warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
I came home early today and this was at my front door :D

1c4vqiC.jpg

I'm prob going to wait for the day one patch before diving in though.

Probably a good idea, specially if you're not playing in an Xbox One X.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Pre-loaded on PC with Game Pass after enjoying the original on Switch, looking forward to it!

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
Hopefully there isn't a complete garbage level such as forlorn ruins in the sequel. I am at a point where I am dropping the game from pure frustration at shit level design .. who in the right mind did the level where you jump off from those gravity squares and hope you land correct? I mean it is mind boggling how bad it is imo. One millimeter in the game and you fall back and trial n error 2837437382 times. Fuck
Didn't have any issues there myself. Your being bad at the game doesn't make it bad level design

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully there isn't a complete garbage level such as forlorn ruins in the sequel. I am at a point where I am dropping the game from pure frustration at shit level design .. who in the right mind did the level where you jump off from those gravity squares and hope you land correct? I mean it is mind boggling how bad it is imo. One millimeter in the game and you fall back and trial n error 2837437382 times. Fuck
A lot of classic platformers are like that but are much much less forgiving with save points and you had lives so your run ended if you messed up a couple times.

I actually liked the trial and error in Ori cause it got you back in the game really quick and all my deaths felt like my own mistake.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
What's with the physical release on Wednesday instead of Tuesday? That's kinda weird, right?

surr

Oct 27, 2017
So psyched for this. Also have it preloaded on my new One X. Basically bought my Xbox just for this game! (though getting a free copy of Jedi Fallen Order with the One X wasn't bad as well!)

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Pre-ordered the CE, but I might not have time to play it until later, got a lot of catching up to do to get ready for FFVIIR. But I'll definitely finish it by the end of the year!

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Took me a while to figure out you can direct your path when falling, and it still took many a trial and error to get through the area. Game has some real issues with really frustrating moments.
Sounds like you just need to get better at the game. Being difficult or challenging (it's really not that difficult or challenging) does not mean it has issues.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Sounds like you just need to get better at the game. Being difficult or challenging (it's really not that hard) does not mean it has issues.

Well for a reference i have died 665 times on easy at 69% completion and playtime is 10 hours, that is how "good" i am at platformers like these.. I didnt even die 665 times first time i played Bloodborne which was my first foray into Souls type games.

Just reached Mt Horu and had no idea what to do and watched a YT video, nah man this is where i peace out lol.. waay too much frustrating moments in this level.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Well for a reference i have died 665 times on easy at 69% completion and playtime is 10 hours, that is how "good" i am at platformers like these.. I didnt even die 665 times first time i played Bloodborne which was my first foray into Souls type games.

Just reached Mt Horu and had no idea what to do and watched a YT video, nah man this is where i peace out lol.. waay too much frustrating moments in this level.
I wanna see how much I died now...

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Bloodborne deaths are pretty different considering you get set back so far each time and lose resources, while most of the time in Blind Forest its a few seconds back wherever you saved.
My complete playthrough of Celeste in comparison was around 8,000 deaths, and Ori on Hard was 300ish.

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Listening to the first track right now. The music is so good omg.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's another hour of gameplay from me - Review will be live tomorrow... Intrigued to see where the thread goes!

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that has played the 2nd game, are you allowed to say if the controls feel tighter than the 1st? I love Ori but it has a floaty feel to it, especially when jumping.

SoraanTribal

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before. If I have Game Pass, will I be able to play it right at midnight as if it were a digital copy I bought or does it happen at different times? Also, can I go ahead and pre-load it? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh for some reason, I thought the game was out at midnight tonight. It's actually out tomorrow? What time does it come out in EST?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need this game in my life. 2020 has been filled with so much negativity for myself and the world that I think a bit of colorful fun is just what I'm looking for.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Need this game in my life. 2020 has been filled with so much negativity for myself and the world that I think a bit of colorful fun is just what I'm looking for.
Damn, you're so right. It just looks so full of life and color and damn we could use some of that.

Vinyl news is awesome, might delay my CE purchase and jump on that instead.