• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Wolfy2 is kinda facinating in how much of a misfire it is as a shooter. I won't say it's a good time, but if you're anything like me you'll walk away from it having a higher appreciation for other first-person games that get the little stuff right.

I just need something more linear before I jump back to open-world games (probably Far Cry 5).

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I have watched a video where it was mentioned that enemies are levelling with you, more or less. If you return to earlier sections enemies are replaced with harder variants according to your level.

I mean, I'm shocked the game has leveling at all. I'll have to read up on it, but I'm imagining like, killing enemies for XP to fill a little bar to get the +4% damage stat bonus. Possibly sordid details like numbers flying out of enemies when you shoot them. If it's just a skill tree kind of thing then no big deal. The fewer RPG stat elements in an FPS the better. Maybe it will work like any other shooter worth playing and there will be no reason to go back to earlier levels anyway so it won't be a big deal.

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'm shocked the game has leveling at all. I'll have to read up on it, but I'm imagining like, killing enemies for XP to fill a little bar to get the +4% damage stat bonus. Possibly sordid details like numbers flying out of enemies when you shoot them. If it's just a skill tree kind of thing then no big deal. The fewer RPG stat elements in an FPS the better. Maybe it will work like any other shooter worth playing and there will be no reason to go back to earlier levels anyway so it won't be a big deal.

You have to visit earlier maps/sections/areas because of missions.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had no idea about this either and am rather concerned :/

PLEASE for the love of God don't say missions are level gated.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
RAGE 2? Are there any obligatory races like in the first game? I HATED that part of the game.
Hah i forgot about the races in the first game. I personally enjoyed them as they were quite easy for the most part.
I sadly cant comment on main story racing mission in 2 sadly as i dont have the gsme myself :x

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Night Call appears in the list of installed games of the Xbox App, although it is not installed anymore.

I have tried to remove it by discarding the "update" (which would not start anyway), but it keeps popping back after I restart the Xbox App. So annoying!

fYrpLH1.png
7KvRG41.png

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Tizoc did Youngblood show up on Steam for you? I realized I can't get it, and 3rd party retailers are only stocking Bethesda keys...wtf.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
It's fascinating to me how 1080TI owners like me are locked away from any worthwhile purchase. Don't get me wrong. I love the card. I had one for over a year then sold it, then purchased a new CLC one a bit later for half the price and have been enjoying it tremendously.

But I'm currently upgrading my whole rig right now and I wish I could find a decent upgrade that economically speaking makes at the very least a little bit of sense. I'm not asking for the deal of the century. Just, a decent performance upgrade, priced accordingly. But the RTX 2080 is a sidegrade at best, the RTX 2080 Super is a joke of an upgrade and the RTX 2080 Ti is way too expensive, stupidly so, for the performance improvement you get. I understand the appeal of Raytracing in certain titles, but the reality (at least, for me) is that for the past year or so, you can count the original titles benefitting from it with one hand, and not a single one of them is a must have title or have must have visual improvements.

I wish I had an RTX card, but none of them makes sense financially speaking, coming from a 1080Ti. It's even worth selling my card in order to sidegrade to a 2080 or a 2080 Super. These cards cost around $1000 Canadian dollars including taxes. I could sell my 1080Ti for $650 on kijiji or Marketplace. Still, the performance improvement are so small. RTX features are just not worth $350 to me right now.

So here I am, wishing I'd have a $1000 cdn option which make sense, but there's none.

I know I'm complaining for nothing. I mean, I should be happy to have a product that is currently among the best and not having the necessity to spend another dollar lol

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They started giving one game every 2 weeks, then they started giving one game every week and now they started giving two games every week. They are trying to make people build their library. But they are still not pushing people to spend money.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's fascinating to me how 1080TI owners like me are locked away from any worthwhile purchase. Don't get me wrong. I love the card. I had one for over a year then sold it, then purchased a new CLC one a bit later for half the price and have been enjoying it tremendously.

But I'm currently upgrading my whole rig right now and I wish I could find a decent upgrade that economically speaking makes at the very least a little bit of sense. I'm not asking for the deal of the century. Just, a decent performance upgrade, priced accordingly. But the RTX 2080 is a sidegrade at best, the RTX 2080 Super is a joke of an upgrade and the RTX 2080 Ti is way too expensive, stupidly so, for the performance improvement you get. I understand the appeal of Raytracing in certain titles, but the reality (at least, for me) is that for the past year or so, you can count the original titles benefitting from it with one hand, and not a single one of them is a must have title or have must have visual improvements.

I wish I had an RTX card, but none of them makes sense financially speaking, coming from a 1080Ti. It's even worth selling my card in order to sidegrade to a 2080 or a 2080 Super. These cards cost around $1000 Canadian dollars including taxes. I could sell my 1080Ti for $650 on kijiji or Marketplace. Still, the performance improvement are so small. RTX features are just not worth $350 to me right now.

So here I am, wishing I'd have a $1000 cdn option which make sense, but there's none.

I know I'm complaining for nothing. I mean, I should be happy to have a product that is currently among the best and not having the necessity to spend another dollar lol
Holding on to my Titan Xp till next-gen series. Still solid cards for gaming.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
Ayyy. You have a new friend ! PC gamer since 10 years and I work in computer science. I didn't know about that thread.

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
I literally never heard of this movie until today and I don't know how that is. It looks ridiculous.

I won't say it's a good movie, but I will say it's an entertaining movie. In a similar vein for folks of like mind, take a look at Blood of Heroes (The Salute of the Jugger) and Wedlock (Deadlock), movies so good entertaining they have two titles.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I won't say it's a good movie, but I will say it's an entertaining movie. In a similar vein for folks of like mind, take a look at Blood of Heroes (The Salute of the Jugger) and Wedlock (Deadlock), movies so good entertaining they have two titles.

Oh, Blood of Heroes is a very underrated movie.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Wok & Rhaknar I just saw this card game in case you missed it

Has nice art at least.

The art is super cute. On WeGame, the game is rated 97%. However, there are micro-transactions...

Dicey Dungeons is launching August 13th!

Finally! This one will make it on my GotY list for sure.

Last edited:

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
I beat Ashen on Xbox thanks to game pass and I liked it enough to buy it when it releases on Steam- depending on their base price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.