Status
Not open for further replies.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else use the wireless Modmic?

I'm confused, because every time I turn my computer off at night and turn it back on the next day, I have to re-sync the mic in order to get it to work. I think it doesn't actually need to be re-synced, but I can't figure out how to turn it on otherwise. There's literally one button, and if I press it when it's off, it doesn't do anything, but if I hold it for any amount of time, it enters the syncing mode.

Edit: Okay, holding the button down for 2 seconds turns it off. Pressing it again turns it on. So it really does just need to be synced up every time I restart my computer. That sucks.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I still need to give Below another go one of these days. Rebought on steam a year or two back and got annoyed how fucked the black levels were in a game all about darkness and quit again

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
1161580_20220621214407_2.png

Hardspace: Shipbreaker is going places..

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I hope it answered the question how you managed to survive Talos while everyone else couldn't. :)

Thy final third (quarter?) felt incomplete and rushed in comparison to the rest of the campaign. Guess I'm not alone in saying that it should have ended earlier. Prey suffered from classic pacing issues by the time it concluded, unfortunately.
It was a good twist, I liked the idea.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Had to refund Ass Creed Unity just before time was up...I love the setting, but...did y'all really not feel how bad the movement and controls are in this game? The parkour and combat prioritizing animation over inputs makes playing it feel like trudging through molasses. It feels like Red Dead Redemption 2, but in this case it's worse since this game revolves around movement. What a shame. If this were as snappy as the old games it probably would've ended up being my #1.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues logging into steam today? Won't launch on my PC and breaks when I try to log in from the browser.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues logging into steam today? Won't launch on my PC and breaks when I try to log in from the browser.
They are going through something I think. It just took me a while to request a refund because none of the buttons showed up for several minutes even after refreshing/they told me the game I was refunding wasn't in my library.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
They are going through something I think. It just took me a while to request a refund because none of the buttons showed up for several minutes even after refreshing/they told me the game I was refunding wasn't in my library.
its tuesday and Steam always has maintenance around this time lol

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Automatic detection of a billion different controllers is nice, but I'm still not a fan of Steam Input. All I want to do is map the esc key to select+start press and it's such a convoluted setup that I would much rather continue using DS4Windows.

Alternatively, Duckstation and PPSSPP not allowing for simple multi-button hotkeys is also annoying. I don't want to have touch the keyboard if I'm not playing a game with the keyboard dammit!

Uncalibrated

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Anyone know anything about the mystery badges she mentioned?
In the past, A few days before the sale begins you can get mystery cards for crafting badges. Then when the sale goes live the cards (and mystery event badge) change from mystery cards to the named cards fitting the theme of the sale. I'm guessing they are doing something similar. But maybe they could have something new planned.

Edit: On one occasion, about a decade ago, the Steam community was divided into teams and the team that crafted the most badges for the day won mystery items (discount coupons or games from wish list, I can't remember). It's possible that crafting badges during the sale might have new ramifications.

Last edited:

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Using the HD mod in FF7 Remake makes the stutters unbearable and I can't seem to fix it. 😢

Without the mod, the game barely had any hiccups so I might have to remove it.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
Since I'm new to PC gaming, I have to choose between 2 laptops. And since I live in the Middle East the prices might look high to some of you but this is the case here. Which one is better for me when taking into consideration price to performance and specs ratio:

Lenovo Legion 5:
I7-10750h
Rtx 2060
16 gb ram
256 gb ssd
1000 gb hdd
$1200

Or

Lenovo ideapad gaming 3:
I5-11300h
Rtx 3050 ti
16 gb ram
512 gb ssd
$945

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This is me once again bemoaning Steam input and the apparent inability of me to set up multi-button hotkeys instead of straight remaps, and Duckstation for not being able to do the same, forcing me to use L3 or R3 instead of being have to hit select+start to do stuff.

Since I'm new to PC gaming, I have to choose between 2 laptops. And since I live in the Middle East the prices might look high to some of you but this is the case here. Which one is better for me when taking into consideration price to performance and specs ratio:

Lenovo Legion 5:
I7-10750h
Rtx 2060
16 gb ram
256 gb ssd
1000 gb hdd
$1200

Or

Lenovo ideapad gaming 3:
I5-11300h
Rtx 3050 ti
16 gb ram
512 gb ssd
$945
The first is more powerful but the latter will continue to get driver support since it's newer.

DLSS and FSR will end up helping you boost the longevity either way though.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Lenovo Legion 5:
I7-10750h
Rtx 2060
16 gb ram
256 gb ssd
1000 gb hdd
$1200

Or

Lenovo ideapad gaming 3:
I5-11300h
Rtx 3050 ti
16 gb ram
512 gb ssd
$945

I would pick the first, only bad thing is the SSD size

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder how the people in charge of this service even find some of the shovelware garbage they toss onto Prime gaming.

I mean, I consider myself pretty informed even about bad PC games, but some of these games are just so head scratchingly bad to the point where I wonder how they even got made in the first place and if they actually sold any copies before Amazon came along and paid them to put them on Prime.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I've had £20 in my steam wallet for about 3 years and not spent it. I wonder if I will this time 🤔
I have had € 20 in my steam wallet for half a year now. The primary reason that I don't spend it is that even during sales, 95% of the time buying the steam key elsewhere is a lot cheaper. Hoping to pick something up during the sale though.

Last edited:

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Steam input has let me play games like Stalker and KOTOR 2 with a controller on a tv so I love it. For any big game someone always a has a config. Over time I've learned how to tweak them or even make my own.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have had € 20 in my steam wallet for half a year now. The primary reason that I don't spend it is that even during sales, 95% buying the steam key elsewhere is a lot cheaper. Hoping to pick something up during the sale though.

Same. I will have something in my wish list, then it goes on sale elsewhere or in a humble bundle at significantly cheaper than steam.

grggrhrk

The demo for Last Vanguard is really cool, but I can't play platformers with WASD. My left hand is just terribly uncoordinated with these keys.
Oh, same for me! I played some games, where you'd aim with the mouse, but do everything else with WASD, and I just can't. It is even worse, that the mouse also defines in which direction the character is looking, and I often ended up walking backwards, because of this, what is slower - it was all a whole mess to me. 😞

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
store.steampowered.com

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on Steam

Embark on an epic adventure full of whimsy, wonder, and high-powered weaponry! Roll your own multiclass hero then shoot, loot, slash, and cast on a quest to stop the Dragon Lord.

For those that were waiting for it to come to Steam. Arrives 6/23 with a discounted price.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Automatic detection of a billion different controllers is nice, but I'm still not a fan of Steam Input. All I want to do is map the esc key to select+start press and it's such a convoluted setup that I would much rather continue using DS4Windows.
I gave it a shot and you're right, doing that is pretty damn convoluted. I couldn't get it to work without setting off the normal bindings for start/select. I reckon it would be better to set Esc to either long press or double press of either button instead. Or just keep using DS4Windows since you're used to it.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Hey so, I'm next to a gaming store and I'm gonna buy a pre-paid steam card.
Can anyone recommend me some more on the cheaper side with sales indie games?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018

Alternatively, Duckstation and PPSSPP not allowing for simple multi-button hotkeys is also annoying. I don't want to have touch the keyboard if I'm not playing a game with the keyboard dammit!
You can bind Esc to a chord combination, if that's an option.

Last edited:
1 gift from Cels

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cels Cels!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cels said:
free on fanatical rn

These are our awesome prizes:

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Definitely not feeling this one. Knowing it's from the Alien Isolation team makes it hurt so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.