How are feeling about TOK?

• I need this game NOW. Day 1.

• The game looks great, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• I am mostly worried and not impressed. Will wait for reviews.

• This is not what I wanted. I'm not getting this game.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
While Sticker Stars was pretty average, Color Splash improved so much, only the battles was the worst part.
Now this looks like to be more like Thousand Year Door, with the audience and no more stickers/cards + companions.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Wow, same day as Ghost of Tsushima and same day that Sony is doing an event for that game.

Honestly looks like I will be buying both of them.

May 13, 2019
I will say one thing, at the very least they aren't relying on the flashy "summons" like the other games' first trailers did. The fact they released a separate combat video at all does give me some faith they're at least trying to keep it interesting.

I used the google translate phone app and the X button is "Tips" or "Help" while B is "Run Away". Dunno what Y is.
Off topic but a thousand thanks for letting me know about Google Translate's phone app. It's exactly what I was looking for for ages.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Nope, this looks really generic and boring to me as well. I'm surprised it's getting such a warm response when I can't find a single thing in this trailer that looks like a step up from PM1/TTYD.
A lot of the response is "they put a unique spin on the battle system!" in which case I wanna know where these people have been for the last 15 years/3 games.

Oct 26, 2017
ucfiH7J.png

Sounds like a Haiku

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
This announcement caught me off guard.

Who's developing and what's the price?

Feb 8, 2020
I'm looking forward to this. Despite issues with the combat system, I thought Color Splash was a really charming and good-looking game. This'll be great if it can keep that style while also improving the combat system. Fingers crossed!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Battle system reminds me of Panzer Dragoon Saga (rotating battlefield) & Radiant Historia (manipulating enemy position). I'm in.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
At least I hope that the world is interconnected, and not a world map again...

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see how it ends up. I finally got around to beating Sticker Star yesterday and it was okay for what it was.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Having situational partners instead of them following you around during the entire aventures has some downsides and some upsides. You could have a blast with them in the amount of time youve given, but it hurts the idea of having a continously growing party.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I held onto one last sliver of hope that Paper Mario would return to its roots before I die, and it looks like that hope is well and truly finally dashed.

Oh well.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This has got my attention a lot more than Sticker Star or Color Splash did, but I need to see more of the combat system. Are partners not going to be a thing in battle?

I also can't say I'm too surprised partners are just generic enemies now after Sticker Star almost gave us a generic Chain Chomp partner. Someone on the Mario brand team really does not like Toads or enemies becoming unique characters.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Woah, just like that?!

First impression is amazing, but I'm still cautiously optimistic after last few games. I really hope it's not just generic characters again and I haven't seen any partner characters in battle.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Color Splash announcement received so positively?

This just looks entirely like Sticker Star 3.
No, but a lot of people actually played and enjoyed (or at least somewhat enjoyed) Color Splash and are more willing to give this a chance because it looks like an improvement on that

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that looked more impressive than I initally thought it would. Really cool looking

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
On a rewatch I'm wondering if they scrapped combat altogether in the main game and only reserved it for these colosseum-looking arenas. Fine with this as the worst part of Color Splash was it's combat despite most other parts being great (and yes, I would obviously prefer a return to the series roots but doesn't seem to be happening from this trailer)

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

#GiveDKhisbodyback

Also is kinda interesting that people hate CS for not being like TTYD but then praise SuperPM which... is not like TTYD either. Not shitting on SPM (loved it), just found this whole situation funny.

that shits not paper, its taxidermy. Mario finally got the best of dk for that shit he pulled with pauline.