Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer was absolutely fucking sick, holy shit. Did not expect them to redo the opening like that. And they nailed every single character they could've chosen as expies for the Bebop crew.

I....I might have to buy them all, fuck, no.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like more and more people are joining that thread about getting account locked with no reason. Man, this is ruining my daily grind. Wish they fixed how their verification works.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks neat. Cowboy Bebop never really clicked well with me, but I did watch it many years ago. Maybe I'll try it again. They should have lined this up with the netflix show for max hype.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they keep shifting gears.

Have they though? If anything the devs seem to be moving in a direction of trying to make the game more competitive, more skill based.

They made a huge change to the core game and I think they're letting people sit with it for a while and figure things out before they start cutting characters down too much.

I'm of the opinion Moira is one of those characters that switches between trash and good depending on what other characters are being played, but she's not oppressive. Too easy to play? Maybe, but there's other characters like that too. I don't mind some characters being more accessible.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
At the time the OPM collab arrived, it took a few hours for me to see someone wearing the Doom skin.

I'm predicting it will take 5 minutes to happen the same on this update. And being pessimistic about it.

Trailer is so damn cool, looking forward to skins i will probably not buy and be jealous about people having them.

fixing ranger

Aug 24, 2021
At the time the OPM collab arrived, it took a few hours for me to see someone wearing the Doom skin.

I'm predicting it will take 5 minutes to happen the same on this update. And being pessimistic about it.

Trailer is so damn cool, looking forward to skins i will probably not buy and be jealous about people having them.

Probably more than 5 because their payment processing servers will crash (I think they did for the previous collab). But I imagine we'll see Cass/Ashe with these skins near every game for a while, helps that they are in a good spot rn.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
Probably more than 5 because their payment processing servers will crash (I think they did for the previous collab). But I imagine we'll see Cass/Ashe with these skins near every game for a while, helps that they are in a good spot rn.

Good point. But there will be people out there who manage to buy them first, so there is a chance, if minimal, of such predict to happen for me, hahahah. Or people adding
funds upfront, or spending their WOW ones, to get the skins at first spot.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
sick trailer for the cowboy bebop collab

still have to see how the skins actually look in game, but i believe in the ow art team to deliver

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
sick trailer for the cowboy bebop collab

still have to see how the skins actually look in game, but i believe in the ow art team to deliver

The only one I'm worried about them executing on is the Spike Cass skin. Spike is such a lanky character and Cass is practically a squat wall in comparison.

Based on prior skins that tried to make him more "youthful" I'm definitely worried about this one.

The other skins should be slam dunks.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
They cooked with the Bebop collab.

So funny to see people shit on the OW franchise while begrudgingly giving them props lol.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Surprised that Illari wasn't mentioned she's been considered the worst support along with Mercy.

Next QP hacked will allow for 2 of the same character in each role. Return of double tracer, double Lucio, Winston comps.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I can't say I had an issue with the healing reduction set to 20%. Felt like it was effective at doing its job.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I just put aside $70 aside for the skins. These will the first skins I buy in this game. Made by people who were likely laid off. I hate this industry.

Bebop is one of my favs so I can't pass it up.
I thought we were all in agreement that seesaw balancing that mostly just exists to shake the game up was a mistake and we should balance based on some kind of core principles.

Moira was bad for a long time because a character with a low mechanical input required to get value also having a low output made sense. The game is more fun when they follow that general input = output design philosophy. I don't know why they keep shifting gears.
Well, the OW fanbase is never all in agreement on anything. There are people who think 6v6 open queue should've never left.

OW balance feels arbitrary, it's more flavor of the month than anything, but it will always be whack to me when characters are free value and powerful in any game. Same way it bothers people when Doom or Hog are meta. It just doesn't feel good for the game. People are free to like it or prefer if they want.

This is suppodley the version of OW that toned down the MOBA aspects and tuned up the FPS part but that just depends on where you look.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
"Double Trouble" QP Hacked sounds way less disruptive and obnoxious than Quicker Play was. It's a change that adds to the game without taking anything away, which is the way to do things if you're going to be replacing an entire game mode for a period of time.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
"Double Trouble" QP Hacked sounds way less disruptive and obnoxious than Quicker Play was. It's a change that adds to the game without taking anything away, which is the way to do things if you're going to be replacing an entire game mode for a period of time.
It's certainly an interesting idea however all I'm anticipating is double Kiriko comps. Not sure I think introducing mirror heroes into the balancing pot that already is volatile enough is the best idea.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

On the other hand, is it actually a worthwhile experiment like the last one?

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i would wait and see what kind of comps/strats emerge before i say this

like think of the strongest abilities in the game like res or suzu and imagine a team that can essentially cycle them that can happen twice as often

im down for it for a fun shitpost mode but i expect it'll wear out its welcome quick like quicker play did

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
They should get even weirder with QP hacked, try one where its MOBA-like hero selection with draft pick heroes and get locked in for the round. But I guess that would need actual dev work so probably too much for a silly QP event

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Double discord? Double immortality field? Two Pharahs that your team can't deal with? Two Torb turrets that no one on your team will destroy? 😂

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
I think dps meta is the worst meta. Most dps mains trip over their own shoes because they tie them together. No one wants to play tank but hey let's make sure we sell more battle passes.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had some crazy bad qp rounds so i went into comp. Got my final support placement with more elims than anyone else on the server.

Gold 5 is where i ended up, but i know i should have won a few more of those games. Comp really does feel different than qp, and mostly in better ways. I just have to get used to helping facilitate the slight bit more collaboration.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Had two back to back stomps in my favor playing comp today. Got all my daily challenges done with these two so I decided to call it. Felt like legit busted matchmaking with the way the opponents were playing.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Even more people are reporting they're getting account locked with no ability to verify. My
second Support ticket has no response yet. It's actually taking longer than my first ticket.

A Blizzard agent responded to two threads about it in the OW forums so they're aware. Here's hoping this gets a fix soon before Bebop event comes out.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Even more people are reporting they're getting account locked with no ability to verify. My
second Support ticket has no response yet. It's actually taking longer than my first ticket.

A Blizzard agent responded to two threads about it in the OW forums so they're aware. Here's hoping this gets a fix soon before Bebop event comes out.
Are you not able to play the game at all? I never heard of this bug. Console, right?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Are you not able to play the game at all? I never heard of this bug. Console, right?

Cannot play at all. It says my account is locked when I try to log in. Tried PS5, Xbox and Steam. We're supposed to get a verification link in the game when that happens to verify it's us but nothing pops up.

This bug seems new cuz when I was locked out before, I was able to verify with Steam, It happened this week and coincidentally, they had maintenance so I dunno if that was the cause. But yep, SOL atm with a lot of other people.

Edit: Looks like Blizzard has acknowledged this in the EU OW forums. But can't get into details. At least they are aware and posted some comments about it. We're still stuck being directed to Support for help which is frustrating.

Last edited:

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
Questions for those of you with VRR and 120FPS TVs, what graphics mode on ps5 or xbox are you playing this on and why?

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
The car & racing scene loves weird-ass crossovers. Remember Danica Patrick being a character in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
Thank god they buffed nade and Mauga Cardio. I was tired of trying to play them and getting stomped because most of my teams are all over the place.

And Doom is going SSS+++ tier with the patch. Regen and that amount of damage on ult is just insane. Hope they buff Rein in some way too.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
YES, CSR finally jumped into that thread I was in to let us know they are investigating the issue. Told people not to send anymore support tickets cuz they can't help with it atm. Finally acknowledged!

IMG_7877.png