• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think brig is Dead, it's still more valuable than beat imo nor is the DM cool down much of a nerf on dva. Reaper will be a disaster in Plat and below.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Poor Brigitte. Holy shit.
Also what happened to new map? New content? 3 balance changes and that's it?
Were you expecting a miracle?
tumblr_oc2nnjrUbI1un7uhro1_250.gif

Maybe they'll drop the map with LNY

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little shitty that these changes are only being made now so close to the start of OWL S2. Wish it gave teams more time to practice during the off-season.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The armor nerf is probably the most interesting one. Bastion, brigette, torb and every tank besides roadhog just got a health nerf. D.Va especially is about to be a lot more killable than before.

I think we're basically just going right back to the dive meta, which is fine by me, but it shows how pointless the entire brig exercise has been.

Instead of nerfing Tracer and Winston, the key proponents of dive, they released a character who was as overpowered as mercy was at the height of the moth meta, and now they are nerfing her into what looks like uselessness. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the armor nerfs and her ult nerf, she isn't going to be as much of a Tracer deterrent anymore, which is the thing she was made to be.

I don't agree on the skilled part. Lots of the original heroes are as easy. Reaper which just got a silly buff, for example.

As long as reaper doesn't have mobility, he is always going to be naturally limited by his short range and large hitbox. (and no, that's not the same as with brig because he doesn't have a 500 hp shield to "nope!" behind)

But look, I agree that not every hero needs to be as hard to use as genji or widowmaker. But if brig is gonna be a useful healer/tank, I would appreciate if atleast one of her abilities was one that was hard to use or had some risk to it.

But I don't know if they low-key gave in to the actual deletebrig movement. From these notes, they seem like they have.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong, but with the armor nerfs and her ult nerf, she isn't going to be as much of a Tracer deterrent anymore, which is the thing she was made to be.

She already isn't a Tracer deterrent. Unless you just happen to catch Tracer with no cooldowns, or your entire team is on her when you stun, it's kind of pointless to even engage. If you're playing against Tracer, not picking Moira is throwing. Brig is still decent against Genji (until this patch goes through).

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing stops Goats until they decide to put in an unbalanced hero to deal with it but forget that they need to stop trying to do a meta counter and balance the game.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Chance about to make a video shredding Moiras set to big band/scat.

lol. I don't want this to be confused as Moira>Tracer. What I'm saying is that Brig can basically be farmed now vs. Moira adds some utility to the team and is harder to kill for Tracer than Brig is. The whole point of support nerfs is to make it where Tracer can easily kill them. It's been going on for months (years?).

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Brig's not as scary as she was but the entirety of her kit remains a Tracer deterrant. Repair pack turns a one-clip gank into 2 clips at least and too much exposed time. Rally will remain a frustration even after the nerf, and even without 50 damage Bash is still a one-second stun that's pretty easy to land - any assistance from a teammate can make it an instant pick on Tracer - and it takes brig literally one second (2 melee swings) to put Tracer in mortal danger from Bash-melee-Whip.

And yes,

Chance about to make a video shredding Moiras set to big band/scat.

I totally could lol. This is a Moira fading away from me, and me blinking right into her face and finishing the job. Here it is again. And again. And again. Here's a few one-clips on Moiras who had fade on CD, and here's some Moiras getting melted as they try to use their ults!

Mercy is harder to kill than Moira. No joke. Mercy's vertical mobility make her a way harder pick if you don't get the one-clip. I'd much rather duel a Moira than a Brig.

But I don't think I've ever used a big band song lol. Certainly not scat at the very least.

Edit: but for the sake of argument if I did use a big band song it would be Scorpion by The Budos Band.

Last edited:

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Didn't the reduction already take Tracer's 6 bullet damage and 50% it for 3?

Now it's 3 max or 50% whichever is lower = 3 = no change?

What am I missing here?

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Oh I think I see. This imagines that Tracer fires 20 bullets at 12 dmg each, expecting an improvement. Tracer fires 40 bullets at 6 damage each for 240 without headshots.

Reddit's wrong.

Edit: nope. Red highlight means it's only considering headshots for the Tracer #. Which is 12 damage per shot.

I'll just go.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
She already isn't a Tracer deterrent. Unless you just happen to catch Tracer with no cooldowns, or your entire team is on her when you stun, it's kind of pointless to even engage. If you're playing against Tracer, not picking Moira is throwing. Brig is still decent against Genji (until this patch goes through).
No, she was a deterrent because she discouraged tracers through armor. She couldn't kill tracers anymore, but Tracer can't dive her and brig could armor anyone she did try to dive. Plus rally made it so that everything was twice as hard for tracers when it was up. Armor meant that tracers attack potential was nullified, which meant that she was a useless pick unless she managed to outplay people THAT much.

But now even that's in question.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
ANA'S BASTET CHALLENGE
We're bringing Ana's journey in the short story "Bastet" to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you a limited-time player icon, victory pose, and a new epic skin: BASTET ANA!

Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they're playing Overwatch anytime through January 21 to earn five Ana's Bastet Challenge sprays!

To learn more about Ana's Bastet Challenge, click here.

OVERWATCH LEAGUE 2019 SEASON SKINS
Team uniforms come to life as in-game skins! Skin are now ready to equip in-game for the eight new Overwatch League 2019 teams: Atlanta Reign, Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, Hangzhou Spark, Paris Eternal, Toronto Defiant, Vancouver Titans, and Washington Justice. Represent your favorite team (or teams) in-game with skins for every hero.

Learn more about the Overwatch League here.

GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAME UPDATES
Spectating

• Status effect icons now display on the afflicted heroes' portraits
  • An option to toggle an over-the-shoulder spectator camera is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Use Simple 3P Spectator Camera
  • An option to mute voice lines while spectating is now available. This feature can be found under Options > Gameplay > Enable Voice Lines While Spectating
Developer Comments: These quality of life changes mirror some of the functionality available to professional broadcasters. By bringing these features in-game, we aim to provide players with a seamless spectator experience between streamed professional play and in-game matches with their peers.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
General

• Removed the "Unlock All" option in the Hero Gallery
BUG FIXES
HEROES
Ashe

• Fixed a bug that caused Ashe's scoped view to stutter when playing with a high framerate
Brigitte
  • Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering her Barrier Shield
Reinhardt
  • Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt's Earthshatter to not be visible to other players if he used it while recovering from a stun
  • Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to pivot when exiting third-person view after lowering his Barrier Field
Torbjörn
  • Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn's turret to be built at an extreme angle if it landed on the edge of an object
Winston
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Winston from dealing damage when landing at the maximum range of Jump Pack
ARCADE
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players' Competitive Points deduction from visually updating after purchasing a golden weapon
MAPS
Blizzard World

• Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on the chimney above the attacker's initial spawn room
Busan
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the blast shields from moving in MEKA Base while in a skirmish match
Hollywood
  • Fixed a bug that caused the railing above the first objective to block projectiles after being destroyed
King's Row
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on top of the sign for Moriarty's Fine Books behind the first objective

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why the fuck is the patch so big

Im not home rn but my gf just deleted gravity rush remastered and hollow knight and it still isnt enough space for...skins, bug fixes and ui updates???

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
No, she was a deterrent because she discouraged tracers through armor. She couldn't kill tracers anymore, but Tracer can't dive her and brig could armor anyone she did try to dive. Plus rally made it so that everything was twice as hard for tracers when it was up. Armor meant that tracers attack potential was nullified, which meant that she was a useless pick unless she managed to outplay people THAT much.

But now even that's in question.

Nah, hot take but Tracer will still be one of the least important DPS of the meta, the armor nerf barely affects her cause of her pellet designed guns, and her ult is laughably weak still.

Nah, that's still Zen. But Moira's no counter.

Good Zen's are way harder to kill than good Moiras. Even Zen's that are bad might luck out and right click you out of existence. Moira's can't do anything besides fade and wait for their team to help her out. Maybe throw a ball that won't have much impact. Widow, McCree, Ashe, basically all the hitscan with the D.Va nerf are gonna be the top picks.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
The fucking cat ears on Ana are dumb as hell. Takes the design from 10/10 to 7/10.

Please, stop with the furry ears and tails.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Fuck Emongg is annoying. Every sentence is filled with twitch speak. Thankfully Dafran has drops enabled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.