Will Anthem have a better retail launch opening in the UK than Mass Effect: Andromeda?

• Yes

Votes: 132 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 63 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
My impression of this whole Anthem fiasco is that Anthem is a repurposed game. No way the released product had 6 years of development.

Someone at EA saw Destiny 1's success and said: I want that! Copy it ASAP!. And BOOM! Rebooted!.

This is just my hypothesis, because if you release a game in this state after 6 years of fruitful development, there's something very wrong with the company.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I'm not convinced Anthem is bombing, yet. I still think 2-2.5M globally by end of this week. That's not a bomb, right? This data point just means it sold poorly at UK retailers.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's great. I loved the 2 first games and I can't wait to play the new game.

Yep. Keep in mind in raw units it's not a huge performer like other franchises but Metro has never been huge. I'm certain 4A are very happy with the results

The thing that makes it especially impressive is that physical sales are up over previous entries, and back when the other games releases digital was a small percentage of sales.

So the actual growth for the franchise when factoring in the growth of digital sales is very good

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Yep. Keep in mind in raw units it's not a huge performer like other franchises but Metro has never been huge. I'm certain 4A are very happy with the results

The thing that makes it especially impressive is that physical sales are up over previous entries, and back when the other games releases digital was a small percentage of sales.

So the actual growth for the franchise when factoring in the growth of digital sales is very good

This is good info and knowledge so cheers Benji!
I dumped my 50 quid into Metro Exodus (over Anthem) this past weekend off PSN.

After taking a chance on redux couple years ago at a really low price, 4A deserved a full sale from me.

Neurom

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if we were to forecast projections based on other similar games as a service titles, how much would we say digital would be?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the previews and reviews play a part in the sold numbers .

Since it's a zombie game it might appeal to casuals
Mhm, that is why I think good previews and reviews will provide a solid bump to what will already be decent sales thanks to its market appeal combined with Sony's marketing. Sony going on a tour with it like their other big games inspires confidence.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mhm, that is why I think good previews and reviews will provide a solid bump to what will already be decent sales thanks to its market appeal combined with Sony's marketing. Sony going on a tour with it like their other big games inspires confidence.
True hopefully it end ups 80 plus on metacritic.and they r in for a 5 to 6 million LTD

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I really don't think 60-65% digital split is unrealistic for Anthem. It's very premature to call this a bomb.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the trials split is so close for all platforms. any other multiplat game where the spilt for ps4/xbo/switch was this close?

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt that Anthem did well even with digital. This is almost a JRPG like drop. Bioware probably failed to capture a mainstream market because the game is too science-fantasy and the WoM is horrible. Division 2 will also be good for comparison. That game should have a similar physical/digital split. My guess is that it will do much better in physical sales even with the growing digital market.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Impressive 59% PS4 share for Lego movie. With Anthem being number one with 12K doesn't leave much room for excitement about overall retail sales this week.

Thinking there shouldn't of been an announcement about tracking digital sale until all the contact were signed.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I was really confused for a second that the Switch version of the Lego Movie 2 game is nowhere to be seen until I checked and noticed that the Switch version comes out on the 15th March.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is the trials split including digital?
No.
I was really confused for a second that the Switch version of the Lego Movie 2 game is nowhere to be seen until I checked and noticed that the Switch version comes out on the 15th March.
Guess thats explains the 59% PS4 share.
Weird that they always have issues releasing the Lego Switch version at the same time....def. not the first time.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's a WB Games thing considering Mortal Kombat 11 Switch is also releasing later than the other versions.