• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Though technically still just development, co-creator Rob Thomas expressed his commitment to the project in a statement accompanying the news. "At the end of 2019, the Party Down cast and producers were all reunited at a retrospective for the show hosted by Vulture," said Thomas. "We had such a good time that we wanted to find a way to get the team back together again. The cast is so busy these days that finding a window where we can do it may require trigonometry, but we're determined to make it happen."

Are we having FUN yet?!??!

EDIT - Added cameo from the crew from Children's Hospital

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Lynch and Mullally please. I realize both are mentioned but I want them both working together in the crew.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I know the show is about entertainers who don't make it, and therefore have to work in the catering industry...

It would be beyond depressing if the gang are in the exact same place more than a decade later.

The show ended with the characters potentially on a positive trajectory.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
BTW, if anyone missed the mini reunion on Children's Hospital on Adult Swim, go check it out. It was pretty funny.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They have been talking about doing a movie or new episodes at least since 2012. I really want this to happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I remember other older interviews where they used the same language about being "determined".

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, such a great show, if they revisit this I hope it is done in a creative way. I'm not sure the overlap of the actors and writing crew, but I would think the writing team would be just as important to secure.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be incredible. The original show had such an all-star cast, but before most of them were stars.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
6 episode limited run sounds perfect. Just to see this crew back together, and probably in no better place, could be hilarious and heartbreaking.

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
I have really mixed feelings about this to be honest. I think the original has the best ending of any sitcom (outside of maybe the original Office UK ending).

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing. One of my favorite comedies. I was devastated when it was cancelled but partially Adam Scott going to parks and rec was the reason so there was a silver lining. I second that it would be rough if ten years later they're still catering but it's kind of realistic so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
Jane Lynch needs to come back. She was sorely missed in the second season.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Whattttttt

Good lord I hope not a single person is missing from this. We need them all back.

Oct 29, 2018
I'm excited about the prospect of new episodes, but the show already had a fantastic ending. Hopefully the new episodes don't ruin that.

Oct 25, 2017
Heard of this recently. So far as I know we don't get STARZ in Canada and this wasn't picked up by any other network.

Looks like the only way to stream is through Prime and then paying for STARZ?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
tenor.gif

I can't imagine how they'd do a revival of this show but we'll see how it turns out since they even said that they haven't even asked any of the original cast back yet.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I always think of this scene:

Can't believe it's coming back. Need a Blu-ray release of the original run.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Heard of this recently. So far as I know we don't get STARZ in Canada and this wasn't picked up by any other network.

Looks like the only way to stream is through Prime and then paying for STARZ?

You can also get Starz through Crave I believe. If Starz is available through Prime you should be able to get a free trial. It's just twenty 30 minute episodes, so it's totally binge-able in a week, or however long the trial is. I think the first time I watched Party Down, we blasted through both seasons in 3-4 days.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I love that show, but nostalgia's awful. We don't need more of what was.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
New New New Ron time?

Loved the first two seasons, not sure I need this but will definitely check it out

Oct 25, 2017
You can also get Starz through Crave I believe. If Starz is available through Prime you should be able to get a free trial. It's just twenty 30 minute episodes, so it's totally binge-able in a week, or however long the trial is. I think the first time I watched Party Down, we blasted through both seasons in 3-4 days.
Yeah I was thinking of doing that trial with Prime. I'll be too busy to binge all 20 in a week, but if I dig the show I can pay for a month through Crave. 👍

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
i dont know that i want this. shows coming back like that after so long... ive been burned before.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I was thinking of doing that trial with Prime. I'll be too busy to binge all 20 in a week, but if I dig the show I can pay for a month through Crave. 👍

I will say, Starz is an add-on for Crave like it is for Prime, and you probably actually get a bit of a discount with Prime, so I'd still go that route. Crave is a miserable UI to deal with and piss poor video quality as well, in my experience. I'm still very on the fence about cancelling Crave, since I only have it for the HBO shows, which basically amounts to Last Week Tonight, right now for me.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
If this does come out, and it sucks, I'll just shrug my shoulders and move on. It's so not a big deal when a revival is a miss for me. There's always something out there waiting for me to enjoy, so it's easy enough to leave a disappointing piece in the dust.