• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If PC Gaming Era was a football tema it would be...

• England

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Belgium

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • France

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 102 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy. ;)

A quick reminder: the following games are now available on a first come, first served basis:

HAEGEMONIA -- GB-b496a2fe-5441-4ae5-b374-95fa936f1627
EXPERIENCE 112 -- GB-1fd32d60-d823-4814-9753-4929c4e9f95d
AMERZONE -- GB-85077f01-4aee-4c77-964a-4ce489804a6d
EGYPT THE PROPHECY -- GB-6a864e26-4609-49db-8279-21236a742357
The Princess' Heart -- GB-70e0f607-944b-41e7-aa7b-94bdec0b1f97
Chainsaw Warrior -- GB-54eac7e4-1fc8-4693-9faf-e70456897358

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
So, let's see what is okay and acceptable for any audience by Steam content filters:
562EE3D7BE59E112743F50E3AC7AD985268BC0AF
CB35A54AE86D6F4E4CD5AD886A3B5EF3DF3ECB8D
E1BE4D679C6D47D12B48B3C3FF7F19C5C49016B8
AC4D1CA396F1B61D5E79C6E8FA8438B2FED20085
19659CA5E586CEA2A330CA9BD7552199ECD4851C
BA888CF807B2ADFCABDB505D0D1196EEF8799FFB
503D32719A15C229F5F933B4B816B07E11702A30

What is not okay and highly NSFW by Steam content filters:

Also, explosions and blood from Pillars of Eternity 2 are unacceptable as well.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Blood Ties DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider (Croft Manor one) and man did i miss Croft Manor. It is another short DLC focused on background story of Croft family. But because it is exploration focused it was nice change of pace.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I might fire up Rice of Tom Braider once Shampoo releases. I don't think I'll be getting that one day 1 outside of a price error, but I would start it right after Darksiders 2 in preperation for DS3.

Oct 27, 2017
DD Neon has a wonderful sountrack though, and I decided to buy it off Bandcamp
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon
Yeah, it's a very catchy soundtrack, especially for those like me who enjoy 80's synth-pop.

It's awesome to kick ass while listening to that City Streets 2 track. ;)

As for the controls issue you mentioned, I also found them awkward when I started playing, but by the end, I was pulling moves left and right.
All in all, I found it to be a very enjoyable game, could have been better, but considering most modern beat 'em ups around, I guess I can't complain too much.

What did you think of Fight'N Rage?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?
neNiNn3.png

That's almost USD 7.50 but that's not a digital code right?

Depending on what app is throwing this can mean a lot of different things. See if you can find what process is crashing with this in Event Viewer as suggested by the other poster. If it's a Windows process, I'd probably recommend running DISM or SFC to see if system files are damaged or running memtest86 (rare that it could be bad RAM, but if you start seeing this on a lot of processes it's possible to have bad sectors).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
DuckTales remastered is kicking my butt on Normal :V
Himalayas would be much easier without those danged goats.
Yeah, it's a very catchy soundtrack, especially for those like me who enjoy 80's synth-pop.

It's awesome to kick ass while listening to that City Streets 2 track. ;)

As for the controls issue you mentioned, I also found them awkward when I started playing, but by the end, I was pulling moves left and right.
All in all, I found it to be a very enjoyable game, could have been better, but considering most modern beat 'em ups around, I guess I can't complain too much.

What did you think of Fight'N Rage?
I liked it, but I didn't get too deep in its mechanics. I like its fast pace too.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Quite bizarrely, I think the latest Steam beta version left my keyboard barely functional, with repeating keys and not reading some key inputs. Rolling back to a non-beta build fixed the issue, but that was quite the strange thing. I was thinking I would have to buy a new keyboard!

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see this posted yet.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/enhancedsteam#announcements/detail/1675787121576891113

Announcing Enhanced Steam End of Life
July 20 - jshackles
Background

The Enhanced Steam project started during the Winter Sale of 2012 as a way for me to help manage my own personal growing library of Steam games. Its first feature was to simply highlight games on the Steam store that I already owned, because at the time the only way to know this was to open the game's store page and wait for it to load. It was designed to help save time when looking for deals, and it grew into a project that spanned thousands of lines of code, hundreds of features, and was translated into 26 languages.

One of my most proud accomplishments is that Enhanced Steam has had such a huge outpouring of support from fans – including those who were veterans of the gaming industry. The software has been downloaded by over six million people, all of which placed an unprecedented amount of trust in me to keep their Steam accounts safe and secure. In almost six years of administering Enhanced Steam, I have received countless offers from others to purchase distribution rights so that the new owners could sneak in advertising code or worse types of monetization and I have turned down every offer. Unfortunately, this means that Enhanced Steam has never turned a profit. The API servers have been able to stay online thanks to generous user donations and the monthly support from our Patreon pledges.

Recently, Valve has started paying attention to and has been updating the Steam storefront with regular new features and updates based on user feedback. Some of these features they've re-engineered based on popular Enhanced Steam features: highlighting games, displaying account totals, adding games to your cart from the wishlist, showing your wallet balance on every page, an empty cart button, and many more. In fact, Enhanced Steam 1.0's original set of features from 2012 have been completely adopted by Valve and are now available for all Steam users to enjoy.

For the past year I've been working two jobs to support my family, and have still tried to devote time to updating Enhanced Steam and keeping the API servers operational. Unfortunately with Valve's recent dedication to updating their store features, this means I would need to devote much more time to the project than I am able. There are features that need to be re-engineered and bugs introduced by Valve's changes, and I simply don't have the time I would like to dedicate to effectively fill the gap that continues to widen.

With all of these factors, I am today announcing Enhanced Steam's End of Life.

What does this mean?

First of all, Enhanced Steam's client code is open source, and can be forked by any interested party going forward. There are many features of Enhanced Steam that will simply continue working: things like calculating market totals, interface tweaks such as homepage customization, 3rd party DRM warnings, and more. Caveat being these things will continue to function normally assuming Valve doesn't make significant changes to the pages these features are running on.

Shortly I'll be releasing Enhanced Steam version 9.9 which will include changes that have been worked on over the past few months. It will contain bugs that will go unpatched, and will also include a link to this announcement. This will be the last official full release of Enhanced Steam.

The Enhanced Steam API servers will be discontinued on January 31st, 2019. Shortly before that happens, the server-side code (minus sensitive information such as API keys) will be released as open-source on Github. At that time, the Patreon campaign that supports Enhanced Steam will be taken down.

Also shortly before the January 31st deadline, a "stripped down" version of the client that performs only local (non-server) functions will be pushed out to Google Chrome and Firefox users that have installed the extension from those official repositories so that they can continue to function without getting server-related errors. Unfortunately this means they will also loose a substantial amount of functionality. Over the next six months, I will be reaching out to our 3rd party data providers to help ease this transition.

This will allow everyone to continue to enjoy Enhanced Steam through the end of this year's Winter Sale and will also mark six years that the project has been active.

Final Thoughts

Again – I've been completely blown away by the support of Enhanced Steam's users over the years. This isn't a plea for people to donate more money or a push to get more Patreon subscribers, I simply don't have the time to properly devote to the project any longer. I would prefer to do things this way rather than to sell out to a corporation who would try to exploit its users for a profit.

In the future, I would suggest users be overly-cautious of Enhanced Steam alternatives that will inevitably pop up – other similar extensions already have code that could hugely compromise it's users Steam account security or general browser privacy. Be careful of which extensions you run, and make sure they're from sources you trust to safeguard your information.

Finally, a special thanks to Valve and the wonderful people I've met there over the years thanks to Enhanced Steam. Thank you again to Enhanced Steam's users for the trust you have placed in me and your notes of encouragement and donations over these past almost 6 years.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
It was posted on the last page IIRC. Anyway, it seems it's ending for a very good reason so many thanks jshackles for the tool and I hope that someone will follow your steps and keep working on it.
LOL damn it. I did search the forum for 'enhanced steam' and nothing for this thread came up, but I should have manually browsed the last couple pages.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This has happened recently to GOG Galaxy and Nvidia Geforce Experience and I don't know how to fix it. It was happening to Spotify too until I turned off hardware acceleration in the client options.

5TCt0np.jpg

gXO4Ns6.png

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
From the time I have spent with it so far, yes.

Anime cliche's everywhere, but the gameplay so far is very solid.
Let me try to guess a few:
1000 year old dragons, looking like 8-year-olds? Two characters that grew up as siblings, and just conveniently happen to be not blood-related? Everyone being younger than 15 (and everyone older being treated like an adult/senior)? No female character wearing pants?

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Enhanced Steam will be missed. Jshackles was doing amazing work. I just hope someone is kind enough to continue to support it.

Oct 28, 2017

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Let me try to guess a few:
1000 year old dragons, looking like 8-year-olds? Two characters that grew up as siblings, and just conveniently happen to be not blood-related? Everyone being younger than 15 (and everyone older being treated like an adult/senior)? No female character wearing pants?
No, No, Kinda, Yes

EDIT: Oops

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of it, I got a Xbox One S + Sunset Overdrive today. After an hour game seems great. Hope for a PC version, too, because I need better framerate and fov.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Sunset Overdrive comes, it will likely stay on the Windows Store. Kinda kills any interest I could have in it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Agree, it's the best DLC for RotTR.
E95DE073DFD6DB7BEB68854E449A8F3130682305

4EBA5C0B0876473A0B59EA37C9DFD2652BC2DC7A

2EBE676CC20FEFAEA0BCF787CC5B490830825B08

F0BAA6725E93B6320760EDAE93988CC6B34982E3

I can't say that Baba Yaga was bad DLC but it was short and more of the same more-less. Blood Ties had interesting story with some of the great callbacks to other TR games. And once again they teased dual pistols they they refuse to add to the games. But overall it was nice to take your time and explore and not run from explosions and falling buildings :D

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
F56024412F6661F38833E7EF16F286E25F5D0838

This is much better.
Man, this game holds up so well, and not just visually, it's a fantastic game through and through. The Zodiac Age version cements it as one of the best jrpgs for me.
Is there a mod for the original or better uprezzed textures? I find the cheap uprezz job Square did to them to be very distracting.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
This has happened recently to GOG Galaxy and Nvidia Geforce Experience and I don't know how to fix it. It was happening to Spotify too until I turned off hardware acceleration in the client options.

5TCt0np.jpg

gXO4Ns6.png

Looks like your GPU is dying.

+1

It happened to me once on a brand new PC and I returned it for another one.

VfvpsSd.png

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3134933/green-dots-screen.html

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-screen/dbf5f203-3f6b-4a6d-ba7f-9112ffaa4b4e

etc.

Update the GPU driver just in case.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I am now at 74 completed games this year. I can see getting 100 by year's end very feasabile and doable.
I really should get back to playing JW Evolution, Crew 2 and Steep though @_@

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations! You're getting a new GPU!

Try cleaning your system first (with compressed air), though, to rule out overheating.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a mod for the original or better uprezzed textures? I find the cheap uprezz job Square did to them to be very distracting.
Afraid not.

To do better than them, you'd need complete texture replacement for all environmental objects. That's a lot of work, which cannot be done piecemeal without looking awful.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Done with Gameplay Time Tracker, it can fuck right off.

This is the third time it's deleted all my statistics. Fuck this.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Done with Gameplay Time Tracker, it can fuck right off.

This is the third time it's deleted all my statistics. Fuck this.
Happened to me once, when I started to use the tool.
I made sure to a) always close the program before turning off computer and b) set up the backup of database to take place every 5 hours and hadn't had any issues since.

Check c:\ProgramData\Gameplay Time Tracker\UserData\Profiles\YourName\Backup directory just in case.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me once, when I started to use the tool.
I made sure to a) always close the program before turning off computer and b) set up the backup of database to take place every 5 hours and hadn't had any issues since.

Check c:\ProgramData\Gameplay Time Tracker\UserData\Profiles\YourName\Backup directory just in case.
I did, tried moving the backups etc but still wouldn't work.

Uninstalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.