• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's a Brian K Vaughn comic, it's... OK. I have no idea how he got to be such a revered author.
He's the only English-language comic book author I care about... Y the Last Man is an absolute masterwork.

I did not keep up with Ex Machina but enjoyed what I remember.. it's been a very long time since I read any of it though. Very interested in this especially if Legendary are producing -- they won't hold back on budget.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
That's really good casting. Ex Machina wasn't phenomenal or anything but Isaac will kill it in that role.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know how you do this in a way that doesn't feel really really saccharine and awful.

In the first issue it is revealed he BIG SPOILER
Stopped the second plane from hitting the second tower on 9/11
at the time it was kind of cathartic and interesting.

I am not sure how it plays now

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Title confusion aside, he's a magnificent choice for the role.

That was a hell of a cool comic book.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Was so confused but...

I will watch most things with Oscar Isaac. I have a big ol' celeb crush on him at the moment, so more Oscar, the better!

Oct 27, 2017
You're right no one bothers to overrate Ex Machina
3USgt2g.gif

I really don't know how you do this in a way that doesn't feel really really saccharine and awful.

In the first issue it is revealed he BIG SPOILER
Stopped the second plane from hitting the second tower on 9/11
at the time it was kind of cathartic and interesting.

I am not sure how it plays now
The same way any alternate reality/superhero story plays? No one batted an eye when the Xmen were involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis in First Class, or when it was implied Magneto curved the bullet that killed Kennedy in DOFP

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
The same way any alternate reality/superhero story plays? No one batted an eye when the Xmen were involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis in First Class, or when it was implied Magneto curved the bullet that killed Kennedy in DOFP

I would say those are distant enough to resonate less or to cause less of a stir

Oct 27, 2017
I would say those are distant enough to resonate less or to cause less of a stir
9/11 was almost 20 years ago. There are adults now that were born after it. Not to mention even shows that had similar imagery (Cowboy Bebop for instance had an episode that was pulled from air for having terrorists attack a skyscraper) have long since been airing again

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
First I thought this was a Terrible LTTP bump..
Then when I saw this thread is from Today I GOT EXCITED because I thought It might be for a sequel announcement.

*sigh* good one OP.

am I'm proud to say I bought the 4K HDR Version of the movie as soon as it released.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Isaac will do great in the role. (I really enjoyed the Ex Machina comic.)

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Maybe if this does well, we can get a Saga treatment
I feel like HBO could do a killer job with Saga. I will admit that I've found that it's been a bit underwhelming as of late.. it felt to me like it was dragging along a bit although obviously there was a huge plot development at the end of the recent book. Anxious for the hiatus to end though to see what happens next.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Oscar Isaac fucking LOVES machinas. He listens to Machina and wears Machina and the only game he plays is Deus Ex Machina.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The first time I saw Ex Machina I had no idea it was him. What a film that was.