Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need me some quintessential PC FPS recommendations, peeps.

Just so you know what I'm looking for:

I'm getting hyped for Witchfire. I fucking LOOOVED DOOM and BLOOD back in the day. Currently thinking about getting Painkiller and Bulletstorm Full Clip. Also thought about Shadow Warrior and Serious Sam for some wacky shit.

Love me some atmosphere too. F.E.A.R. was my shit for the longest time. Never got to play 2 or 3(heard it was ass)

Don't mind a bit more story and world building than straight gameplay.

Suggest away please!

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

I'm getting hyped for Witchfire. I fucking LOOOVED DOOM and BLOOD back in the day. Currently thinking about getting Painkiller and Bulletstorm Full Clip. Also thought about Shadow Warrior and Serious Sam for some wacky shit.

Love me some atmosphere too. F.E.A.R. was my shit for the longest time. Never got to play 2 or 3(heard it was ass)

Suggest away please!

Have you played any of the Bioshock games?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Suggest away please!

DUSK DUSK DUSK DUSK

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I need Steam Controller help bad

I've set up my left trigger to hold an action layer and send the trigger to the game (blade mode for MGR). However the trigger immediately releases. If I set the left trigger inside the action layer to send left trigger to the game, IT WON'T LEAVE THE ACTION LAYER.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING HELP

Try setting the trigger to digital mode instead of analog.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018

Suggest away please!

Definitely get Painkiller. The "Black Edition" to be specific, ignore the sequels and remake. It's my favorite of the Serious Sam series-of-arenas formula FPS games. Nothing fancy, just weapon/level/enemy design all very much on point.

Overload is great. It's Descent 4 by another name, from some of the original Descent devs.

Give Amid Evil a look too, it's a modern Heretic.

Also if you don't know how sick Doom and Quake modding have gotten: they're very sick. The current hot thing is Eviternity.

Dark horse non-retro-style pick: Singularity. Famous case of development hell, tried to hop the BioShock bandwagon, but the end product was a very silly piece of sci-fi-horror cheese with weird overpowered guns and time powers. Once you get past the slow, survival-horror-ish intro it's the next-best thing to a good FEAR sequel.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely get Painkiller. The "Black Edition" to be specific, ignore the sequels and remake. It's my favorite of the Serious Sam series-of-arenas formula FPS games. Nothing fancy, just weapon/level/enemy design all very much on point.

Overload is great. It's Descent 4 by another name, from some of the original Descent devs.

Give Amid Evil a look too, it's a modern Heretic.

Also if you don't know how sick Doom and Quake modding have gotten: they're very sick. The current hot thing is Eviternity.

Dark horse non-retro-style pick: Singularity. Famous case of development hell, tried to hop the BioShock bandwagon, but the end product was a very silly piece of sci-fi-horror cheese with weird overpowered guns and time powers. Once you get past the slow, survival-horror-ish intro it's the next-best thing to a good FEAR sequel.

You're saying all the right names. Heretic... that takes me back.

Singularity! For some reason I got that one mixed with Timeshift. They both ran like shit on PS3.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
what do you guys recommend from these games:

1- Divinity 2
2-Hitman 2
3- Thronebreaker

Divinity 2 is one of the best games of recent years. Hitman 2 is also very good but if I was to play a single game, it would be Divinity 2 all the way. Hitman 2 feels more like a side dish, something to play alongside other games.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom still cant deliver events in MHW on PC at the same time with console release.

I guess that big expansion will be 2020. release for PC then.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
FWIW they say it's a mistake and it's going to be fixed:

Might be worth watching for this kind of stuff across all regions, if they're not fully checking for price parity on list prices.

What the fuck? From what I've seen in his response under this tweet, he changed russian regional price within 5 minutes and then when it was still the same, he said "dammit, it usually takes 5-6 seconds to update the prices, it should be fine now".

I highly doubt he contacted with the devs before all those price changes. But I guess, since SMB is free devs don't care how much it will be priced after the giveaway?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? From what I've seen in his response under this tweet, he changed russian regional price within 5 minutes and then when it was still the same, he said "dammit, it usually takes 5-6 seconds to update the prices, it should be fine now".

I highly doubt he contacted with the devs before all those price changes. But I guess, since SMB is free devs don't care how much it will be priced after the giveaway?

That is, in a subpar store with less than 30 games.
People tell us to wait until it gets better. What a bunch of idiots.
The store is fucked up. The launcher is fucked up. The priced are fucked up. Fuck this noise.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I would not be surprised if their developer contract contained language saying that developers agree to price parity with other stores for their games.

Or perhaps another explanation is that Epic did not fully think through these issues prior to launching their store, and do in fact not have policies and procedures in place to manage this stuff.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
SMB base price is still 1 euro more on Epic Store.

Also Team Meat is trying a bit hard to make some things happen

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Judging by the amount of reviews on Steam 428 didn't sell all that well. Shame, it's one of the very few VNs that I think never dragged and is interesting to read from start to finish, plus, one of the very few there translators actually worked their asses off to adapt it in a way that makes prose itself sound good.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Any impressions on this actually?

Seemed like it has it's 15 seconds of fame with the trailer and then was forgotten :/

I'm just reporting what a friend told me so I can't really elaborate on that but he said he had a lot of fun with the game but it's also pretty linear and once finished there's no reason to come back to do other stuff like beating high scores, finding secrets, and things like that.

I think this might be good or bad depending on your preferences. I think I might like that.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the amount of reviews on Steam 428 didn't sell all that well. Shame, it's one of the very few VNs that I think never dragged and is interesting to read from start to finish, plus, one of the very few there translators actually worked their asses off to adapt it in a way that makes prose itself sound good.

It's a shame but it came out at a very busy month and was arguably priced too high :(

Killer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played the others, but Divinity 2 is one of the best games I've ever played
Divinity 2 is one of the best games of recent years. Hitman 2 is also very good but if I was to play a single game, it would be Divinity 2 all the way. Hitman 2 feels more like a side dish, something to play alongside other games.
BUY HITMAN 2 YOU BASTARDS

(that goes for everyone btw)

Thanks for the replies!So it's between Hitman2 and Divinity 2 now. Both reasonably priced in my region but i only have time for one. Might go for D2.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies!So it's between Hitman2 and Divinity 2 now. Both reasonably priced in my region but i only have time for one. Might go for D2.
If you like RPGs at all, I'd go with DOS2. Aside from how good it is mechanically, it is also a one-of-a-kind roleplaying experience.

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on this actually?

Seemed like it has it's 15 seconds of fame with the trailer and then was forgotten :/

I got a refund for it. It's nothing like oldschool shooter. No quicksave, no manual load/save, no checkpoints in the maps, tacked on RPG light elements, no verticality in the maps, often unfair placed enemies, etc. Also, they have removed head bobbing completely, no option to enable it. I liked the head bobbing. :(

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017

I'm interested in it, but the price was a bit too much for me personally.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As much as I would like to get Steamworld Dig 2 for $4 at wingamestore with instore credit, that game has humble bundle written all over it sadly.
I think I'll spend it on getting DLC for games I have.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Decent action and a story less tiresome than the previous ones?

There is kinda less action than in previous games. Game is more exploration based, and tombs are bit more bigger and complex than in previous entries. Story is not any worse than in previous games. That is how i see SotTR so if you are in for more exploration and enjoying great environments go for it.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Decent action and a story less tiresome than the previous ones?
From my experience, there is a very little action, it's okay but gunfights are very rare. It more focused on exploration and simple puzzle tombs. Didn't bother with story much, but maybe that's because of the fact that I enter photomode almost every second of cutscenes so I can't follow much what's going on.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

Suggest away please!
Shadow Warrior 2013 is really great. The plot wasn't quite what I was expecting from the dialogue writing. SW2 on the other hand... unless you have friends interested, probably best to avoid.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is Shadow of the Tomb Raider worth playing?
Try the demo. It's quite generous.

1 Intro story driven section.
1 exploration tomb section with puzzles
1 combat/stealth section
1 escape sequence section

I quit during the last section as it was getting too late, but the demo hadn't ended yet (although I assume it ends soon after that).

Should be more than enough to let you know if you'll enjoy the game. I found it far more enjoyable than I thought I would, but I liked TR2013 and skipped Rise (tried it for a couple of hours but didn't get into it)... I could see it being too similar if you played the first two, or not TR enough if you didn't like 2013, etc...

But the demo is free, and generous, so definitely try it.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After reading a ton of stuff yesterday from articles to ERA comments and threads to Reddit comments to YT videos, I just ordered myself a Rift.

Why? Because the original Rift price is a lot cheaper than the VIVE, plus I don't want to spend more money on the VIVE deluxe headset strap, plus I got a 10%% referral code for the Rift + Touch bundle from someone on Reddit, plus the Steam kunckles, if they are sold by Valve, will never arrive in my country just like all other Valve hardware and accessory anyways.

I have no idea why Valve stuff like the controller, the link and so on does not exist in Norway, but they don't for whatever reason.

My main reason for the Rift is simply just to play my Steam games and the Oculus exclusive games.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
There's something amusing about the amount of care over the exact pricing being slashed out over the free release period on Super Meat Boy during the past couple pages.

I'm really going in on Yakuza 0's side stuff at the moment, it's all pretty goofy and fun but I could see some people getting rubbed the wrong way with a few things in particular. Kiryu is one shallow jerk. Whenever he sets up a date at the telephone club and goes to meet, if his date isn't a JAV actress he's always put off and acts like he's been scarred for life after.

Status
Not open for further replies.