• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like an age since this first revealed but god I'm glad we're just days away, I can't wait!

Sorry if this has been asked before but was there any word on a rough game length? I'm wondering how many days / weeks I want to carve out for this beauty.

The last I heard, three times longer than the original.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Blind Forest relied heavily on 2d sprite animations which really added a lot of size, we were able to be a lot more efficient with the new 3d character pipeline. On top of that we have spent a lot of time optimizing the game for streaming so even though we're now running at 4k target we can still fit in a nice package. PC will be about 16 gigs uncompressed though.

Thanks for the update!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Super excited, originally planned on playing on Xbox game pass but I just had to support Microsoft with this game specifically and buy it right away on steam. Usually I wait for games to go on deep sale if I have it gamepass before buying it but couldn't do that here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Blind Forest relied heavily on 2d sprite animations which really added a lot of size, we were able to be a lot more efficient with the new 3d character pipeline. On top of that we have spent a lot of time optimizing the game for streaming so even though we're now running at 4k target we can still fit in a nice package. PC will be about 16 gigs uncompressed though.

Thanks for the clarification, very appreciated!

That does remind me of Tomas talking about optimization last year when I asked about the Switch version.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Currently playing for review on X, absolutely incredible so far, blowing my mind to be honest and it's a great challenge on Hard so far.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Really need to step up to a 1440P monitor for this game. It should look amazing on my rig. So happy this is coming to Games Pass.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight is much harder and longer than the original Ori it has a similar achievement. I will never attempt it lol.

That Hollow Knight achievement is easily cheesable, but even legit it's pretty doable. There's other way harder achievements in that lol.

The one in Ori was also cheesable (before the Definitive Edition changed it) by just copying your save to another save slot and loading from the previous save slot if you did die.

I agree in general though that type of achievement is annoying in anything that isnt purely an arcade game. There's always way too much downtime / time lost if you mess it up.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
thankfully nz is my actual region so despite games generally costing more here at least they release first

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Currently playing for review on X, absolutely incredible so far, blowing my mind to be honest and it's a great challenge on Hard so far.

I love challenges but I don't want this to be something I am "crawling" through dying a bunch of times to get through each part. Is hard a good challenge that still flows well.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I love challenges but I don't want this to be something I am "crawling" through dying a bunch of times to get through each part. Is hard a good challenge that still flows well.
Depends on your playstyle, really. I just had a good friend of mine complete the game on Hard Mode and telling me that he wished that was default (keep in mind that he's been playing the game for years...), but I think Hard Mode is very, very brutally difficult and people should play Normal Mode for their first playthrough. You take double the damage, Spirit Light costs are 50% more expensive, Escape Sequences are 25% tougher... Ori isn't the kinda game where Hard Mode is really what most gamers should play -> Normal Mode is!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Depends on your playstyle, really. I just had a good friend of mine complete the game on Hard Mode and telling me that he wished that was default (keep in mind that he's been playing the game for years...), but I think Hard Mode is very, very brutally difficult and people should play Normal Mode for their first playthrough. You take double the damage, Spirit Light costs are 50% more expensive, Escape Sequences are 25% tougher... Ori isn't the kinda game where Hard Mode is really what most gamers should play -> Normal Mode is!

Thank you!

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Great to hear early impressions are strong but I'm ducking out now, don't want to hear or see any more. It's pre-loaded on my Xbox and ready for Wednesday. It feels like 2020 in gaming starts with this.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Only a few more days left now. So looking forward to this ever since it was revealed.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
PC Pre-load is available!

i6lsegD.png

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
How is the unpacking speed of preloads on the windows store? Are they as terrible as on steam?

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Tidux posted something on twitter this morning about it not running very well on xbox one s saying it crashes a lot. I hope that the day one patch will alleviate this.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
This game is installed on my computer and it is killing me. Four more days!

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the game. I really, really enjoyed it. Took my time with sidequests and collectibles ( still have some stuff to do).