• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this was your reaction:

1578.jpg

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Does this have a ton of FMV or something? Might be a bunch of encoded 4k cutscenes.
Let's be honest: almost no one is gonna play AoK DE in 4K

The in-game description says it "enhances graphics for objects at all zoom levels". I haven't mucked around with the campaign preview yet, but I presume this means the higher the zoom level, the greater the level of detail. That'd certainly explain the 137% bump in install size.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The in-game description says it "enhances graphics for objects at all zoom levels". I haven't mucked around with the campaign preview yet, but I presume this means the higher the zoom level, the greater the level of detail. That'd certainly explain the 137% bump in install size.
I hope that the units are gonna be unique enough to distinguish w/o having to zoom. Some of those E3 screenshots looked fairly... messy.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know if this is the thread for it but I am finally going to buy a gaming PC but I am looking for one $500 or less. Looking for some advice on parts as I don't plan on getting them all at once just looking to have everything by the end of this year.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I wonder how big the new scenario/campaign files will be.
I basically only play custom campaigns and scenarios, and there's be a converter so that I can play old legacy stuff (like what's on AoK Heaven, as well as the Workshop stuff) in DE.
That alone + the new civs and campaigns is worth the $15 for me.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if this is the thread for it but I am finally going to buy a gaming PC but I am looking for one $500 or less. Looking for some advice on parts as I don't plan on getting them all at once just looking to have everything by the end of this year.

Check here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pc-builders-thread-i-need-a-new-pc-v2.61531/

Just drop your budget and details of what you need and you'll get advice.

Also, don't forget that you might be able to find great deals around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, saving more or getting better parts for the same money.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
9 hours in and barely started on chapter 1 in legend of heroes Tits FC

Loving it so far

Way way way better than the garghav trilogy on psp

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Arkham Oranges...

Just beat the first Bane fight. Jebus that took me a few goes. I just couldn't seem to dodge out of the way when he runs at you.

Anyhoo got passed it and watched the cutscene with the Joker talking to Harley and then going all trippy.

I've forgotten loads of this game so its great going back through it. Good game. I like the Christmas setting.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Arkham Oranges...

Just beat the first Bane fight. Jebus that took me a few goes. I just couldn't seem to dodge out of the way when he runs at you.

Anyhoo got passed it and watched the cutscene with the Joker talking to Harley and then going all trippy.

I've forgotten loads of this game so its great going back through it. Good game. I like the Christmas setting.

Autocorrect or is this a follow up from another post that had the same thing 😂

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Arkham Oranges...

Yeah the dodge command is really not good in this game IMO; Direction+tap a button twice. When I recall the other action games I played, the dodge command was simply one button (worse case scenario it is linked to the block button @o@).

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Autocorrect or is this a follow up from another post that had the same thing 😂

Just complying with the OP...

Yeah the dodge command is really not good in this game IMO; Direction+tap a button twice. When I recall the other action games I played, the dodge command was simply one button (worse case scenario it is linked to the block button @o@).

Its like he was a homing missile. I'd dodge and then he would just alter his path mid-dodge and zero in on me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Damn DuckTales is ruthless, you reached boss at the end of level and you are out of lives? Just do the level from the start XD I don;t miss old games at all, long live checkpoints!!! XD

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Damn DuckTales is ruthless, you reached boss at the end of level and you are out of lives? Just do the level from the start XD I don;t miss old games at all, long live checkpoints!!! XD
Ducktales isnt that hard dude
Just dont try to rush thru rhe stages.
Snow level is prob. The hardest so best to leave it for last.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Achievement to poggo through the entire jungle stage did cause some delicious rage. Everything else was manageable with a bit of practice thankfully

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks ramoisdead for the info:

Is there a market for people that want to stream to up to 10 friends? And that want to pay a subscription for Discord instead of ... you know, just Twitch or Mixer?

I really dont get what is Discord trying to do with this lol.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

It's not so bad once you know where to find some extra lives, but yeah, it's oldschool NES "we have to keep people from beating this game in an hour or two". difficulty.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019

Is there a market for people that want to stream to up to 10 friends? And that want to pay a subscription for Discord instead of ... you know, just Twitch or Mixer?

Yeah, it's really an odd service.

If I want to stream only to my friends, I can already do it on Steam.

Oct 28, 2017

It'll be excellent for quickly showing something to your friends. No need to set up a Twitch or Mixer account, get software working to stream, etc. The recent feature where you can already screen-share with pals is a belter.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Remember that time Discord launched a store, paid for temporary exclusivity, knee-jerkingly increased the revenue cut to 90/10 following the announcement of EGS, and then removed the store as a general feature/"channel" of the client, all in the space of less than six months?

Discord is the Google of stuff-that-isn't-chat.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Remember that time Discord launched a store, paid for temporary exclusivity, knee-jerkingly increased the revenue cut to 90/10 following the announcement of EGS, and then removed the store as a general feature/"channel" of the client, all in the space of less than six months?

Discord is the Google of stuff-that-isn't-chat.

Welcome to the multi-store world Jase!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

closer

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience with discord (im mainly in tons of fgc / character discords), there are actually a lot more nitro subscribers than id expect. Ppl love to use exclusive channel emotes, i imagine it's sort of similar when ppl suscribe on twitch (discord should let ppl subscribe to channel owners!). But yeah i feel like w/ how tight knit a lot of discord communities are it could see some use, particularly with non-steam games. And you can kind of set who you allow watching you vs. twitch (i dont think you can do this on twitch? Dunno).

I think in general i am for more private streaming where the goal isnt to get as many eyes on you as possible, or if it's ad-less, or if monetization of your content isnt a concern. Steam has it but i cant really think of any real steam communities, compared to the vast amnt of discords for like every game, like my experience with steam streaming is basically limited to my friends list.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Welcome to the multi-store world Jase!

To be fair, I don't think the idea wasn't without merit (We are popular among gamers + implementing a store = people will buy games from us isn't a fundamentally flawed equation), but as someone who used Discord solely for a particular purpose, I doubt I was the only person to see a game on the store, think "That looks interesting, except I'm just here to chat or whatever" and throw the game onto the "I'll get it when it's on a platform I actually use for gaming" pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.