• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I expect about 30% of the games to be exclusive but the remaining 70% will be worded ambiguously to make you think they're all exclusive.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the PC show, if games are exclusive to EGS? Meh who gives a shit, saves me money.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the PC show, if games are exclusive to EGS? Meh who gives a shit, saves me money.

I would rather pay a bit more for a game if can get it delivered through a proper launcher client. Packaging is important. So Epic are really going to annoy me today I guess.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I expect about 30% of the games to be exclusive but the remaining 70% will be worded ambiguously to make you think they're all exclusive.

None of them will be permanently exclusive anyway so honestly I find it relatively easy to ignore. By the time you're halfway through your backlog of games for this year, those games will be on Steam as well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather pay a bit more for a game if can get it delivered through a proper launcher client. Packaging is important. So Epic are really going to annoy me today I guess.
Same, but I'm genuinely past giving a shit. I owe these companies nothing and they owe me the same.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Same, but I'm genuinely past giving a shit. I owe these companies nothing and they owe me the same.

I don't feel that I have to think how owes who what or not. They either provide a service I want to use, or don't, and right now they don't. I have zero incentives to want to use their shitty launcher other then that they're trying to force me by limiting options, but then I can just pick other games.

I can perhaps try the EGS again when they announce that they're showing installation sizes for games without workarounds.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
New Team Fortress!

FOR VR!

Announcing Meat Fortress: A Ridiculous Update For Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Can CP2077 take over Halo in first 24h?

ZJdZWeX.png

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure if this is the thread to ask this but anybody here uses a tv for pc gaming?

I notice a less smooth experience when playing pc games on a tv compared to my monitor. I swear there is a slight juddery feeling. Using my ps4 on the tv gives a smooth experience similar to when I use my pc with my monitor.

I had this in both oled and led tvs I have. I'm sure its not my brain messing with me.

I'll ask this in the tv thread as well.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the thread to ask this but anybody here uses a tv for pc gaming?

I notice a less smooth experience when playing pc games on a tv compared to my monitor. I swear there is a slight juddery feeling. Using my ps4 on the tv gives a smooth experience similar to when I use my pc with my monitor.

I had this in both oled and led tvs I have. I'm sure its not my brain messing with me.

Sure. I don't really like connecting PCs to TVs, but I do have a history of connecting consoles to monitors and there was a noticeable reduction in amount of image processing. Now obviously console stuff tends to be designed with this in mind, but it's still noticeable, so if you're fine with one, maybe check the PC AV cable?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Sure. I don't really like connecting PCs to TVs, but I do have a history of connecting consoles to monitors and there was a noticeable reduction in amount of image processing. Now obviously console stuff tends to be designed with this in mind, but it's still noticeable, so if you're fine with one, maybe check the PC AV cable?

I use HDMI to connect the TV. It's really weird and noticable when I compare with a monitor. I'll try tweaking some settings on the tv. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Did you make sure to turn game mode on for the hdmi input you have your pc connected to and turn off auto motion? Failing that most TVs have a pc specific mode hidden somewhere

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I do with my tv

Haven't noticed any actual issues - weird thing is it looks different first then the screen blinks and looks better - might be tv auto adjusting but from my experience haven't had any visual issues

Status
Not open for further replies.