Votes: 4 10.3%
  • > $2,150,000

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaporak

Banned
Jan 30, 2018
So i'm just finally wrapping up Kingmaker for the first time (tried a few times after release but it was always way too buggy so i gave up) what would be a good time for playing this one, 4-6 months after release should be enough for them to fix most of critical bugs i asume?

The beta was in a better place than kingmaker was at launch so hopefully Wotr is playable on launch. However, cRPG's are notoriously buggy because of all the player choices available. I'm personally going to wait for the first big bug patch, or first couple small hotfixes if they go that way, before playing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'll wait until I'm done with Psychonauts 2, Muramasa and Tales of Arise most likely so I'll jump in maybe 3-5 weeks later. I'm sure the most blatant bugs, if there are any indeed present, will be mostly fixed by then.

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
The WIP OT has been updated with some high level crusade information, links to guides, high level new player advice and FAQs. Please take a look and give feedback/additions if you have some time.

The new player section especially takes up quite a bit of space with a lot of text and is really geared towards people who've never rolled a die before. Is that a reasonable use of OT space? Part of me thinks not but I figured I'd write up something and then ask what people thought.

Also please keep coming up with OT names!!

Also:

Last edited:

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I keep thinking about "Indecisive" in place of "Righteous" for the OT, to account for the amount of character building options. Something like "Paths Of The Indecisive" but someone can hopefully workshop it into something catchier. 🤔

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The WIP OT has been updated with some high level crusade information, links to guides, high level new player advice and FAQs. Please take a look and give feedback/additions if you have some time.

The new player section especially takes up quite a bit of space with a lot of text and is really geared towards people who've never rolled a die before. Is that a reasonable use of OT space? Part of me thinks not but I figured I'd write up something and then ask what people thought.

Also:

Launch trailer looking great! Very well done and shows how much of a step up from the first game the visuals have leveled up.

Also

OT| The Path to GOTY Starts Here

OT| Throwing Rolls and Fighting Trolls

OT| Character Creator, The Game

OT| Pillars of Divinity

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Some more information from the latest KS updated
  • Game launches at 1800 CEST/1200 EDT/0900 PDT.

• AMA tomorrow on r/owlcatgames at 19:00/13:00/10:00

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017

Also:

Looks really good.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

Also:

Looks great. Nitpick I'd add that under Dexterity you get bonuses to AC as well (although I suppose that can be nullified by certain conditions).

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I was trying to tie the crusade and Kingmaker together for a Crusader Kings reference but I'm creatively challenged when it comes to naming anything.

The best I could do was something "Once a King, now a Crusader".

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I was trying to tie the crusade and Kingmaker together for a Crusader Kings reference but I'm creatively challenged when it comes to naming anything.

The best I could do was something "Once a King, now a Crusader".

I actually like that idea a lot.

|OT| What's a King to a Mythic Hero

Not bad. Something about Mythic in the title does seem very appropriate since it's the game's big selling point.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I'm actually super interested in knowing what class + mythic path people here are choosing. I can't for the life of me decide so perhaps I could draw some inspiration here.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the characters in the steam page supposed to be the player devil Mythic path or someone from the story?

Also hopefully the new owlcat game is based on Ruins of Azlant.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually super interested in knowing what class + mythic path people here are choosing. I can't for the life of me decide so perhaps I could draw some inspiration here.
I'm going Azata Bard but it's all for flavour. I'm not a buildcraft person though.

Last edited:

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Either scythe-wielding Proclaimer Warpriest of Calistria Trickster or scythe-wielding Two-Handed Fighter Trickster, Oni-blooded Tiefling.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I'm so damn excited to play this. I imagine I'll do at least two playthroughs immediately. It's probably going to delay my acquisition of Arise lol. Really want to do Legend and Azata.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to go Lich like I'd planned originally which will be interesting as I honestly never play evil characters. As for original class prior not sure. I may honestly look out for some builds to get some ideas.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the Eldritch Arcana modded oracle with dragon mystery (doesn't look like that's in Wrath?), so I'll probably pick hunter (azata) to try something new. Shaman, Bloodrager, Skald, and Warpriest are all of interest, though.

The trailer has me so pumped to play.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some more information from the latest KS updated
  • Game launches at 1800 CEST/1200 EDT/0900 PDT.

• AMA tomorrow on r/owlcatgames at 19:00/13:00/10:00

Is anyone going to try to participate the AMA?

I was wondering if they could possibly try to pose the question (if it hasn't come up in the past), how much voiced dialogue is in the game and do they have any plans to be fully voiced in the future if the game does well ?

Soviet

Oct 28, 2017
Is this new Pathfinder also with this timed stuff mechanic? Completely destroyed my enjoyment in the previous game.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
I imagine I'll do at least two playthroughs immediately.

I've got three main character ideas (scythe-wielding Trickster, torturer vivisectionist of Zon-Kuthon going Aeon, and full on chaotic evil Swarm-that-Walks playthrough). I'm going to do a playthrough on my (terrible) laptop now, assuming it can handle it on absolute minimum settings, and then do the other two on console when it releases.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Can anyone tell me if this game will have the same degree of difficulty customization that the first game had? I generally play cRPGs on the easiest settings and the difficulty customization in kingmaker was excellent for me.

EDIT: also, will there be gender restrictions with romances in this game like there were in Kingmaker?

OP
OP
Anno

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Can anyone tell me if this game will have the same degree of difficulty customization that the first game had? I generally play cRPGs on the easiest settings and the difficulty customization in kingmaker was excellent for me.

It does. I think there are some extra options in there over KM even. Or at least there were compared to when I last played KM.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I admit, knowing that the paths are morality locking, Azata is appealing. More friends to talk to sounds fun. That said friend is also a dragon is extra fun.

I'm avoiding spoilers, but I'll be pretty curious how much leeway you have with the alignments of certain mythic paths. Rhetorical, but like can you pick demon in your roleplay to tap into the power, while showing restraint and acting in a more neutral manner outside of combat. Doubt it, but we'll see.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I'm going pure Two-Handed Fighter Azata -> Gold Dragon.

Mostly because I suck at building characters but also because there are no dedicated two-handed melee DPS among the companions.

also, will there be gender restrictions with romances in this game like there were in Kingmaker?
Among the seven known romance options two are exclusive to male characters and one is exclusive to female characters. The rest are available to either.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
EDIT: also, will there be gender restrictions with romances in this game like there were in Kingmaker?
Yep. If you're not too worried about spoilers, this update has all of the romancable characters and what gender you need to be.

www.kickstarter.com

Update 74: A special Valentine's Day update · Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Hello, Valentines! Perhaps when you are marching into the Worldwound on a holy crusade, romantic relationships are the last thing you expect to find along the way. But you never know how close you might become with someone who likes killing demons as much as you do! So let’s take a closer look...

I normally play women the first time through, but I'm going male this time because I have to see the car crash that will be one of the gender limited romances.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Is this new Pathfinder also with this timed stuff mechanic? Completely destroyed my enjoyment in the previous game.
From the beta, only Chapter 1 is sort of timed.

After you get out of the tutorial dungeon you have 3 in-game days before your base is attacked which blocks off/changes a few areas. Failure to go to certain places can lock you out of mythic paths, if you don't go in time. As long as you don't just randomly travel from one side of the overworld map to the other for no reason(actually do things along the way to prevent this), and don't rest until you're actually tapped out, you'll be fine.

It is a fairly generous timer.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I'm avoiding spoilers, but I'll be pretty curious how much leeway you have with the alignments of certain mythic paths. Rhetorical, but like can you pick demon in your roleplay to tap into the power, while showing restraint and acting in a more neutral manner outside of combat. Doubt it, but we'll see.
I think the idea is that you'll qualify if you're within one step of the mythic path or are true neutral (So Demon would be Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, or True Neutral), but I have no idea what happens if your alignment moves outside of that. Maybe you just can't?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Leaning heavily towards a Cleric (or Oracle) + Angel build. The spellbook merge intrigues me.

Yup. I've been thinking that as well. Cleric + Angel seems like a really cool choice. I always never end up having my PC being a healer or buffer. Perhaps I should step out of my comfort zone. I might actually lean towards doing a Cleric + Angel first. Seems like you can do some insane self-buffing this way.

I'm going Azata Bard but it's all for flavour. I'm not a buildcraft person.

Azata definitely. Not entirely sure of what class though. Deciding primarily between Skald and Hunter.

Tried Azata in beta. It's a beast that synergizes with a lot of classes. The pet dragon is so insane that I believe it'll be one of the stronger mythic paths really.

Either scythe-wielding Proclaimer Warpriest of Calistria Trickster or scythe-wielding Two-Handed Fighter Trickster, Oni-blooded Tiefling.

Cool choice. I'm very intrigued by the Trickster path and Scythe wielder is the obvious choice there. I think there'll be some really wacky builds with the trickster coming out after people have played around with it. I imagine it'll be one of the more engaging and funny mythics to play.

I think I'm going to go Lich like I'd planned originally which will be interesting as I honestly never play evil characters. As for original class prior not sure. I may honestly look out for some builds to get some ideas.

This will be my second choice. It's funny, I know evil path Lich (probably caster since it fits thematically) will be my second character but I don't know what my first character will be yet. I want a good aligned character though. Azata I tried in beta, Gold dragon is a late path that I'll mess with on a repeat playthrough so Angel is most likely locked in for me as a mythic path. An Ecclesitheurge should be amazing with it both in terms of RP and synergy so I'm strongly leaning towards this. Never played a healer PC (although I suspect my PC will be off-healing for the most part) before in pretty much any of these old school rpgs so I'll be trying something new if I go ahead and do it.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I think the idea is that you'll qualify if you're within one step of the mythic path or are true neutral (So Demon would be Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, or True Neutral), but I have no idea what happens if your alignment moves outside of that. Maybe you just can't?

That's the gist of it as far as I know. If you're more than 1 step outside the alignment restriction you wont be able to advance your mythic path's story. So no Chaotic good liches for example I'm afraid. Also to be fair it just doesn't make sense at all so I understand why they do it this way. If you really want though you will probably be able to modify out any alignment restrictions on release day.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Does game properly open mythic path options during character creation or does game assume that player does some googling to figure out what mythics will be offered later on so they can pick class accordingly?