• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Can you play FFXI on unofficial servers with the Steam version or you are forced to pay the subscription?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
uUZJuse.jpg

Huh. That's something to wish for.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I figured KH had maybe license issues with them ignoring Xbox (and thus maybe that was why there was no PC versions of old games). Now that they're porting to Xbox but still ignoring PC, it's gotta be something else. Maybe Disney is the hangup.
Disney dumped all their games on Steam some years ago. It was never a licensing issue. It's just S-E being S-E.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
But you are the manager; you're not playing football, you're managing it

You know what I meeeeeaaaannnnn.

Been buying players and shit?

I have zero transfer/wage budget so no lol. I don't know why I take ages to play anything, I appear to have a problem. But hey, I usually enjoy myself.

I need to figure out how to get free players who I don't have to pay a wage. I barely have a squad, only 1 GK, no wingbacks, and I'm in the lowest Turkish league which doesn't allow foreign players, so I can't take advantage of our Portuguese affiliate club. Our first friendly is coming up and it's one of the best Turkish teams, Fenerbahce. My career is gonna be a bloodbath.

I want to finish a season before I play Fallen Order. I need to stay out of that OT because it's getting me all hyped and shit!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I meeeeeaaaannnnn.

I have zero transfer/wage budget so no lol. I don't know why I take ages to play anything, I appear to have a problem. But hey, I usually enjoy myself.

I need to figure out how to get free players who I don't have to pay a wage. I barely have a squad, only 1 GK, no wingbacks, and I'm in the lowest Turkish league which doesn't allow foreign players, so I can't take advantage of our Portuguese affiliate club. Our first friendly is coming up and it's one of the best Turkish teams, Fenerbahce. My career is gonna be a bloodbath.

I want to finish a season before I play Fallen Order. I need to stay out of that OT because it's getting me all hyped and shit!
Try and get loans in where the parent club pays their wages

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Try and get loans in where the parent club pays their wages

I've made an assignment for a scout to look for loan GKs, but the season hasn't started yet, so I assume he'll start emailing me suggestions after he's been to matches? Or can I speed up the process? I tried the player search function, but couldn't figure out a way to get free loan contracts for players, the profiles only seemed to have transfers or wage-dependant loans as options.

I'm just a humble manager, I only want players to move across the country and play for my team for absolutely no money or glory at all. Too much to ask?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I've made an assignment for a scout to look for loan GKs, but the season hasn't started yet, so I assume he'll start emailing me suggestions after he's been to matches? Or can I speed up the process? I tried the player search function, but couldn't figure out a way to get free loan contracts for players, the profiles only seemed to have transfers or wage-dependant loans as options.

I'm just a humble manager, I only want players to move across the country and play for my team for absolutely no money or glory at all. Too much to ask?
He should get back to you in a few days/weeks

Go to scouting > player search > tick interested in loan and itll show players your scouting team knows about

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Medieval era for AOE4 is a disappointment.
I did not want another Company of Heroes, TYVM

This looks beautiful, and we don't know how far into the Early Industrial era we could tech up.

We could get a blend of AoE2, Cossacks + Stronghold, which would be like, the dream historical RTS.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Division 2 often crashing during long story missions is...not good.

also I could have sworn I saw Edge of Eternity during the id@xbox trailer.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to be "that guy" but I decided to finally install the gamepass app since, well I own a ultimate sub anyway...

I downloaded the app, installed it, logged in, downloaded Blazing Chrome, booted Blazing Chrome.

Pretty seamless, pretty harmless, so yeah, sucks for people with problems but /shrug?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I came home from work and sat down to see everything Microsoft talked about and was like, "Hey a lot of this looks pretty cool. Microsoft is finally turning into something I can get behind," only to log in here and so many people are angry lol. Weird times we live in.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Pretty seamless, pretty harmless, so yeah, sucks for people with problems but /shrug?

As long as it works, it is fine. The one time it does not work, it is a huge mess to try to fix it. For myself, there was no way to play The Messenger, despite my best efforts. The game is free on EGS, and I can launch it there without any issue. Thankfully, the Game Pass beta only costs $1 for 3 months.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
As long as it works, it is fine. The one time it does not work, it is a huge mess to try to fix it. For myself, there was no way to play The Messenger, despite my best efforts. The game is free on EGS, and I can launch it there without any issue.

oh its a game by game case? well shit.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
shamelessly cross-posting from the Switch thread, but I love the game and if anyone is looking for Sparklite impressions:

Sparklite

I can see the Moonlighter in it, or Sword of Ditto (which I loved) for sure. It has the same "go out into the world to get money / items, come back to hub base to upgrade it, get access to new zones" gameplay loop. So yes, it's one of those. Anyway, impressions!

- Love the art style. It's more pixel art simple sprites instead of hi-res 2D, reminds me a lot of Celeste for example artistically.
- TURN OFF SCREEN SHAKE IMEDIATLY, legit looks like the game is dropping frames, it was so jarring I wasnt sure what was going on until I turned it off.
- Very whimsical soundtrack.
- Gameplay wise you have your wrench for melee, a charged stomp (for combat or puzzles since you can nail down spikes for puzzles for example) and a short dash on a short cooldown. This is your default kit without any items.
- You can add patches to your wrench for more health, more energy, stronger attacks and other stuff (i'll get into it more later). This works on a 3X3 grid (so 9 slots) and you have to tetris your way around it since some patches are bigger and whatnot.
- Speaking of patches, one of the first things you can unlock at the hub is the ability to fuse patches, so if you have two patches that give you a quarter heart (health), fuse them and now they give a half-heart, and only take 1 slot instead of 2. Now imagine doing that for your other upgrades and there's your upgrade management.
- You can get expendable items out exploring. These range from a healing item, a cluster bomb around you (good for breaking rocks and revealing holes to go down into or money), a area of effect attack, etc. These have charges and once you use them all they are gone. You also lose them if / when you die (you keep all the money you find tho)
- You find shrines with weapon blueprints on them. These act as little weapon tutorial dungeons, which is super neat. For example I found a remote control baloon bomb blueprint, and the little dungeon had me "drive" the bombs around mazes to hit switches. Once you finish the dungeon, you lose the weapon but gain the ability to build it back in the hub. So these are the permanent items / weapons you have, but I havent built any so I dont know if you keep them after you die, or if you start with them or what happens. More on this later.
- You find various holes and caves you can go into with various small challenges, with chests and items and whatnot.
- This is where it gets interesting. I found some explorer dudes that after a little task gave me a map of the area. But it's a roguelike, so how does that work. Well when you go back in after dying or whatever, you have a grayed out map of the new area, so you know exactly where the dungeons or the exit to the new zone are, even tho the layout is different. This is a patch for your wrench tho (remember those) so you have to decide if you want to use it or not.
- There seems to be a fixed amount of stuff in the maps no matter how the layout changes. The boss dungeon was still there, a smaller dungeon with a chest was still there, the weapon blueprint shrine was still there (except i died before going to it so I couldnt find out if it was the same or a different one lol). I havent managed to beat the first boss yet, fucker is hard fam.

That's about it for now. If you like games with get money -> upgrade your hub / stores / crafting -> go back in the world - > get money -> etc loops, it seems to be a very strong one of those. Jumping back in, more info soon!
I can't kill this boss fam!

more Sparklite:

- ok so, I can't go anyware besides the first area, everything is locked behind gates I can't seem to open / switches I can't press.
- the weapons / gadgets are not a "unlock 35678903983085907357630 different weapons" like dual stick shooter roguelikes, they are specifc items that I imagine you need to unlock shit later. I built the crossbow, and unlocked the ability to build 2 more, but you can only carry 2 at a time.
- when I had the crossbow I ran into a cave that had a crossbow specific puzzle (just shoot crystals far away to activate moving platforms) which never spawned before so thats neat, I wonder / guess if it spawns specific challenges for the items you are carrying on you at any given run?
- there must be a way to jump gadget because I keep running into boxes on platforms I cant get to. Also some sort of shovel because there are clearly things that need to be dug up, including a switch to move on to another zone.
- like I said, the maps layout change, but the things in them do not. I cant even enter the weapon shrine again. The slam the spikes into the ground puzzle that spawns a chest only spawns a empty/opened chest now. It's a interesting mix of procedural and permanency.
- you unlock a widget (that's the expendable items) store that gives you a freebie on each run.
- you can unlock a bigger patch grid for your wrench.
- you can see the world map covered in fog of war, seems to be 4 or 5 more weapon/gadget shrines.
- there is a big gate with 4 symbols on it, no idea how to open it, I guess its the bosses but... I cant kill this boss fam.

jumping back in.
one final update on Sparklite for now until I finish it I guess:

- killed the first boss finally, seems there are 4 more (at least).
- I can now access the second zone because I have a new ability, which as I geussed before, let's me
dig stuff up
, so the story path is linear in that sense.
- I still want to fully explore the first zone when I start a run as I still need a lot of money and I want to use the new ability, but I imagine as you finish your upgrades you just blitz to the zone / objective you need to be in tho, and I like that loop.

That's about it, really liking it, a lot more than Yaga (totally different games, just the other indie I day 1'ed recently), but I like these types of half story / half roguelike...roguelikes. Still, 2 for 2 in "happy day 1 purchases", next up Children of Morta on the 20th I guess (and then probably Touryst and Black Future 88 on the 21st money don't leave meeeeeeeeee)

Status
Not open for further replies.