep itself out of Belgium (thank you Belgium!). It still not the best (would prefer a Fortnite model where you can always know what the next item is):

– Introducing the X-ray Scanner for users in France:

— The X-ray Scanner allows users to reveal the item inside any container.
— Each user's x-ray scanner comes preloaded with a one-time exclusive non-tradable item—the P250 | X-Ray.
— Users in France must first claim this item to use the x-ray scanner again.

In France, every container must first be placed into the X-ray Scanner to reveal the item inside before purchasing a key. The X-ray Scanner will consume the container and reveal the item inside. To use the X-ray Scanner again, the revealed item must be claimed; it is not possible to scan another Container without claiming the revealed item.

In France containers can no longer be purchased from Steam Community Market, but can still be sold.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Must have - Outer Worlds ; Because I have gamepass now, and don't have to pay Timmy Sweeney for it.
Should have - Disco Elysium ; I really don't have the time or urge to play such a large RPG right now, but it sounds like a very special game.
Could have - Pine ; It wasn't on my radar, but looks very interesting.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Must have - Outer Worlds ; Because I have gamepass now, and don't have to pay Timmy Sweeney for it.
Should have - Disco Elysium ; I really don't have the time or urge to play such a large RPG right now, but it sounds like a very special game.
Could have - Pine ; It wasn't on my radar, but looks very interesting.
I also have some free gamepass available from latest cpu purchase, but that is the same as "renting" the game or? I.e. won't get to keep the game when I choose to not pay for extended gamepass?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I just want to say that I am disappointed that my "Play no anime games in October" challenge wasn't accepted

Eldon

Oct 27, 2017
Is Outer Worlds enough for me to finally dive into Game Pass? What do you think?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Good month for me. Outer Worlds via game pass, going check out Afterparty as I loved Oxenfree, and will see what Pine is like. Shame i'm on holiday for two weeks middle of the month so i'll have alot of catching up to do after!

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Anybody still on the fence about code vein, just get it, it's a great souls like game. Just don't use a partner and it's great.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It took me a while but I'm pretty into Outward now. There are a few elements that are... kinda not enjoyable at all, but overall I think it's a pretty interesting RPG.

Nov 1, 2017
Is anyone here plays Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator games?

SCS Software is doing an in-game event to raise awareness for breast cancer.

Inspired by truck manufacturers and truckers from around the world, this October we are proud to be joining the Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness campaign! We're asking the community to join us in supporting this great cause by delivering Pink Ribbon goods across Europe and the USA in our international Pink Ribbon Charity World of Trucks event.

Also, 100% of DLC money will go to charities.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is Outer Worlds enough for me to finally dive into Game Pass? What do you think?

Dunno?

Do you like that kind of RPG's? Do you like Obsidans previous games? Do you like New Vegas?

And I mean, based on your other post after this, no single game on gamepass is worth you signing up for 24-36 months, right?
Why are you looking at such long subscriptions to start with, instead of just trying a month for a buck?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium and Outer Worlds(via Game Pass) are what I plan to get this month. I was really looking forward to Afterparty, but will be waiting til 2020 I guess.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in Indivisible, but I really am put off by the way the characters are set on those 3d environments. Perspective throws me off and I can't get over it.

y6Q5tRA.png
I had the same issues since the beta. I backed the game so I'll get it anyway, hopefully it's something you can get used to in the long run...

Lootboxes legislation starting to creep itself out of Belgium (thank you Belgium!). It still not the best (would prefer a Fortnite model where you can always know what the next item is):
I don't understand anything (and I'm sure that's the point).
So now, you are obliged to know what's in a box before opening it, but once you've scanned a box you're obliged to open it or you cannot claim any other box afterwards, so Valve can pretend it's not a loot box mechanic anymore since you know what's inside, your choice is just to accept it or... stop playing?
I am very confused.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
WPKMibB.png

I had the same issues since the beta. I backed the game so I'll get it anyway, hopefully it's something you can get used to in the long run...

I don't understand anything (and I'm sure that's the point).
So now, you are obliged to know what's in a box before opening it, but once you've scanned a box you're obliged to open it or you cannot claim any other box afterwards, so Valve can pretend it's not a loot box mechanic anymore since you know what's inside, your choice is just to accept it or... stop playing?
I am very confused.
Yeah, no idea how it really works lmao.

May 17, 2019

Glad you're digging Eastshade. It really is a pleasant experience.

For Pathologic 2, I've been seeing a lot of videos being produced of late singing its praises. I've had it Wishlisted for some time but am thinking of digging into it sooner than later. The impression I get is that it's not supposed to be fair and you're supposed to fail some quests. You can't save everyone. I've also heard that dying in the game isn't even the worst thing that can happen. Like that's a more interesting outcome than trying to do a perfect run your first time.

I think I'm gonna do regular difficulty to start and just see how it goes from there. If I get too frustrated it'll at least be nice to know that I can toggle Baby Mode if need be. But I'd like to see how far I can get on default at first.

The difficult is integrated into the experience, much like Dark Souls or Celeste. However, the story also hinges the suffocating challenge. Still, the the difficulty is highly modular in the settings, so you can tweak any particular element if that is what you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.