• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Well, completed Death Stranding.
The plot was really good, but the gameplay as I wrote feels something it's here just to fill a gap. It works and it works well enough until you realize you are doing the same thing again, again and again for 50, 100, 150 hours.
The action segments are awful, I understand Sam is not Solid Snake, but the aim system sucks so much with the cursor going on its own when it wants, with enemies being only bullet sponges on higher difficulties. All the bosses are also the same, I honestly thought some MGSV boss fights were much better than what you get here, which is simply shoot at the boss until he runs out of health.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommended monitor stands for putting two monitors onto the one stand?

Having two monitors with their own stands is taking up too much space on my desk.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Posted this in the PC Builder thread, but I feel like I could probably get a better answer on the gaming side of things.

Does PC Building Simulator have a good selection of cases and is it updated frequently with new models? Is it viable for getting an idea of how you want to lay things out for a custom loop? Do they have the new style flat reservoir/pump combos? I'm trying to get myself ready for the NVDA 3000 series next year and I want to have components ready to go to have my build not take so long like last time.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Any recommended monitor stands for putting two monitors onto the one stand?

Having two monitors with their own stands is taking up too much space on my desk.
Can't really recommend anything but I have a Dell Single Monitor arm so can give some tips.
Get a desk mounted one, it frees up alot space because the area below your screen doesn't get occupied. You want the clamp part to have a bit of surface area to avoid wobbliness.
The ones with arms aren't really necessary, they mostly just make it easier to adjust with more articulation but if the range is enough for your needs the ones with a vertical bar should be fine.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Arm-mounted monitors are they way forward, so much more free space.

Any greenmangaming codes btw?

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
As grey-market sites go, is instant-gaming reliable? Their Black Friday sale starts tonight at midnight Eastern time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As grey-market sites go, is instant-gaming reliable? Their Black Friday sale starts tonight at midnight Eastern time.

I've had no issues with them in the past, but their payment fees are on the high side iirc. They're no G2A, if that's what you're asking. More like CDkeys. So no fuckery with paying extra for "buyer protection" or nudging you to evade VAT.

Nov 1, 2017
Any Euro Truck Simulator 2 players?

Road to the black sea DLC is releasing on 5th of December. It will let you explore Romania, Bulgaria, and European part of Turkey.

New trailer:

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
So...you can no longer buy Assassin's Creed 3 on Steam? Weird.

Also...is there any way to buy Halo Reach without buying the whole Master Chief Collection? Like...it looks like you can, but it also says that MCC is needed...so I'm not really sure.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Also...is there any way to buy Halo Reach without buying the whole Master Chief Collection? Like...it looks like you can, but it also says that MCC is needed...so I'm not really sure.

You can only buy the remastered AC3:

About Halo, Halo:MCC is basically a collection of DLCs (with each game being its own DLC, that is launched from inside Halo MCC). Halo:MCC price is the full game with all DLC, but you can buy each DLC separately and play it.

Edit: Poor Teeth getting the answer multiple times.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Not the original, no. Only the remaster.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
So what you're saying is....there's an Assassin's Creed 3 Remaster?

I don't believe you.
Thanks guys, i should have known hahaha

Not sure why Ubi doesn't have it on their "franchise" page

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
i found someone selling a brand new oculus rift for $120. jumped on it, but is it a good idea? i have no idea how aged the tech is...

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Normal Rift is fine. 120$ is a great price for it if it has Touch controllers!

this is the package (picking it up tomm) - i assume it has everything?

78216978_10214691885945993_1668312520655372288_n.jpg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really recommend anything but I have a Dell Single Monitor arm so can give some tips.
Get a desk mounted one, it frees up alot space because the area below your screen doesn't get occupied. You want the clamp part to have a bit of surface area to avoid wobbliness.
The ones with arms aren't really necessary, they mostly just make it easier to adjust with more articulation but if the range is enough for your needs the ones with a vertical bar should be fine.
Arm-mounted monitors are they way forward, so much more free space.

Any greenmangaming codes btw?
Appreciated

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
this is great

The best [blur]delay announcement[/blur] video I have seen lol.

I am looking forward to replaying the stanley parable. what a great game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
One of the very first things I did in Disco Elysium was have a discussion with myself in the mirror about my facial expression and came to the conclusion that it was a goofy grin designed to impress ladies.

I'm gonna enjoy this game.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Anybody using a 4k TV split into virtual monitors? I'm thinking about getting a 4k oled TV to run games at 1440p ultrawide with three 720p screens above it.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of crashes in Age of Empires 2 DE game pass edition. Tried to uninstall the 4k pack as that is apparently a known issue with the steam version but, shocker, Xbox app doesn't appear to give you that option. So uninstalling the entire game, wee. Hoping clean install will fix it, in a strategy mood.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
All this talk about VR in last week made me think about getting Quest (I would love to get Index but it really is too expensive and I need new GPU too). But DJI released awesome Mavic Mini drone too for the same price as Quest so I am now not sure what to get XD

One will make me go outside more and other will make me spend even more time in front of the screen but it will kinda make me workout more XD

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Far Cry New Dawn on Steam, on my local uplay client the game is showing up, but if I access my account from the browser or the app, it isnt listed there. Achievements have been unlocking normally but Ubisoft Club challenges are not. Has someone experienced something similar?

Geez. I have watched a lot of game related stuff lately, but didn't have time to play something myself the last two weeks, and won't be able to this weekend either. While three games are ready and waiting to be played.
Also all those deals flying around, but I forbid myself from bying anything before winter sale, to not build a backlog.
It's slowly walking on my nerves. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.