Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I really hope they add the option for a second or even third comm wheel for us console players

they already have the tech for multiple wheels to some degree (ie down on dpad to bring up comms, then R1 for emote wheel or L1 for voice line wheel), let us have another wheel or two so we can actually utilize these new lines lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20200425-211506_Instagram.jpg

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You were on payload the entire match, including periods of time spent contesting (double progression, perhaps?) and your team pushed up until the very end where they finally lost?
The funny thing is I wasn't on the payload the entire match, because Doomfist was hounding me for pretty much the first few minutes since I decided to play a support.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Hero pool:

Mercy
Wrecking ball
Widowmaker
Mccree

McCree has been banned every time he's eligible in OWL

High damage, good mobility counter. I wonder why he is getting banned.

Same with Widow. Again, if you are in OWL why wouldn't you play a one shot one kill hero?

They need to wake up and separate OWL bans from ladder or remove it completely from ladder. It's getting ridiculous banning the same heroes again and again.

We need to test Echo against her biggest counters already. Fucking cowards.

I feel sorry for DPS mains. Imagine banning your heroes every other week. Like holy fuck queuing up as DPS is already a torture and you ban two of the best DPS heroes instead of trash like Mei?

They need to remove this system for OW2 or risk losing their already dying userbase.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Same with Widow. Again, if you are in OWL why wouldn't you play a one shot one kill hero?

They need to wake up and separate OWL bans from ladder or remove it completely from ladder. It's getting ridiculous banning the same heroes again and again.
???

These are ladder bans. Widow is infrequent in OWL these days. McCree getting banned is because, as you have already stated before in this thread, he's incredibly effective and versatile across a range of situations.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Competitive Open Queue is a free for all for Top 500 right now. My low diamond ass just got it and I'm horrific at this game.

(There aren't even 500 spots yet because you need to be at least Diamond with 50 games played)

HPQFNtn.jpg

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
???

These are ladder bans. Widow is infrequent in OWL these days. McCree getting banned is because, as you have already stated before in this thread, he's incredibly effective and versatile across a range of situations.

Ladder or OWL bans, the system is bad bro. Imagine not being able to play your hero every other week.

Laughable. Just remove it completely.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Ladder or OWL bans, the system is bad bro. Imagine not being able to play your hero every other week.

Laughable. Just remove it completely.
Okay, you realize you've shifted the goalposts, yeah? Like, I totally get your disdain for the existence of hero pools, but that's not what your earlier post was calling out.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, you realize you've shifted the goalposts, yeah? Like, I totally get your disdain for the existence of hero pools, but that's not what your earlier post was calling out.

I figured out they were based on ladder after my post. Still doesn't matter.

Basing it on OWL or ladder will result in banning the same heroes over and over again with some random data in between (Eg Mercy instead of banning the most picked healer, Ana).

Every week I legit wanna play with friends and eveey week we got someone not playing because his fav is banned. Either its Rein or Cree.

One day they will remove it like the awful map pools that did more harm than good.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I've never felt so discouraged and sad since I switched to playing tanks in this game. Last few days trying to climb have been hopeless. I'm playing some of my best Rein games and my Widow isn't hitting their shots, I can't for the life of me get rid of stupid brainless Mercy one tricks, I can't. Some games are impossible to win no matter how much I try.

Had this one game in Blizzard World where I blocked every single shatter, hit some nice beautiful ones, manhandling the enemy Rein the entire time and we couldn't even get it to C.

I'm not even angry, just disappointed, it's sad man.

Wish Battle Royales weren't a thing so more devs could focus on coming up with a better OW after four years.

Lol. "Just click the head bro"

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I've never felt so discouraged and sad since I switched to playing tanks in this game. Last few days trying to climb have been hopeless. I'm playing some of my best Rein games and my Widow isn't hitting their shots, I can't for the life of me get rid of stupid brainless Mercy one tricks, I can't. Some games are impossible to win no matter how much I try.

Had this one game in Blizzard World where I blocked every single shatter, hit some nice beautiful ones, manhandling the enemy Rein the entire time and we couldn't even get it to C.

I'm not even angry, just disappointed, it's sad man.

Wish Battle Royales weren't a thing so more devs could focus on coming up with a better OW after four years.

The common ranked experience. If there's someone that isn't carrying their weight, your efforts will normally count for nothing in the end.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lol at McCree and Mercy getting the banhammer again

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do appreciate bans for forcing me to learn more heroes. Mercy was comfort food for me when shit was simply not working out on my end.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
The common ranked experience. If there's someone that isn't carrying their weight, your efforts will normally count for nothing in the end.

It's weird, haven't gotten this type of streak ever. Haven't won a game in two days. At this point I'm just going to see how low can I go before rng decides to give me decent teammates.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I say get rid of the bans in the next season and just keep them in OWL based around their percentages. In ranked it's already as if there were bans when 5 randos play with you lol. People don't play optimal compositions, and most people's hero pool isn't wide enough to cover for bans. Often times I see players who play certain heroes for a long time do better than by flexing around.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Competitive Open Queue is a free for all for Top 500 right now. My low diamond ass just got it and I'm horrific at this game.

(There aren't even 500 spots yet because you need to be at least Diamond with 50 games played)

HPQFNtn.jpg
What's it like playing Competitive Open Queue? Do players actually flex to fill the support and or tank rolls or do most just insta-lock DPS, like before role-lock?

I'm taking a break from OverWatch so I haven't played COQ yet, but was curious.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's it like playing Competitive Open Queue? Do players actually flex to fill the support and or tank rolls or do most just insta-lock DPS, like before role-lock?

It's exactly the way it was before role queue. Sometimes people flex, sometimes you get 4 dps hardlock.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah it's literally old comp

had some "fun" solo healing 4 dps and a Roadhog, just like the good old days

did my placements and bailed lol

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yeah Open Queue is pretty much decided the moment either side goes 2-2-2. I wanna say maybe once or twice I've had a team composed of 4 DPS and we won, but whether it be cuz no one else but me is healing, or because we have 2 supports, 3 DPS and 1 Roadhog, or stuff like that, that just doesn't work. It's fun, but it's also a nightmare lol

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had games where it's like...I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm doing OK as Zen but there's complaints of not enough heals so I switch to Moira/Bap to help the team in that sense and we still get rolled. I think I need to get in the habit of watching my replays.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want a $30 off coupon for the Overwatch League store? You'll have to immediately use it cuz it expires tomorrow.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this week of trash Echo players insta locking having only played her for one week a week ago, plus limited hitscan dps to deal with her. Yay.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yesterday was a hot mess. At some point I was playing in a team that would not switch off Junkrat and Mei while an Echo and Pharah ran free. On console you guys. Imagine the doosie that match was lol. Went with Bap to try and shoot them down, kept getting "Need Healing". Proceed to heal, no one thinks to shoot those two DPS down. I was so annoyed, tried a whole bunch of switching to salvage that mess, and obviously we ended up losing.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

I reinstalled to play this specifically and it's a big mess but I'm also having a way better time. I haven't seen any of the more ridiculous stuff like 5 DPS 1 healer that I would see before.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Yeah COQ is a hot mess, most games nobody goes tank and if I tank we don't have a support lol.

Honestly I've had better games there than my support Q recently tho, you live and die by your tankline and so many are braindead.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
One thing i don't understand is why would Winston, mobile Tank have better barrier with shorter cooldown compared to Orisa? It has 700 health, 9 seconds cooldown and it covers him completely from all sides. Orisa with her 600 barrier, every 10 seconds feels kinda weak now.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
One thing i don't understand is why would Winston, mobile Tank have better barrier with shorter cooldown compared to Orisa? It has 700 health, 9 seconds cooldown and it covers him completely from all sides. Orisa with her 600 barrier, every 10 seconds feels kinda weak now.

She has fortify to offset the damage taken. Also Winston is short range damage where Orisa is long range, He has to get close in order to be effective like Reinhardt but Reinhardt doesn't have escape abilities.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Orisa's weapon is really not effective at anything longer than mid range. Good luck killing anything at long range with that spread. And yeah, Fortify...

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Winston's bubble used to be the weakest tank shield in the game, but since they realized the game now had a billion dive counters, he gets the stronger shield.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Brig changes might not be in

Ana

Sleep Dart

• Sleep duration lowered from 6 to 5 seconds

Mei

Endothermic Blaster (Primary Fire)

• Freeze stun duration lowered from 1.5 to 1.3 seconds
Blizzard

• Duration lowered from 5 to 4.25 seconds

McCree

Flashbang

• Stun duration lowered from 0.85 to 0.7 seconds

Reinhardt

Earthshatter

• Knockdown duration lowered from 3 to 2.5 seconds

Roadhog

Whole Hog

• Knockback increased 20%

Sigma

Accretion

• Knockdown duration is now a fixed 0.8 second instead of scaling with distance
  • Cast time reduced from 0.75 to 0.65 seconds
?
Brigitte

Shield Bash

• Stun duration lowered from 0.75 to 0.65 seconds

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I was hoping we were gonna get the PTR changes today as well. Guess it's gonna be another couple days till that drops.

Just a small observation since I just tried Ana in the training range where things aren't as chaotic and noisy. The sleep audio queue does not seem to sync with the 1 second being taken away from sleeps. The Ana combo had already been stealth taken out, but seems like the most reliable way to see when someone is about to get up, is by looking at the timer which begins to countdown from 12 the moment it hits an enemy. Seems like as soon as you see 9, the enemy will begin to stand up pretty much, while the audio sound still plays for another second.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
There was a nice video posted not too long ago about the consequences of these changes. Although on paper it may not seem like much, all these CC nerfs essentially have locked characters into only being able to do 1 action while the energy is stunned. So things like double headshots from Mei or Cree are no longer possible. The Ana 1 sec reduction is pretty much a big meh, since 5 secs is a pretty long time, and for the most part slept characters get shot while they are downed. The Rein shatter is maybe the only thing I wouldn't have touched, but seeing how pretty much every one got nerfed, I guess he did too