• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Question. I'm looking to jump into an RPG in the vein of Ultima 5, ,6, and 7. Any reccomendations? Doesn't have to be top down / isometric, but in the vibe of those games.

SS3 looks fantastic. I'm of age for those games to have come out in my teens / early 20s, but I never played 1 or 2.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question. I'm looking to jump into an RPG in the vein of Ultima 5, ,6, and 7. Any reccomendations? Doesn't have to be top down / isometric, but in the vibe of those games.

SS3 looks fantastic. I'm of age for those games to have come out in my teens / early 20s, but I never played 1 or 2.

Ultima was a bit before my time and I never went back to them yet, but I remember a lot of people comparing the Divinity OS games to them.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Tried out the demo for Metaverse Keeper and it's very fun. The game plays like I wanted Sword of Ditto to. It's easy to pick up, quick to start, and your character moves at a decent pace. Having online co-op is also has me very excited for this.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy how Far Cry New Dawn is 50% off in some places already. Its only 1 month since release lol.

Far Cry 5 also 75% off less than a year after release. AssOdyssey was also discounted kinda fast in a couple months.

The new Ubisoft this past year is really aggressive. Gotta like it huh. Now I want Origins for 10 bucks during summer sale. Kthanks

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultima was a bit before my time and I never went back to them yet, but I remember a lot of people comparing the Divinity OS games to them.

As someone who grew up with Ultima I got absolutely nothing out of Divinity. It felt nothing like it.

Rather unhelpfully I cannot really recommend anything that does. Which is sad.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 are directly inspired by the Ultima series and are phenomenal RPGs. So BrutalInsane heads up! They might just be for you.

As to how they actually compare to Ultima... now, I haven't played the Ultima games, but as I understand it they have a similar approach to world and quest design. They have clockwork worlds that gives you tools and lets you solve problems your way.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
When it released for PC on August 10, 2018, it sold more than we expected. Up until now Capcom has been in the business as makers of console games, and PC versions were always secondary in terms of importance. However, after seeing the sales this time around, it made me think that we must change the way we recognize PC as a platform.
In the regions where Monster Hunter: World is available for PC, Asia is at the center as a new rising region for games. When looking at the sales of each country, it was clearly higher [on PC] compared to the console versions.
Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/...tance-of-the-pc-platform/#ShjXQZuMbEZc4HdQ.99

I believe that the successful experience from Monster Hunter: World will work effectively for policies moving forward.
That remains to be seen, Capcom..

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I need a long Ethernet lead to stretch from the back of my room and down to the landing where the router is. In order to make sure I can run it along the skirting board and neatly place it, I'll need a long one.

Looking at 30 meter cables. Is there anything I should know while I'm looking?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I need a long Ethernet lead to stretch from the back of my room and down to the landing where the router is. In order to make sure I can run it along the skirting board and neatly place it, I'll need a long one.

Looking at 30 meter cables. Is there anything I should know while I'm looking?

It might be worth looking at Powerline Adaptors? I ran about about 15m of Ethernet cable when I last had a desktop and didn't experience any noticable lag or connectivity issues, but I do seem to remember warnings about anything over 20m or so. Though whether they were well-founded warnings or not I can't remember now.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
It might be worth looking at Powerline Adaptors? I ran about about 15m of Ethernet cable when I last had a desktop and didn't experience any noticable lag or connectivity issues, but I do seem to remember warnings about anything over 20m or so. Though whether they were well-founded warnings or not I can't remember now.
cat6 can do up to 100m with no issue, for 30m you will be fine with a cat6 or cat5e even. Don't get a powerline adapter as those can introduce latency and if you don't have clean power that can cause issues.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, there's a 30m cat6 cable I'm looking at now that will do the job.

Thanks for the feedback!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
cat6 can do up to 100m with no issue, for 30m you will be fine with a cat6 or cat5e even. Don't get a powerline adapter as those can introduce latency and if you don't have clean power that can cause issues.
Sorry for the double post, but can i take the cheaper option here?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-I...ad+long&qid=1552973048&s=gateway&sr=8-10&th=1

See the colour options hal way down the landing screen, there's a 17.99 option and a 10.99 option, will the cheaper one be good enough?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Man US companies are selling to Tencent like crazy XD Is there bigger IT company from US that is not partnered with Tencent in some way?

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Also neat, this achievement from Imperator Rome.

97253ea.png

Can always rely on Paradox for some goofy achievements.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The Google console should launch without any features beyond starting a game and just buy exclusivity for already announced games. I want to see how the Epic store defenders react when competition suddenly happens to them.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to watch the Google stream just because I think it's going to end up being important and I want to see what they have.

I'm also completely dreading both it and the Epic GDC.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to laugh if they lock certain games to streaming only. Ass Creed was fine during Project Stream, but I couldn't wait to get off it. It's a nice way to demo a game, but not the way I want to experience my games as a PC gamer. I guess it's not as big a deal if you're a console-only gamer. I wonder if they're going to introduce smaller priced rentals/demos. Watch a streamer play something, pay a bit to continue from there and play through a few levels to see what the game plays like. Maybe have free demos where you can play 15 min of whatever their playing. I doubt it'll be as consumer friendly, but I can hope.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Is that a salt meme? Fuck this game.

What? Do you even know history?
Since the 19th Century, various historians have claimed that the Romans ploughed over the city and sowed salt into the soil after destroying it but this is not supported by ancient sources.

It is a reference to the famous words by a Roman emperor and the (disputed) claims that the Romans salted the earth after razing the city.

Also: the salt meme as a picture is with your index finger and thumb sprinkling salt while the hand is a little outstretched forward. The picture shows a Roman soldier letting salt fall from his open fist.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I made an epic account to get the free Edith Fitch but I havent logged in since and I have never even downloaded the epic launcher but I just got an email I have been hacked! They got me!

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I almost wish they'd take games away from the Epic game store and make them streaming exclusive...imagine the shitstorm...

Aren't we all kind of secretly hoping for this? I'd kind of love to see a big dick waving contest that spread the casualties everywhere. It's not really a fair comparison though. I expect Google to have plenty of services. What's happening with Epic is more like if Nintendo bought Sony or MS and announced they were killing Live/PSN and replacing it with Nintendo's online system. Then these trolls would know why we're moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.