• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
With Activision taking a more hands-on role in Blizzard's affairs, they will be releasing more games to increase revenue.

Obviously Diablo 4 is on the top of everyone's mind but Blizzard but let's put that aside for now and think of what else they could make.

I would like to see Blizzard's take on the battle royale genre. It can be through existing IPs like Overwatch or something new. I think a Diablo battle royale game would be an interesting idea but no one wants to see that before Diablo 4. Apex Legends shows us that there is a lot more to explore in this genre.

I would also like Blizzard make a Smash clone. They have a massive pool of characters to pull from and their keen attention to detail in gameplay would really shine here. The market for this kind of game is wide open on non-Nintendo platforms and it is proven to be very lucrative.

What would you like to see?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
World of Warcraft 2. Probably would be the most challenging and expensive thing they could take on too.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I know it's their signature but what ever it is I'd be a lot more interested if they mixed up the art style a bit. I'm a bit tired of the blizzard-look.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
wow2 announcement would probably make them into a trillion dollar company instantly

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
There were job listings pointing towards a battlefield style shooter set in the Starcraft universe. Hope that hasn't been canceled, cause that's something I never knew I wanted till I heard about it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
World of Warcraft 2. Probably would be the most challenging and expensive thing they could take on too.
I'd love to see it. I feel like they've learned so much from WoW and the various expansions that a fresh start could be very interesting.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
In order of preference.

Diablo reboot
Diablo 2 Remake ala RE2 Remake
Diablo 4
Warcraft 4
Starcraft Ghost

Please Blizzard

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think they should make Diablo 4. I don't think they could make a better Diablo than 2. Just remaster 2.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
-something with Overwatch
-battle royale game
-Overwatch on Switch
-exclusive Nintendo game (impossible af, but it would be awesome)

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
What would the setting of a WoW 2 even be, to make it different enough from just another WoW expansion? Seems like if they do another MMO, they'd need to make it in a different universe, maybe Diablo or something entirely new

Oct 25, 2017
Fighters of the Storm

eo9UMKR.png

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Starcraft looter shooter to fill in the void left by Destiny

For the love of Aiur do something with Starcraft

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Starcraft Ghost commissioned from Platinum Games.

I don't think I have any faith in internal Activision-Blizzard dev teams to make a game that isn't rushed or creatively stifled, though.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
A huge variant of a Big Game Hunter map as an RTS variant of a BR game.

But really, if it were as easy to name a game they should make, Blizzard would have done it.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WoW 2 will never happen. Each expansion goes through an engine upgrade so you are getting the basics of a new game each expansion. A literal WoW 2 would look like current WoW.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I know they make WoW expansions, but how has there not been a completely new Warcraft game in over a decade?

Difficult to weave in a new RTS game without screwing up the storyline of present and future expansions.

Let's say that they planned to release an RTS after this expansion as a way to bridge the story between BFA and whatever comes next. Now lets say the RTS game gets delayed. Well shit. Can't release the new expansion because it ruins the RTS.

If the expansions were 3 years cycles instead of 2, it might be a bit easier.

Blizzard backed themselves into a corner with Warcraft.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I'm kinda over Blizzard making anything that includes their writing.

Make another game in the vein of Overwatch, but shift the genre again. Just keep the story out.

Theta

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
They're making a StarCraft shooter right now. Write it down. You heard it here.
To be fair, they did tried to release a Starcraft shooter in 2002 by the name of Starcraft: Ghost, in which it features Nova as the protagonist. But it was cancelled in 2005 after Blizzard acquired Swingin' Ape Studios (who were task to develop the game after Nihlistic Software ceased its development).