Votes: 493 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayerUnknown's Game Ban. Gather supplies and outwit your opponents to become the last person to get banned.

Sendou

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I remember there being a thread about the Steam Store getting updated with the ability to follow devs/publishers but can't find the link to the thread about it... Can anyone hook me up? Just wanted to reread what it was about.

GeoMack

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did someone say first person Shadowrun?
209608-shadowrun-xbox-360-front-cover.png

2e154fad-08b1-4224-9383-fe14e0dd670e.png

f84fd9d9-7cbc-4397-b76c-3adac4fb1796.png

That was actually fun as hell tho.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
That was actually fun as hell tho.
Imagine someone kicking you in the stomach while you didn't expect the blow.
That's about how I imagine it felt for a fan of Shadowrun, especially during the drought of CRPGs in the late 2000s. Luckily that was a bit before my time, I was getting into PC gaming at the time, and still playing lots of games from the 90s and early 2000s, which I got pretty much for free with my first PC.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty much addicted to Wreckfest. It's a shit ton of fun online and since the next race typically starts pretty fast after you finish one, it's easy to just play and lose track of time. Think I've played it for about 5-6 hours in total today.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The first. (For no other reason than it being cheaper and I thought I'd try that)

Then just let me tell you that you should get the second game ASAP in the next sale.
It incorporates every single bit of content you own for the first game into the second one, making the campaign twice as big.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/617810/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Mortal_Empires/

I mean, is she keeping the costume?

Good heavens, i haven't even thought of that!
Maybe it isn't such a bad idea afterall.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Deus Ex: HR is unplayable on my TV at 1080p... not because of performance, but because the UI doesn't properly scale with resolution. It'd probably be OK (barely) with a monitor, but at couch distance from a not-gigantic TV the text is eyestrain-inducingly tiny.

Why more games don't have customizable text sizes is beyond me.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Past the 4th "boss" (that was weird, maybe they ran out of time/money) in The Surge. That whole big area was pretty rough. The ability that lets you slow down time really saved my hide.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Is the GMG EARLYBIRD25 coupon dead already?

Where do you live? I tried to use it as soon as it was mentioned in the thread, but it didn't work in Malaysia. Or, to be more precise, it didn't work on any version of Hitman 2 in Malaysia, and since someone else used it on Hitman 2 in the UK, I just assumed it didn't work in certain countries.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you live? I tried to use it as soon as it was mentioned in the thread, but it didn't work in Malaysia. Or, to be more precise, it didn't work on any version of Hitman 2 in Malaysia, and since someone else used it on Hitman 2 in the UK, I just assumed it didn't work in certain countries.
Brasil

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know if there's any tricks in getting better graphics and/or better performance in AC: Syndicate?

I'm running the game on a 1080 with an i5-8400 and 16gb of RAM and the textures look kinda...muddy...

I get 60fps most of the time but it still dips lower quite often, especially during cutscenes.

In comparaison I run Origins with everything maxed out and get a solid 60fps...

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
So Uplay sale got an extra 20% discount for using 100 ubicoins seems some games are even cheaper than GMG with that

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Titanfall 2, and the campaign is excellent. Too bad EA sent it to die so it could buy Respawn.
Anybody know if there's any tricks in getting better graphics and/or better performance in AC: Syndicate?

I'm running the game on a 1080 with an i5-8400 and 16gb of RAM and the textures look kinda...muddy...

I get 60fps most of the time but it still dips lower quite often, especially during cutscenes.

In comparaison I run Origins with everything maxed out and get a solid 60fps...
Weird, Syndicate ran better for me.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Been thinking about the implementation of bots in Quake Champions. Tons of new players are giving Quake a try and majority are sharing pleasant first impressions.

Thing is, new players always face bots at the start and the game really doesn't spell this out clearly. I get the idea of easing new players in carefully, it is Quake, but at the same time isn't this giving a slightly off image of how Quake really plays out?
At best people are excitedly highlighting their killstreaks to YouTube or have already put together commentaries what they think of the game while only showcasing bots.

I guess time will tell if this kind of "manufactured" intro to an multiplayer pays off and folks stick around beyond that. Would be an interesting demonstration how to hook people in, and of course great to see the rise in popularity.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Not quite imo. If you havent played Death of the Outsider dont read, if you have:
I believe its going to be canon that the outsider lives/becomes human and I'm more than certain you'll play with him in the next game, if they're ever making one. Its a perfect set-up imo.

Hmm, I have played DotO but if your speculation is correct you think...

the Outsider would get marked himself/his powers back again? I played the 'spare his life' ending so I know he becomes normal but figured that was his conclusion. Certainly would be interesting playing as him though, for sure.

Oct 29, 2017
I am putting more work in my morality choices in Witcher 3 NG+. Morally ambigous Geralt.

That Cat School witcher who Lambert wants to off. Dead. Think he running slaves. "I donate to charity." Fuck off with that noise.

That lady that cursed that dudes son. Lives. He dumped her so I figured he would dump the mother anyway. Plus she had freckles.

I dropped a fake L-bomb on Triss to have sex with her. Afterwards she is like what shall our future be and I am like look at the time. That is what she gets for taking advantage of an amnesiac. Yen is getting the same shit for letting my amnesiac-ass flap in the wind. I am banging everything that moves this playthrough.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Durante- Alright thanks. I'm interested in the Beastmen expansion so I'm waiting for that to go on sale.

BTW have any of you chaps made badges recently and got summer cards yet?

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm, I have played DotO but if your speculation is correct you think...

the Outsider would get marked himself/his powers back again? I played the 'spare his life' ending so I know he becomes normal but figured that was his conclusion. Certainly would be interesting playing as him though, for sure.

No idea how it would work but this is a darker story after all. I wouldnt be surprised if something bad happened to the protagonist.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So right click and paste doesn't work in new Steam chat but when i went to report that and when i saw that there is no human way to check if somebody already reported it i just gave up.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
So right click and paste doesn't work in new Steam chat but when i went to report that and when i saw that there is no human way to check if somebody already reported it i just gave up.
Use shortcut keys you luddite.

But just report it, there is probably somebody on the other side taking care of duplicates. It is better to report because they may tackle issues taking account of bug popularity.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Absolutely loving Vampyr so far. I knew that i will enjoy it but this is even better than what i expected.
Can't remember the last time i enjoyed atmosphere and game world so much, it just pulls you in. Dontnod developers are really becoming experts of story-driven games.
Also performance for me is great, it works better than their 2013 game Remember Me.

Nov 6, 2017
Absolutely loving Vampyr so far. I knew that i will enjoy it but this is even better than what i expected.
Can't remember the last time i enjoyed atmosphere and game world so much, it just pulls you in. Dontnod developers are really becoming experts of story-driven games.
Also performance for me is great, it works better than their 2013 game Remember Me.

Glad you liked it. One of the worst games this year for me. If you're only at the beginning your opinion might change half way. Its not that its bad, its just, one of the most boring/tedious/annoying games I ever played and I got suckered in by that good introduction. Its exactly like that Murdered Souls Suspect game.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo, my internet was gone for a few minutes and in these minutes I had a pretty consistent framerate in AC: Origins. Does that have to do with Denuvo and whatever other layers of DRM the game has?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Glad you liked it. One of the worst games this year for me. If you're only at the beginning your opinion might change half way. Its not that its bad, its just, one of the most boring/tedious/annoying games I ever played and I got suckered in by that good introduction. Its exactly like that Murdered Souls Suspect game.
Oh man that game.
I'm gonna re-install it and replay it to beat it esp. now that I know how to resolve its silly FPS issue.

Oct 26, 2017
Man my experience with a few Unity designed games lately have been utterly disappointing. mainly because certain games don't have in-game gfx options and I notice some irritating stuttering and bizarre FPS fluctuations or drops.
It's entirely up to the developer. You can choose to have the default launcher or you have to implement a graphics options menu yourself.

I know that quite a few Unity games have issues with garbage collection at unwanted times. But, AFAIK, if you pool your resources and try to properly manage your resources, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, they've made some recent improvements that allow for some pretty impressive stuff:

I've yet to look into how the job system actually works under the hood.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Sooo, my internet was gone for a few minutes and in these minutes I had a pretty consistent framerate in AC: Origins. Does that have to do with Denuvo and whatever other layers of DRM the game has?

I doubt it. There's no proof that Denuvo has a noticeable impact on performance. Rime occasionally still comes up as an example, but the poor performance people were attributing to Denuvo at the time was actually due to the game's poorly-optimised water shaders.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So what OT subtitles y'all got for the Summer Sale? One I've got
Steam Summer Sale 2018 |OT| The Messi of PC Gaming Sales

It's entirely up to the developer. You can choose to have the default launcher or you have to implement a graphics options menu yourself.

I know that quite a few Unity games have issues with garbage collection at unwanted times. But, AFAIK, if you pool your resources and try to properly manage your resources, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, they've made some recent improvements that allow for some pretty impressive stuff:

I've yet to look into how the job system actually works under the hood.

Will give it a watch, thanks.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here play Hakoniwa Explorer Plus?

Looks fun...

I don't typically game on PC because I find it uncomfortable and inconvenient, but I do envy a lot of the games that aren't on consoles. I have a mid-range laptop but I feel like shit never works like it's supposed to. I don't like using K&M but I also get frustrated by the lack of native controller support in a lot of games. I guess I should buy an XBOX controller.

!! Actually !! I do have a Magic NS adapter for Switch that says it work with Windows, too. Does anyone have any experience using it on PC with a Dualshock 4 or Wii U Pro controller?

Nov 6, 2017

Never heard such a thing happening. Maybe there was something else in the background eating away your resources while you were online like a firewall, antivirus or worse, spywares/mining/etc.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I have to put Vampyr on my wishlist now.
I really liked Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird to see Yakuza 0 in my steam library. I'm already imagining the entire franchise neatly lined up in my library. That will be a glorious day indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.