• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
BEST VIEWED ON DARK THEME

8VTq4x9.png

lQoGMT4.png

-
LLD_Is_On_The_Case.png

Yb1olCX.png

dcmxun6.gif

tUiY55s.png

qZb199R.gif

b2Lxkmr.png

GOj4t8c.gif

19iRgA9.png

Media

Nintendo Store (UK)

GOG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Note that there's a 20% launch discount that drops the price to $15.99/€15.99/£12.39, at least on Nintendo store. Presumably that'll apply to the PC stores too.

Also check out the sound of the summer.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play it tomorrow. I'll always check out any detective games.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
One of the developers, Oliver Clarke-Smith was a designer on Rogue Warrior and 50 Cent Blood On The Sand.

This is quite the glow up!

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super curious to give this a spin - Waypoint talked about the demo to this a while back and it sounds like a very fun spin on the detective game.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a simple man. I see detective game, high discount in Humble Bundle and I buy.

Excited to try this, although it might go to my backlog for a while.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Very very excited to try this one, but my backlog is insane right now and I can't add this one on top of it. I'll check it out eventually, though!

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Taking a bullet for the team and getting the game on Switch. Downloading at the moment.

EDIT : It's looking good so far, performance-wise. Game is stylish as fuck if you're into the vaporwave aesthetic.

Last edited:

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Picked it up on Switch this morning, £12.39 (+ some Nintendo gold) made it an instant buy :)

The soundtrack is very tempting too 🥰

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a game Switch can run in its sleep, so I'm more worried about any bugs or glitches than I am performance.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for the OT. Good work.

But couldn't we change the ot title to:
Paradise Killer |OT| Dr. Doom Jazz, M.D.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any impressions on Switch performance?
Been playing the game docked for 3-4 hours and it's runs just fine. No slowdowns or dynamic resolutions shenanigans to be seen.

And the game is dooooope. Wasn't expecting straight up exploration to take so much "space" in the gameplay, having a blast so far.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Just a tip : if you're hesitating to partake in a relaxation activity that costs 5 blood shards, just do it.

Oct 27, 2017
Having recently played through Return of the Obra Dinn, and enjoying it immensely, this seems like something I should pay attention to. A good presentation goes a long way, and detective stories are rad.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I really want to know how the whole 'accuse whoever/whenever' thing feels, like how people react to never knowing if they solved the mystery 'correctly' or not. Is it still satisfying? Aside from that aspect, the whole package looks amazing.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
I really want to know how the whole 'accuse whoever/whenever' thing feels, like how people react to never knowing if they solved the mystery 'correctly' or not. Is it still satisfying? Aside from that aspect, the whole package looks amazing.

Honestly one of the major flaw of the game I saw while playing for my review, is that even if you find some important evidence on a suspect you'll get a dismissive answer or something like: "Someone is trying to frame me". And Lady Love Dies will be ok with that.The point is that everything you discover will sort out only during the trials that basically ends the game. Still the trials part is great and satysfing since you see all your work validated but for me this come too late in the game and create some pacing issue. But still a great game, especially at that price.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Any reviews out for this game? It looks very interesting.
Gamespot: 9/10 https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/paradise-killer-review/1900-6417557/
PCGamer: 91/100 https://www.pcgamer.com/paradise-killer-review/

" An incredible world of demons, mystery, and vaporwave, Paradise Killer sets a new standard for investigative gameplay; I felt untethered and invested in the world's mysteries in a way I've never felt in a detective game before. The neon sheen, fantastic soundtrack, quirky characters, and narrative twists make it one of the best whodunits you can play. "

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Gamespot: 9/10 https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/paradise-killer-review/1900-6417557/
PCGamer: 91/100 https://www.pcgamer.com/paradise-killer-review/

" An incredible world of demons, mystery, and vaporwave, Paradise Killer sets a new standard for investigative gameplay; I felt untethered and invested in the world's mysteries in a way I've never felt in a detective game before. The neon sheen, fantastic soundtrack, quirky characters, and narrative twists make it one of the best whodunits you can play. "
Damn. It's a buy then.
I guess I'll have to put Cross Code and Remnant to the side for a little bit.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
My only gripe so far is how fast travel costs Blood Crystals when there's a lot of other finite ressources to buy with them. There's plenty around to find but using them for that feels like wasting them. Since I'm not far into the game I'd rather travel by foot anyway to find stuff on the island but in the end it might end up being annoying.

Maybe there's a way to get a discount down the line.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
My only gripe so far is how fast travels costs Blood Crystals when there's a lot of other finite ressources to buy with them. There's plenty around to find but using them for that feels like wasting them. Since I'm not far into the game I'd rather travel by foot anyway to find stuff on the island but in the end it might end up being annoying.

Maybe there's a way to get a discount down the line.

Agree, honestly I completed nearly everything in the game and couldn't find a discount. I admit that at the end, when you know by memory the layout of the island, pay to move around is annoying. Anyway unlocking the
Meditation
ability will make finding crystals easier.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Ahah funny you should mention that unlock since I just got it,
hearts everywhere

I really wasn't expecting that kind of exploration/collectibles hunting in this game. And it's fun!

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting *major* Danganronpa investigation segment vibes from it so far. The story's kind of ??? to start, but the things are starting to come together. Good to hear it lasts 15-20 hours too.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
I think I sequence broke something or something is bugged, I've played for like 6 hours and went into the
syndicate graveyard
just because I'm randomly exploring, then unlocked a computer there and found some evidence, then the character says "oh so I guess this was what One Last Kiss wanted me to find", and I'm sitting here "who the hell is One Last Kiss?!" then it suddenly starts a dialog with her and my character acts like I've met her before, even though this is the first time I can recall seeing her.