• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Save us Randy!

randy_rainbow_headshot_0.jpg

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about the host, but I'm actually pissed off that they cuting some of the technical categories out of the telecast.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
There was a reddit thread recently about having the muppets host as sort of a Muppet Show variety hour type thing, muppets on stage, in the audience, doing crazy stuff backstage. Sounded absolutely wild and something people would tune in for. They should definitely consider this; maybe too soon for this year but next time.

Should have called The Muppets.

Nobody has tuned into anything regarding Muppets in a long time. They had one do a sketch at the Video Game Awards, it was a mess.

Just do the show online and stop wasting everyone's time. Take as long as you want.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only would I second the Muppets hosting next year, I think there's a real shot of it happening if this year's no host experiment flops. Disney/ABC would be insane to not insist on it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to watch award shows now, I can't help thinking it's a circle jerk of assholes and worse with a few nice people..maybe.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'd totally watch an Oscars hosted by The Muppets. And I never watch the Oscars.
Course that would mean Disney is technically hosting the Oscars and that is too cyberpunk for my taste, lol

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets are a good idea but might still be controversial after those old tweets Fozzie Bear made

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be just as corny without a host. Expect the Spiderverse guys to have cutoff music playing during their tearful acceptance speech just to segue into some dumb shit like Anne Hathaway visiting Wakanda or something.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
Give me $20 and a beer and I'll do it.

Actually just get these guys to do it.
dylqqIM.png

Nah, these guys are just a bunch of hack frauds.

Hopefully this decision can help trim a fair amount of time off of the proceedings, but I have my doubts. The show has seemed to barely hang by a thread on technical level when I've watched, so I worry that not having a host will cause everything to fall apart. That might be fun to watch too though.

jumpsnax

Alt account
Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Host or no host, for my well being I will not watch the Oscars.

It'll put me in a coma if I watch more than 10 minutes.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Muppets are a good idea but might still be controversial after those old tweets Fozzie Bear made

You know what "Wakka wakka" is code for right?

Blitzball rocks!

So the Oscars should just cancel the thanking part of the speeches and simply let people soapbox for 60 seconds each. Make the thanking part an online option that people can watch online after the show. The winner will say something meaningful for everyone to hear then head backstage to gush and thank to their hearts content to a camera (acting!!!) and then that "bonus online content!" Is uploaded after the show as "back stage 'insider' content" for those who want to see the guts of the show and love the experience of each winners emotional gamut (for free). Mic every nominee, and turn the mics on the moment it is announced that they've won so that people can hear and live the experience for themselves.

I'm enjoying a drink, :p

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
They should get Ricky Gervais and truly unleash him. Let him do whatever he wants. Let it all BURN. Will be awesome for the ratings and social media views etc.