Not open for further replies.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
Happy Steam Sale Eve, everyone!

That would explain Tidelands.
I legit just watched this on NetFlix.

It's developers are scam artists

How so? What exactly did they not deliver on?

but I guess they really wanted to stay in the industry so they buckled down with all the cash they got to "fix" their game.

I'm confused. Did they or did not not update the game?

They knowingly lied about the game before release. Which is a fact no matter how people want to twist it

Besides almost everything that they promised now being in the game, there's more evidence of Sony pushing it out two years early and then royally fucking them over in the eyes of the media than Sean Murray wringing his hands whilst hunched over a blazing fire in a darkened room.

Murray and every single person who works there and didn't speak out before release are horrible people.

1) Are one of those people that blamed Telltale staff for getting fired?
2) You're acting like this is the first game to get released early.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
What the fuck is wrong with Australia, JaseC BAN PUNCHER
Detroit won RPG game of the Year, Forza 4 won Fighting game of the year awards...

ponting1_1.JPG

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, Falcom probably look at the numbers of units sold between PS4 and Switch and consider it a profitable venture, despite Ys VIII PC probably selling less on PC than Cold Steel releases combined.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I'm not confident Kondo is actually caring about the state of the Ys VIII PC port despite the news of its less than stellar localisation and general drama thereof was being picked up by Japanese media.

Edit: Case in point:

NISA porting the game to Switch and thus making some nice profits from it probly made the issues the PC issue had go the backside. It's a shame because the PC version still isn't up to par on what it should be and it sounds like another Falcom/NISA partnership could come to fruition.

Line

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ys 8 was not a very good port by NISA, and multiple last minute delays is just crazy.
But the game was great, and despite a couple of bugs here and there (like the disco forest), it ran very well and was fine. Not great, but fine.

Ys: Memories of Celceta by Xseed?
I can't finish it to this day.
Sure, uncapped framerate and arbitrary resolutions are great... when it works and doesn't break everything.
The resolution is still utterly broken and seems to be stuck in a sub 1080p mess, the AA doesn't work, some options will create ghosting of the characters (and then it will fix itself, until the next time the game boots that is), the sound mix resets itself, and the characters will get stuck during cut scenes and force a reboot/option fiddling... all the time.
Nothing short of appalling.

Yeah, I can't say that I like NISA, and Xseed did a fantastic job translating games but the absolute mess that Ys 7 and Celceta were released in, and worse, left to rot in?
I'll gladly take NISA over them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've been saying that Australia is a cesspool hellpit for years, nobody listened to me.

You get what you deserve.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
That funny thread about Devolver offering to publish RDR2 on PC has resurfaced with some rumors of it coming soon - is it safe to says that its likely to have a load of fancy RTX type implementation? Might tempt me into getting a new GPU.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Shadow Warrior 2 is cool but the biggest thing that annoys me with it is that I can't click text boxes to confirm a selection when finishing missions, but instead I have to press Enter

Fuck off

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So my cpu and heatshink is installed on my mobo.

I have 2 sticks of ram in the 2nd and 4th slot.

My PSU powers on with the tester attached to the end of the cable.

When I attach the cable to the mobo, it won't power on.

There are two CPU power slots, a 6 and 4 pin.
- The 6 pin is labelled CPU power 1.
- The 4 pin is labelled CPU power 2.

I've tried:

1. PSU to mobo and CPU power 1 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
2. PSU to mobo and CPU power 2 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
3. PSU to mobo with CPU power 1 + 2 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
4. All of the above with just CPU installed (all ram removed) - PSU won't power up

My board is an MSI x470 gaming pro
My PSU is a EVGA 750 G3

Any ideas?

Took everything out and put it back and it's working, lol. Crisis averted for now. :p

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So my cpu and heatshink is installed on my mobo.

I have 2 sticks of ram in the 2nd and 4th slot.

My PSU powers on with the tester attached to the end of the cable.

When I attach the cable to the mobo, it won't power on.

There are two CPU power slots, a 6 and 4 pin.
- The 6 pin is labelled CPU power 1.
- The 4 pin is labelled CPU power 2.

I've tried:

1. PSU to mobo and CPU power 1 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
2. PSU to mobo and CPU power 2 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
3. PSU to mobo with CPU power 1 + 2 with CPU and RAM installed - PSU won't power up
4. All of the above with just CPU installed (all ram removed) - PSU won't power up

My board is an MSI x470 gaming pro
My PSU is a EVGA 750 G3

Any ideas?

No ideas, but going over this might help:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
nothing in this world as exciting as the stress of putting expensive new shit on your computer and watching it not work

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that all future Falcom games will have to come from NISA or other non-XSEED translators. Falcom always had great character writing especially. The plots were so-so, but you could always tell the game wanted to make the characters feel alive. I fear that's gonna suffer a lot if a less talented translation team is getting its hand on these games.
I just fear it might leave a BIG HOLE in my appreciation of them.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Lol. I've not been this stressed in ages. Just had a half a cigarette to calm my nerves and I very rarely smoke.

CPU and ram is in and everything is working... now for the rest...

It is massively satisfying when it all comes together though. That first successful power up.

What will be your first game you try out on the new system?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
nothing in this world as exciting as the stress of putting expensive new shit on your computer and watching it not work

With my new build this summer I got a new 4K monitor

Took 2 hours to breakdown my old set up and put up the new monitor
Turn on the monitor
Big red line right down the middle of the monitor

Also I got the Ryzen 2600 and a mobo that wasn't updated to use it like it was supposed to

FUN TIMES

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Has anyone tried to downsample Darksiders Warmastered suing NVidia Inspector? I wanna try going SSGSS AAx2 at least.

Also what options should I fiddle with steam controller config so this danged game's camera rotates at proper speed.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I played some Dauntless and... I just don't understand those games.
Kill the same thing over and over again so you are able to kill the next thing over and over again...

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
With my new build this summer I got a new 4K monitor

Took 2 hours to breakdown my old set up and put up the new monitor
Turn on the monitor
Big red line right down the middle of the monitor

Also I got the Ryzen 2600 and a mobo that wasn't updated to use it like it was supposed to

FUN TIMES

But why do you need all of that. You only believe in 15 FPS. :P

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i'll also add that every time i install something it doesn't work and i end up yelling at someone and it turns out it was some stupid thing like cable not being plugged in hard enough and that's why i hate computers

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I've just noticed that, for the last few weeks, I never had to confirm a marketplace posting on my phone when selling my cards... Is that new?

Status
Not open for further replies.