• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, is there a way of working out whether Just Cause 3 still has Denuvo on it? It used to say it did on the Steam store page but they removed that notification. However, pcgamingwiki and other online sources still say it has it, and I can't find anything about it being removed. I'm trying to decide whether to activate my new HB copy myself or give it away if it still has the big D.
Just Cause 3 EULA still mentions Denuvo so on top what you said odds are the D remains.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I am curious if the low pre order sales would force bethy's hand to just go onto offering either a steam key or bethy key over the next couple of months.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So some people still can't download Ashen from Epic Store and their support is it answering and developers and publishers have no way to post public statement on actual store.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For anyone gaming on their TV via HDMI, what's the best display setting to use? Extend, Duplicate or Only Show On?

Extend only launches the game on my monitor and Duplicate doesn't let me turn off the monitor or the TV image freezes. The problem with Only Show On is that the image is cropped even though I scale the resolution up to 4K. That and it's pretty cumbersome to set resolutions and launch games from my desk 15 feet away from my TV.

Anyone care to illuminate me?

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone gaming on their TV via HDMI, what's the best display setting to use? Extend, Duplicate or Only Show On?

Extend only launches the game on my monitor and Duplicate doesn't let me turn off the monitor or the TV image freezes. The problem with Only Show On is that the image is cropped even though I scale the resolution up to 4K. That and it's pretty cumbersome to set resolutions and launch games from my desk 15 feet away from my TV.

Anyone care to illuminate me?

Not 100% sure because you didn't post your TV model but it sounds like problem with TV going into overscan mode. Try disabling it on TV or changing display mode. You can also try some of these tweaks if you can't find overscan option on your TV https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-overscan-on-tv/

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm very curious to see if Jim Sterling is going to criticize this moneyhatting bullshit.

Yes please, I hope he does! Someone should tweet him to do so.

So some people still can't download Ashen from Epic Store and their support is it answering and developers and publishers have no way to post public statement on actual store.

Funny thing is that lots of people are using the Steam forums to look for help. But hey, we have competition now, right? ;)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I still think that Jim is an idiot and he is only capable of creating badly researched videos shaped up to his angry vision of the industry. So I don't want him to talk about this whole launchers/stores thing.

I am just sad that we will never know how numbers will look like for those Epic Store timed exclusives. I would really want to know if launching on Epic Store actually helped developers.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Wasn't Sterling one of the main advocates for a curated store because Steam sucks yadda yadda? I wouldn't expect much from his video.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but is a different Edition (e.g. Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition) considered an "add-on"?

You can usually recreate all the content of the special/limited edition by buying all of the dlc (pretty sure this is the case for Horizon - I got the parts I wanted but didn't buy the car packs, for example) However, if there is no package of DLC that accomplishes that, your only option is to buy the game.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Just Cause 3 EULA still mentions Denuvo so on top what you said odds are the D remains.

Yeah, it's still there:

jc3denuvoosipd.jpg

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Games continue to be linked in this thread without Australian prices attached to them. How long is it going to take for developers to fix this problem?
Ironically I can probably buy them from a key reseller but NOT from Steam.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Games continue to be linked in this thread without Australian prices attached to them. How long is it going to take for developers to fix this problem?
Ironically I can probably buy them from a key reseller but NOT from Steam.

Silly you, you don't want developers to care about you, you just need to care about developers.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest this whole Epic thing just showed me how much this forum cares and knows about PC. And it showed especially what stance admins and mods have regarding it. I have feeling that PC Thread is tolerated more-less just because it is one of the most popular community threads. And for a place that complains a lot about Steam forums moderation issues, it sure does little to show that they are better.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks for the heads-up for European. Does Voidu have regional difference? Its store is really lackluster here (Asia), and I can't even find ToV on it.
EU regions will get discounts that don't appear in other ergions. If I go now to Voidu I'll see a large bunch of games without discounts. But if I use a VPN to switch to an EU country, I'll see discounts on those games.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So apparently Persona 5 might be coming to Switch, which I guess would be the first mainline Persona game placed on a non-Sony platform.

... but will Atlus (JP) dip their toe into the PC waters as well? Let's hope SEGA forces them.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Apparently, despite lacking even the basic features, even Bethesda manages to be more customer-friendly than Epic by allowing their games to be sold on authorized third party stores. The irony.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Apparently, despite lacking even the basic features, even Bethesda manages to be more customer-friendly than Epic by allowing their games to be sold on authorized third party stores. The irony.

Did Epic say they won't allow that or is it just one of hundreds of features they didn't have time to implement while working on it for years.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fear that I will soon have to be pleased by news where I read that a PC game is coming to the Steam store.

Fuck you Epic.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

And that's only way I could ever support Bethesda launcher. Just need to wait for GOTY edition cuz they never discount DLCs.

Did Epic say they won't allow that or is it just one of hundreds of features they didn't have time to implement while working on it for years.

They haven't specifically said but they said they'll "fund" games to be Epic Store Exclusives.
Epic also said that they don't want there to be sales just "exposure", so that's another point against keys.
So any changes are very slim.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Persona 5 might be coming to Switch, which I guess would be the first mainline Persona game placed on a non-Sony platform.

... but will Atlus (JP) dip their toe into the PC waters as well? Let's hope SEGA forces them.
I still can't believe how successful third-party games can skip PC completely in this day and age. Being a Switch owner, I am cautiously optimistic towards the rumor. But it will be even better if they can come to all platforms so that more people can play them.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
There has been a lot talk about launcher exclusivity etc and there is one thing that I cant quite make out.

So the 88/12 split of the Epic launcher is something that is being heralded as being revolutionary etc. But im not understanding how the 88% is better than say, selling Steam keys through your own site?

So what I am ultimately asking is what is the incentive for giving away 12% when you could not to? Couldnt you sell games through Epic launcher while selling Steam keys through your own web site? And wouldnt those Steam keys be more profitable?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There has been a lot talk about launcher exclusivity etc and there is one thing that I cant quite make out.

So the 88/12 split of the Epic launcher is somethimg that is being heralded as being revomutionary etc. But m not understanding how the 88% is better than say, selling Steam keys through your own site?

So what I am ultimately asking is what is the incentive for giving away 12% when you could not to? Couldnt you sell games through Epic launcher while selling Steam keys through your own web site for example?

Well, the incentive there is that very few people sell through their own site. Getting people to your site period would be a huge challenge. Only the hardest of the hardcore and the super dealseekers would ever do it.

Maybe if you're like a high profile person with low overhead. Like I think Terry Cavanaugh is doing that, sort of.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
The real

So the 88/12 split of the Epic launcher is something that is being heralded as being revolutionary etc. But im not understanding how the 88% is better than say, selling Steam keys through your own site?

So what I am ultimately asking is what is the incentive for giving away 12% when you could not to? Couldnt you sell games through Epic launcher while selling Steam keys through your own web site? And wouldnt those Steam keys be more profitable?
The reality is that most users won't bother looking at other sites and only buy through Steam. There's also the fact that you can't get a refund from a third party site.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Yea but, the bethesda store has no refund policy.
Epic on the other hand allows TWO FULL REFUNDS for the rest of your life!
That means i could refund one game today and another one in my fifties!

Atlus has a good relationship with nintendo so i wouldn't read anything into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.