• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
From the other thread:

It seems the patch may have been released in Korea:

www.reddit.com

r/NintendoSwitch - Patch 3.6 for Witcher 3 (KOREAN VER.) has been released

369 votes and 177 comments so far on Reddit

From the OP of the thread:

So it looks like despite Sabre removing all reference to their promised patch, it did indeed release and adds the MUCH requested cross-save function with at least Steam and GOG (similar to Divinity 2 and Civ 6 I think), and does come with some performance enhancements going by the comparison showing a notably sharper image (can I post the screen comparison here?).

Hope this will roll out over the next day everywhere else. Good show Sabre! :D

Update:

Here's proof of the update:

FB_IMG_1582011890019.jpg

FB_IMG_1582011881163.jpg

Thankss to Facebook user Gen Zike from Pinoy Nintendo Switch for allowing me to post this.

Last edited:

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
appreciate the cross save but no clue why they would add a store that sells gimmick electronics

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I can see....a slight difference in the picture quality. But damn does it not look like much on my phone. Cross save is badass though

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, that joke completely flew over my head.

I wonder how they implemented the crosssave functionality, though. Do I have to link my Steam/GOG accounts?

Yes, generally, because you are using their cloud saves IIRC (didn't buy Civ or Divinity as I'd already played the shit out of them on PC already).

WTB a game that comes with cross save I haven't already spent 100 hours on plz devs.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
the quality of those images is f.ing garbage. hope someone posts decent screenshots soon.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The graphics settings are apparently;

Motion blur
Blur effect
Bloom
Sharpen
Depth of Field
Depth of Field for Cut-scenes
Chromatic Aberration
Water Quality
Foliage Visibility Range
Anti-Aliasing

Which makes a lot of sense, as these are mostly post processing effects that games should have an easy time toggling. A lot them also have negligible performance impacts, and being able to turn them on/off is more for aesthetic purposes (eg: chromatic aberration). More games should do this, really. Turning off TW3's post processing AA and enabling sharpening would, in theory, dramatically improve the clarity of the image. Post processing AA generally adds a lot of undesirable blur, which is worsened by games running at lower resolutions (like what we see on Switch).

Foliage Visibility Range is interesting though. Would be great to see comparisons.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Which makes a lot of sense, as these are mostly post processing effects that games should have an easy time toggling. A lot them also have negligible performance impacts, and being able to turn them on/off is more for aesthetic purposes (eg: chromatic aberration). More games should do this, really. Turning off TW3's post processing AA and enabling sharpening would, in theory, dramatically improve the clarity of the image. Post processing AA generally adds a lot of undesirable blur, which is worsened by games running at lower resolutions (like what we see on Switch).

Foliage Visibility Range is interesting though. Would be great to see comparisons.
I recall the Switch version already having some options. Which are new specifically? Wasn't the foliage option already there?

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-save is a great feature and makes the Switch port even more enticing.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017

You can already see the effects of foliage visibility in a video that DF did about a week or two ago. I think it pretty much covers all those options.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's dope. I'd totally double dip to play in bed but then I'd lose access to mods. Hard to play w/o autoloot etc

for what it's worth there were some mods for Divinity 2 that actually worked in the Switch version after you transfer your save over from the steam version. Inventory sorting mods and non-intrusive stuff like that. I didn't try it myself tho, only saw a few posts on reddit about it.

I know they're two entirely different games, but maybe something similar could happen? Probably not tho.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Cross save makes this something I'm going to pick up sooner rather than later now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can they add this to the PS4 version so I can buy the PC version without starting over?

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
for what it's worth there were some mods for Divinity 2 that actually worked in the Switch version after you transfer your save over from the steam version. Inventory sorting mods and non-intrusive stuff like that. I didn't try it myself tho, only saw a few posts on reddit about it.

I know they're two entirely different games, but maybe something similar could happen? Probably not tho.

It depends a ton on how the game handles save states, and what it stashes in there.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I am so happy about this--after learning about Sabre's tweets being removed, I feared the patch was scrapped. Can't wait (I stopped after getting stuck in a cave lol; mentions of the update was the push I was looking for to dive back in)!

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
cross save for Switch multi platforms makes so much sense, it should be a standard thing

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Cross-save might be what gets me to buy this. When I'm at home I'd much prefer to play on the PC but if I can continue that save when I'm out..... that's pretty awesome.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Shouldn't this be easy to verify? Couldn't someone just make a Korean profile and download the supposed region specific patch for the game?

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Cross save is incredible. I already have this on Steam and Switch. I've actually put more hours into the Switch version due to portability, but it'll be nice to get the most out of the experience while playing on the tv via pc.

Big kudos to Saber. So glad I bought this again.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wat

And yeah as pointed out, CDPR own GOG (forgot that). I thought they would've done the PC version, but you just made it seem like they only did the PS4 and XBO versions.
The sarcasm was for the rhetorical question. Apologies. I'm tired and shouldn't be posting. But one more post:

I meant they had little to nothing to do with implementing the cross save feature to the switch. Sabertooth, not CDPR, brought over The Witcher 3 to Switch. Same way Push Button brought over DOOM 2016–and it's Switch exclusive gyro controls—over to the Switch. CDPR, having developed the PS4 and Xbone versions of the game, probably won't have the company they hired to make a Switch port add those features to the Xbone or PS4 versions of the game. I don't work in the industry, but that doesn't really make sense to me either way (I'm always appreciative of being proved wrong in a respectful way, however). So who would bring the update over to PS4 and Xbone? I have two options.

1) CDPR themselves
2) a wholeass other company for this one update specifically for the double dippers

neither really sounds likely to me.

Lastly, and this is purely anecdotal, I read that the Switch port of the game was based specifically off the PC version of the game (which allowed for all the homebrew Switch mods of the Witcher). This differs from the Xbone and PS4 versions of the game, which were a different non-PC build of the game. Again. This is purely anecdotal, and I'm too sleepy to dig up the tweets or reddit posts I grabbed this from

edit: also what that other poster said about this more so being a contractual/businessey thing. That too!

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cross-save is the best thing that happened this generation.

I meant they had little to nothing to do with implementing the cross save feature to the switch.

They paid to have the feature developed, at least.

I think Diablo and Overwatch should have also had this feature.

Last edited: