Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Here is a Q&A with an Outriders dev:
wccftech.com

Outriders Q&A - Game Was Delayed in Order to Be Fair to Players; Devs Want to Expand Enoch Post-Launch

Just ahead of the release of the Outriders demo, we were able to interview the folks at People Can Fly to learn more about the game.

I'm wondering if they stated the game isn't GAAS because they don't know if they are going to support it after launch. If the game is a flop then there is not reason to keep providing content, they didn't lock themselves into it. If the game is a hit they can just put out expansions. I'm an expansions guy anyway, I think that is because I grew up playing MMO's.
In the interview I posted the dev had this to say:
There are no microtransactions within Outriders. What was the choice to decide to go that way versus maybe putting in a Battle Pass or something similar?

Piotr Nowakowski:
Well, I will say we decided to go the old school approach where we were just doing the game and giving it to the players, not thinking about the microtransactions, game passes and things like that. At some point, it was easier for us to think about our game that way. Just delivering the whole product. We are calling that the old-school approach. We are aware that most games right now approach that differently but we believe players will like that approach. Of course, it doesn't close for us the option in the future to just add content but not like a microtransaction or game passes, more like the bigger components that can come if players will be interested want to go deeper into our world, play in that world. We love what we have created and Enoch is the world that we want to build on and add additional elements for that, but not as a form of microtransactions or game passes. It's just a different mindset when we think about the game.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So it is just play though the story and then that is it?
After the campaign, there are 14 more missions called "expeditions" that are less story focused and more gameplay, time trial for loot, make a great build and beat them focused.
But yeah, if you saw all the content and don''t want to replay stuff and tinker with your builds: that's it.
It's a game you can play from start to finish and then just put down.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

After the campaign, there are 14 more missions called "expeditions" that are less story focused and more gameplay, time trial for loot, make a great build and beat them focused.
But yeah, if you saw all the content and don''t want to replay stuff and tinker with your builds: that's it.
Thanks, looks good. Still on the fence as there will be a $90 canadian price tag

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Hopefully jumping into this with friends tonight. I'll do some grinding in Destiny 2 while it downloads later I think. Are we expecting the demo option to appear on steam at 5pm (UK Time) exactly or a little before?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
here the new official screen
EvExWQZXcAIrYu6

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
that would be refreshing, let's see

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
So from this
  • Xbox Series X: 4K 60fps
  • Xbox Series S 1080P 30fps
  • Xbox One X: 4K 30fps
  • Xbox One: 1080P 30fps

• To Xbox serie s 4k60fps ? Same as serie x and ps5 ? I can understand 4k30 or 1080-1440p60 but 4k60 this is awkward

Awkward is when you see your girlfriend's ex at a party unexpectedly and you both know that you were sleeping with her before they broke up and you're in that weird period where you're both kind of over it but at the same time there's still lingering feelings of betrayal and jealousy.

This is just unusual.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I bit janky/needs polish - but so far, really liking the world building and combat.

This server maintenance is annoying though, has to be done I guess.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
I'm concerned the Series S has too many pixels and too many frames.

I'll admit I haven't played many "Games as a Service" games, but those I have played always come off as either being unfinished base games that "get patched" over the first few weeks or months of the initial launch into what used to be considered a release candidate state only to start milking with not necessarily just microtransactions (that I ignore anyway), but the "new content" that sometimes is "free" (stuff that would have already been in the base game years ago) and just keep stretching it out over the proceeding months or even years until finally a true content update happens.

Personally, I prefer paid expansions. At least that way I'm not playing the same game that was already boring after the fifth "update" and can do other things if I get tired of the game only to return when it feels fresh again.

This appeals to me! I was not very excited about the game, but "here's what we consider a fully featured game" will make me quite interested if it reviews well.

Last edited:

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting response to having a ping system for players to communicate. In the interview, they say it's not in there due to technical / legal things. Curious if the Apex ping system is patented. I know Fortnite has something similar...curious why you couldn't implement a system like this.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Interesting response to having a ping system for players to communicate. In the interview, they say it's not in there due to technical / legal things. Curious if the Apex ping system is patented. I know Fortnite has something similar...curious why you couldn't implement a system like this.
I see him talking about ingame chat, not a ping system though?

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Can't figure out if cross progress is active in the demo. I'd like to start from the beginning on both XSX and PS5 to play with different friend groups, but my accounts are already linked to each other.

Is it like Destiny and you can create a new character and start from scratch?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can't figure out if cross progress is active in the demo. I'd like to start from the beginning on both XSX and PS5 to play with different friend groups, but my accounts are already linked to each other.

this is what it says:
You will be able to transfer your progress if you play the main game on the same platform account (Platforms are PlayStation / Xbox / Steam)

So you can not move progress from Xbox to PS or the other way around. You have 3 distinct "ecosystems".

And yes you can make new characters but you also don't have to.
You can move the "story timeline" at any points, going back and forth to play with others/replay things.

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
At the same time they've let Xur sell the same damn Warlock glove for 3 out of 4 weeks when the game first launched.
You didn't want all those sunbreakers? :P
I'm wondering if they stated the game isn't GAAS because they don't know if they are going to support it after launch. If the game is a flop then there is not reason to keep providing content, they didn't lock themselves into it. If the game is a hit they can just put out expansions.
They basically said exactly this in the interview:

Piotr Nowakowski: In general, our goal was to deliver the complete package for the release and when talking about the things that may come later, it really depends on the players. How they will react, if they will be interested, if we will build a huge player base, we have the ideas, of course, but for now, there's nothing we can promise and say we are doing things that will kill him. If people will be interested, then we have some ideas on how to develop it further. But it's more like adding new elements than adding the things that are missing from the game that we have right now.

One question: Have they confirmed whether or not there will be cross-progression? i.e. Can I play on Steam for a bit, then when my back starts aching from my crappy office chair, slump on my couch and keep playing the same character on my Xbox Series X?

There is no cross-save/cross progression at all, in the demo or the full game, except between the console generations on the same platform (so, PS4 and PS5). There is full crossplay, but you will only have access to your characters on one platform (or, you'll have separate characters if you get it on more than one).

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get platform logo's next to people their names. I always like to see that when a game has full crossplay haha

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Hope we get platform logo's next to people their names. I always like to see that when a game has full crossplay haha

its against Sony and Microsoft TCR rules to have the competitor's logo displayed
That's why logos are generic "console" or "Pc" logo and not MS or Sony logo on other plateforme

However TCR also requires logo (albeit generic) to be displayed so you'll have them for sure.
source : worked on crossplay and TCR is a fuckin pain :D