• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure it's been recommended a good amount already, but my favorite is What We Do in the Shadows. Both the movie and show are great. It's one of the most delightfully absurd and fantastical mockumentaries out there, which is probably why I love it so much. I can't wait for season 2 of the show!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
The vast majority of scenes in Peep Show are viewed from first-person perspective of the characters, so naturally a lot of the speaking is done to the "camera".

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, the film that popularized this sort of fourth wall breaking for the sake of comedy was probably Best Picture winner Tom Jones.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Better Off Ted is super funny, takes place in an office (of basically the most cheerfully evil tech company ever) and the main character talks directly to the camera all the time. It also has Portia de Rossi of Arrested Development fame as the main character's boss.

Fuck yeah Better of Ted.

Deserved a lot more seasons.