RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT, great work! Easily my most anticipated title of the year, and though it feels like we've been waiting forever I think it'll be worth the wait. Congrats to Thomas and the entire team on what looks to be another great game!

Have we had any previews of what the art book from the CE looks like? Been thinking about picking it up.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The decade's first potential masterpiece draws near, march madness also begins here, Ori truly gonna bring the goods

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing internal yet:

The set looks incredibly sharp, really looking forward to picking mine up.

Thanks, it does look nice. I'd totally buy a larger standalone art book, but still might have to jump on this just to have it! Haven't bought a physical game in years, but thinking an exception can be made for Ori.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Can't wait to play the sequel to one of my top 3 most beautiful game I've played this generation!

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
omg I'm so excited. The first Ori is, in every way, one of the most beautiful games ever made. I legit have the 'kid on christmas eve' feels for this. :D

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Have the game preloaded on PC Gamepass and now I'm waiting for the collector's edition to ship out.

Almost time.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
So excited! Planning a trip to New Zealand with my Xbox to celebrate.

The first game was one of the best of the generation so I'm hyped for the sequel.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait! Preload is done... Good luck with the launch Moon Studios <3

Still debating picking up the CE just for the steelbook and art book.

Can someone point me to some high res art from the OP? I wouldn't mind updating my wallpapers.

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
Runs very decently. Got few freezes, but considering the fact that I'm playing on GTX 970 and old i5 4690K - it's understandable. The only downside is - I've got weird green "point" in the middle of the screen couple of times, had to reset the game to get rid of it. Easy to patch I guess.
Hmm. I wonder how my 780 and I7 950 will hold up. What resolution did you run it at? Aside from the freezes did you get a stable 60fps?

Last edited:

City 17

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only game I've pre-ordered in the past 3 years (bar KS backings), and I wanna go in blind, don't need reviews for this one.

Any news on the timing for Steam preload?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
thomasmahler I know you can't give many details on the exact finances BUT would it be more beneficial for the studio for me to buy the game through steam than playing it through gamepass? I have gamepass right now and I'm ready to play but I honestly think you guys deserve all the support you can get for making a great game and being such great voices in the industry.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update on the timer:

The reports of folks finishing the game in just 10 hours while "taking their time and not rushing" were suspicious and prompted us to look closer at our in game timer. We have investigated and confirmed that the timer is inaccurate in the current version. The timer was skipping any and all time spent in the menus (shards, map, weapon wheel, etc) as well as having precision loss over longer playthroughs. We estimate that over longer periods of time the timer might be up to 40% off.

The issue is fixed as of now and we're going to propagate the patch to make sure it gets into day1 on PC but we might not get there in time for day1 on Xbox. It will definitely land shortly after once the patch can pass certification.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I was late to the original but just completed it the other day; it was absolutely fantastic. I didn't like the escape sequences much but the rest was just beautiful to play. So looking forward to the sequel.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
thomasmahler I know you can't give many details on the exact finances BUT would it be more beneficial for the studio for me to buy the game through steam than playing it through gamepass? I have gamepass right now and I'm ready to play but I honestly think you guys deserve all the support you can get for making a great game and being such great voices in the industry.
I'm definitely curious about this as well, even though I know we're unlikely to get too many details. It is cool to see how much advertising they are getting from MS/GamePass and I really hope it gets played by tons of people. I'll be buying to support regardless.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i'm still annoyed by that huge regional price difference in my country...

It's 20 $ more than the regular price... the price of the collector basically...

So my only solution is buy a key from somewhere else

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria

Well, I certainly hope tons of people that wouldn't try Ori get to try it thanks to GamePass - We saw that with a lot of people on Blind Forest, folks that weren't into 2d games or Platformers who then tried Ori and were thrilled. So the more people play, the better. That said, every sale obviously helps us as a studio :)

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Cant wait for this game.

I played Ori back in 2017 and enjoyed it immensely.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
I remember the timer stopping when you're in the pause menu in Blind Forest, but the clock losing precision over time definitely should not happen lol
Pause menu is not the same as map/shard menus. I'm sure it still pauses at the pause menu with the options and such. Time you spent on the skill tree and map probably counted towards your play time in Blind Forest too, but I'm not sure

Edit: Just checked and the time you spend at the map menu does not count towards the timer in Blind Forest. But honestly, I think it's part of the gameplay and it should count, so I'm glad they changed it now for WotW; the time you spend playing the game will be more accurate. Also, I imagine we'll be spending a lot of time in the menus with all the quests and shards and whatnot, unlike in BF where the time you spent on the map and skill tree was not a lot. What I'm trying to get here is, the addition of the menu time shouldn't make Blind Forest and WotW less comparable in terms of play time

Last edited:

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Well, I certainly hope tons of people that wouldn't try Ori get to try it thanks to GamePass - We saw that with a lot of people on Blind Forest, folks that weren't into 2d games or Platformers who then tried Ori and were thrilled. So the more people play, the better. That said, every sale obviously helps us as a studio :)

Ok great, thanks for answering! Hope the next week is one of celebration!

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
Cancelled my Game Pass subscription (no other games on it that I wanted to play) and will instead be buying a Steam copy of the new Ori to support y'all :-) Really looking forward to it! Thanks to you and the team for all your hard work over the last 4 years!

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I have been a fan of platformers my whole life so... with that answer you convinced me. I had in mind playing it on Game Pass, but you deserve many many sales... another Steam one then!

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Gah, the game visually looks so damn good, and that soundtrack!