• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on Farabel? I don't know anyone who owns it, but I got a 66% off coupon that's stacking with the current 50% discount, making it less than $2.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
How time flies...

Steam_birthday.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
BTW I have this weird ass issue with some games on Steam:
Mad Max for exmaple won't display DS4 buttons when I have my DS4 connected, it did it only once and then hasn't been doing it since. Is there a way to force a game on Steam that allows for auto DS4 button displays to ALWAYS use DS4 button displays regardless of controller type used?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've long since given up engaging people like the "linux kernel UI" guy and this "mario napoleon" guy, I don't think I'd have the energy to do it anyway.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
BTW I have this weird ass issue with some games on Steam:
Mad Max for exmaple won't display DS4 buttons when I have my DS4 connected, it did it only once and then hasn't been doing it since. Is there a way to force a game on Steam that allows for auto DS4 button displays to ALWAYS use DS4 button displays regardless of controller type used?
Some games have native support the DS4 and will show you xbox prompts if you use Steam Input to produce xinput for your DS4 controller. If you go Controller Options for that particular game, you can force it off. Then restart Steam and try again, it might work again. No clue why it worked that one time, though. Maybe Steam Input had some issues and didn't properly produce xinput commands?

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Is Garage any good? Considering doing a bundle on humble with that and some other games but the only things I actually want are that and Guts & Glory.
Looks like dumb fun

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just killed a woman because some politician got drunk and wrote her a lewd letter. All kinds of dark in the pursuit of money.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition for 45 bucks. Been doing my best to avoid all media for RE2, January cant get here soon enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Deadly Premonition and got up to the end of the Lumber yard area until I drove around to look for my hotel. Got frustrated, map was useless, driving is boring, ran out of gas and just gave up. I'll probably watch the story online on Youtube because if it wasn't for the driving and the boring open map, I would've liked this game a lot more.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many things about the systems and design in AC Odyssey that are really frustrating. BUT the core gameplay, incredibly huge, beautiful world and Kassandra have me totally addicted.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Resident-Evil-2-DE-Reversible-Cover_10-08-18.jpg

I like the Noir costumes. PC does have a digital deluxe version with these extras.

Damn, Leon Grimes and Leon Castellanos look awesome (and Claire Walker). I'm totally going to rock them on other playthroughs. I hope Mikami has seen the tribute, someone should tweet it to Bethesda PR.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Deadly Premonition and got up to the end of the Lumber yard area until I drove around to look for my hotel. Got frustrated, map was useless, driving is boring, ran out of gas and just gave up. I'll probably watch the story online on Youtube because if it wasn't for the driving and the boring open map, I would've liked this game a lot more.
Giant Bomb has two! great playthroughs of DP. I'll probably never play through it, but I'm happy I got to see the story. Some of the dungeons look so tedious with the same couple enemies and chase sequences over and over, I'm glad I can skip playing them myself.

DessieDoo

Jan 17, 2018
Is the Paw Patrol picture supposed to link to the game LOOM on steam? I dont know why I even clicked on Paw Patrol to be honest, but if its a 3D platformer, I am in day 1!

Also, does anyone else find Crosscode really difficult? Maybe I am just bad but I am struggling in the first area and I cant complete some of the quests.

It's a difficult game. But if you're trying to do the Hedgehag quest, that one is best tackled a bit later. Note the quest level and set your expectations accordingly. Also, note that improving equipment is generally more effective than leveling up.

Also, most enemies have an exploitable moment or technique for taking them down more easily.

If you get stuck on puzzles, there are Let's Plays on youtube as well.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
to where? what's a better email that's free?
I don't know, like I said, I don't know where to start. There are plenty of options out there, but it all depends on what you need I guess. I for example will absolutely need regular old pop3 and imap support, and some of the options don't offer it, but if you are fine using the webmail on your browser then the options are even more numerous.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Might not be a popular opinion, but I specifically don't want an email service that's free. If it's free, then they are making money by selling or otherwise exploiting your data. Sure, there's ads, but if the going gets tough, they'll try to make money any way they can. And with Google and the others, there's even more for them to gain by feeding your data into their ad platforms.
I have no qualms about paying say around 30€ a year for quality email service, especially if you can reasonably trust in protecting your privacy.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Resident Evil 6 would have been a masterpiece if it wasn't for the single bone headed decision to not let you use those awesome unlockable costumes in the campaign mode.
183c5b6a66673cd6120b448ca60fbfa4.jpg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, the correct answer is the Steam filthy monopoly, it's much worse than anything you could imagine. Steam is full of DRM and pop up ads, and thanks to no curation it's well-known fact that 95% of everything on steam is crap thats 5/10 even on the IGN scale at best.

XS5LK.gif

F Steam, there are much better platforms out there...

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Resetera (well, technically still GAF back then) loved Dragon Age: Inquisition so are we really in a postion to throw stones?
Inquisition I can understand more than, DA2. At least DAI was a complete game, even if it's open world design was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
I have no qualms about paying say around 30€ a year for quality email service, especially if you can reasonably trust in protecting your privacy.

Would be nice to have one inbox per address. Haven't seen a commercial email service that offers this, only single inboxes per account (even if they offer multiple addresses).

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and I say it again, DA:II is an achievement and a great game for something that had less than 2 years of development time.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Come continues to be pretty great. 10h in.

It's so refreshing to play some good quests with multiple solutions again.

Like the one I had yesterday, where I had to search for a stable boy that had dissapeared after an attack.

When I found the camp where people were hiding him, I had four options (maybe more, for how to find him from there).

1. Search the nearby woods myself for him.
2. Threaten one guy who wanted money for the information, to get some vague directions to him.
3. Pay him, for more clear info, about which people to follow, and when, to find him.
4. Convince the foreman to give up the info, by killing the bandits who were also searching for him.

There are a lot of things in this game that I wish that Bethesda and other developers would learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.