• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
giphy.gif

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was stopping them from expelling Polanski anytime before?

"Expelling members" wasn't really a thing until now, if you read the OP. It's not like this is a move they'd been holding off on, this is a move they basically invented for Weinstein and are now starting to flex.

Feb 1, 2018
User banned (1 week): Downplaying rape and child abuse with a drive-by post, history of similar behavior.
Whatever, Chinatown is still one of the greatest movies about LA

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Can't help but feel bad for Carmine to be grouped with a bunch of scumbags.

Feels like he should get a "*Not a rapist" by his name.

Oct 27, 2017
So they expelled Carmine Caridi for giving out screener copies that were then pirated, but kept in Polanski all these years. It took Weinstein and Cosby to incite a change, so now you're only four expelled members are three rapists and a leaker of screener copies.

Great fucking priorities, Academy.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This thread is really hard to read, God damn. Read the damn OP before posting in it, and leave Tom Hanks alone!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Polanski expulsion is long deserved. I don't know why the fuck so many in Hollywood clung to his defense, you couldn't even cling to a flimsy "we don't really know what happened" defense, he already admitted to what happened!

I get your sentiment but movies are way more culturally significant and far-reaching than american sportsball

I take it you're not American then

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I get your sentiment but movies are way more culturally significant and far-reaching than american sportsball
I don't understand your post. You came into a thread about Polanski seeing a long overdue albeit small consequence of his heinous actions and said "Whatever." That's like going into a similar thread about Jerry Sandusky and saying "Whatever, Penn State football is still awesome."

I'm saying you're the type of guy that sees a topic about a child rapist and comes in to post "Whatever."

Think about that.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Good on expelling Cosby, but it's fucking pathetic it took until me too to expel a child rapist.
Should've been common sense to expell him the second he fled the country, but nah we're gonna applaud him instead SMH.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Weinstein next maybe? I mean, the guy has a pretty storied history at this point with a lot of people basically corroborating one another. Why the hold up here?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's wierd that apparently piracy from academy screeners is on the level of serial/child rapist now, lol.

I know getting kicked out is getting kicked out, but it sucks that Carmine has to be grouped in any way with these dicks.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Long overdue with Polanski. A talented little shit.

You know, Tarantino got a lot of shit for his "devils advocate" comments about Polanski on Howard Stern. We need to be giving shit to all the people that have actively supported (producer,actors etc) him over the years.

Confused Nicolas Cage always cracks me up
He's got that deer in the headlight look of someone who knows how much of a shitstorm he'd be in if he didn't clap and still doesn't really want to do it.

We are truly in a different age, but I do expect that we'll see some grumbling about Polanski's expulsion in the near future from someone high up on the ladder that should have already known better by now.