• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great news.

e64e14a7-1871-4629-bulkax.jpeg

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking love Oscar Isaac but I would've thought they've wanted someone slightly younger like in their mid 30's or late 30's.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
This is their way of evolving/growing the MCU beyond Endgame. People keep asking how they'll do it, and the Disney+ route seems to be it.

The problem people keep referring to even streaming-exclusive series as "TV series" which has its own connotations and expectations. People start expecting the time and budget constraints you'd expect from syndicated programming, the kind you see in series like Agents of SHIELD and the CW-verse.

You'd think people would've learned better from Mandalorian but alas.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The problem people keep referring to even streaming-exclusive series as "TV series" which has its own connotations and expectations. People start expecting the time and budget constraints you'd expect from syndicated programming, the kind you see in series like Agents of SHIELD and the CW-verse.

I mean with Wandavision I'm basically expecting a 6 hour movie that has more time for character development and interesting divisive plots.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Worth noting- MK doesn't really have a supporting cast. The "supporting cast" is actually his other identities. That's why they had to get a capital-A Actor for this- a good chunk of the show is going to be Isaac talking to himself.

He does, they're just not terribly well known. They weren't around in the Ellis run but they were a big part of the Lemire run that followed.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
At least now we know someone that worked with Boyega is fine with getting Disney Plused. 😏🤣

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Mmm more Oscar Isaac please 🙏 I have the biggest celeb crush on him, he seems so down to earth and cool.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
god I fucking hope his costume is comic book accurate. Plz don't taskmaster-ify it either. BRIGHT White cape. Or fuck off.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Is Oscar Isaac the most charming man alive? Like, whether he's playing a soulful sadboy, or a lovable scoundrel, or a type A sociopath, he's always likeable.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Moon Knight is going to blow up even more than it would, now with Oscar Isaac portraying.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Personally not interested but worth of note how a lot of our ("our" -> North American) current best film stars get sucked into the super hero genre sooner or later. He's also doing the The Card Counter and playing Coppola in another film so all good with me!

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Better than Daniel Radcliffe, but in a perfect world this would be Robert Pattinson.

RadiantDan

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan
Huh, I thought he was done working with Disney after TROS.

Anyway, super hyped! Been a Moon Knight fan for a while and it's about time he broke into the mainstream.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Good casting. Hadn't thought of him. Pretty funny and also awesome that Moon Knight is about to become main stream.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Shame mjolnir was destroyed, would have loved a scene where he was all....I can control your hammer because it was made with moon rocks!

Oscar is great casting, I wanted him as Mister Miracle so bad.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Wonder if this show is going to be a period piece? We don't really know when this and Blade will be set.

Cool. I've legit never seen him sans helmet and I've only ever seen him in crossover stuff so I know nothing about him beyond the fact he's basically Marvel Batman.

I feel like Daredevil is deserving of that spot. But I suppose Moon Knight is an alternate Batman from a purely thematic standpoint.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Daredevil is deserving of that spot. But I suppose Moon Knight is an alternate Batman from a purely thematic standpoint.

I always consider Daredevil different from Bats because Matt actually has superpowers. I always kind of figured MK was a regular human with a shitload of training. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, not in the comics I read but that was decades ago, so it's either changed or I didn't get that it was a joke at the time. I don't think so though, it's more like... if Batman had multiple personality disorder who may or may not have actually been empowered by an Egyptian moon god. It changes from writer to writer, I believe, whether he actually has divine powers or the Khonshu personality is so strong it actually gives him a form of hysterical strength.

But like I said, last time I read a comic was decades ago so anyone more familiar can feel free to correct me. In fat, please do.

It's gone back and forth alot and it's been basically written in why since it's because of his fragile and messed up mental state and because Khonshu is clearly real. He's manifested himself several times to others, taken over Marc even and granted power and it's been explained that he gives and takes from Marc depending on his faith. Marc has been driven mad by the precense of a god in him along with actually dying several times now and being resurrected by this god's power. He's mostly been power free since the late early 90s though, which is when Marc went full faith in his god so he was gifted magical artifacts and powers by Khonshu. But since then Marc's life has been a mess and he began to go nuts, so he's not been granted much power at all anymore, and his allegiance to Khonshu has been an ongoing battle in the last decade. But he hasn't really had powers for a long time outside some random bits of miracles that his god bestows on him once in a while for some reason, because Marc basically denies fully giving into Khonshu anymore.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's gone back and forth alot and it's been basically written in why since it's because of his fragile and messed up mental state and because Khonshu is clearly real. He's manifested himself several times to others, taken over Marc even and granted power and it's been explained that he gives and takes from Marc depending on his faith. Marc has been driven mad by the precense of a god in him along with actually dying several times now and being resurrected by this god's power. He's mostly been power free since the late early 90s though, which is when Marc went full faith in his god so he was gifted magical artifacts and powers by Khonshu. But since then Marc's life has been a mess and he began to go nuts, so he's not been granted much power at all anymore, and his allegiance to Khonshu has been an ongoing battle in the last decade. But he hasn't really had powers for a long time outside some random bits of miracles that his god bestows on him once in a while for some reason, because Marc basically denies fully giving into Khonshu anymore.
Which could all make a fun arc for the show as they could play with those aspects and powers

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I always consider Daredevil different from Bats because Matt actually has superpowers. I always kind of figured MK was a regular human with a shitload of training. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Daredevil is also kind of a hero in his daily alter ego as his lawyer self, one of the dynamics of Daredevil which was his alter ego was very vital to his character at all times and not just some hinderance or his "daily life" when he didn't want to be a hero.... Matt was always a hero.

Moon Knight currently in modern books is essentially just a rich and well trained bad ass, essentially a batman. He has bouts of dealing with god powers cause he's got the Egyptian God of Vengeance pretty much in him. In Civil War for example the god took over Marcs body and used it to terrorize and get Marc accepted into the Avengers initiative without Marc even knowing. He's also basically healed Marc and brought him back from the dead... 3 times now? And other miraculous healing feats over the years

Dali

Oct 27, 2017

High quality limited series aren't anything new though. Not only the Mandalorian as you mentioned but, Netflix, HBO and Amazon have all done short run series of high quality. As long as they're mostly wrapping up the major plot points per season instead doing cliffhangers then any disappointment is all the fault of the viewer.