• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Got a bunch of areas at 95-98% completion and have no idea what I could be missing lol

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only person who really liked that escape section? best one in the game imo

I thought that part was incredible, definitely a highlight. No exaggeration, probably one of my favorite sequences in any platforming game ever.

Movement in general is so well done in this game, but dashing through those sandbags is just so fun.

PSA: If anyone enjoys the chase sequences in Ori and hasn't played Rayman Origins, you should fix that, it has some similar chase sequences that are just as well done.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll have some favorite tracks? I personally love how they work in concern with the game and dynamically shift, but there's some real stand-outs in isolation

My favorite single song is probably Luma Pools just from the reaction I had when I first went to that area. Will of the Wisps is generally more of a downer game so I appreciated a more upbeat setting with the song to match.

But also big ol spoilers

My favorite music related thing is probably just Kwolok in general, I love his theme and how they weave it into songs. First his area

Song's already great.

You meet him, you hear the same riff from before, but it's much more boisterous and impactful.

The theme BELONGS to this dude.

Then the luma pools stuff happens, and his role changes.

That same melody is creeping in, but it's a much more frantic song. This goes with the chase and the fight. Hell this whole song is fantastic, pretty sure it's weaving some of the main Ori theme in there too.

Then you beat the boss and get back up to him and hear this.

And there's that riff again.

That same riff you heard early in the game as an area backdrop. It hits another new emotion here, it's so well done in making his theme stand out and tie to what happens, but also just stand as good songs on their own.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All right, I finally found the part that's harder than the Ginsou Tree Escape

The Sand Worm Chase

gotta call it quits for the night, my wrists are starting to hurt.

In general, I'm not a fan of how Burrow works. The fact that it's perpetual motion can get really disorienting on M+K, and I have no idea how the bounces work.

I beat all the Spirit Trials, so I'm not gonna complain about the controls in general, but everything about the sand-related stuff just feels extra finicky.

Also, for the Cartographer's Protege achievement:

is there another map I can buy after the Sand Worm fight? Because I'm pretty sure I bought every single one he's got, and I didn't get the achievement yet.
Holy crap I cant imagine playing this game with m/kb

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
What are the best skills to purchase? There are a bunch I don't have (although I'm only 5-6 hours into the game). Just want to be sure I'm not missing out on a crucial one

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Strike is amazing, probably my favourite, but I did also get great use out of the standard bow late in the game where you can equip rapid fire and the other 2 shards relating to it. Burned through bosses health on hard difficulty faster than any other tool and it might be how people speedrun it.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got some time to play, I'm about 3 hours in on One X. I might be a prisoner of the moment and I'm less than half through but so far this is hands down one the best games I. Have. Ever. Played..it also might be the most gorgeous looking and sounding 2D game ever..just absolutely stunning in 4K.

Barring the HORRID intro frame rate, once the actual game starts the performance on X is fine IMO, sure there's some stutters but I'd be lying if I said it affected my gameplay or enjoyment at all (perhaps in later sections it might?) I certainly would welcome a patch that could make it rock solid 60..if that's possible.

Anywho that's enough gushing, just wanted to express my praise for Moon Studios.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Holy crap I cant imagine playing this game with m/kb
Except for the sand (because of the perpetual motion), it's very doable.

Speaking, of, those medicine balls made of sand should really have angle indicators on them like the grapple points do. Trying to judge that angle during a frantic aerial combo is the opposite of fun.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Just finished the game. Loved it just as much as the first, would of been even more if it weren't for occasional performance issues. Overall the game improved on every aspect when compared to the first game, it really is an amazing experience.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
So, this boss midway through is kicking my ass so bad.
the once good toad; second form is spanking me hard
I believe it might have something to do with me rushing, saving money as usual and not buying or earning upgrades but damn, combat had been so easy up until now.

The OST Is incredible, the game is beautiful and plays wonderfully but performance on One X is all over the place for no apparent reason, it gets really bad in spots. Hopefully the patch does improve things

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Finally got around to my first wips as I went into the depths to beat

Mora. Took a bit to really hit some good damage on her, but she was a fun fight. Music was fantastic btw.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I beat the game. Still not near 100% so I'll be going back since the platforming around the collectables is so fun.

Once the bugs and glitches are fixed, it's my only 10/10 game this generation. Music and visuals were my favorite this gen. Platforming puzzles and challenge were perfect and best against other platformers this gen. Action was well above average. Only area where Ori wasn't Elite was boss battles. They animated great with memorable looking characters but the actual fights were just ok.

Story caught me off guard. Excellent story telling for a game that used so little dialogue. Amazing emotionally impacting ending.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
Ya'll have some favorite tracks? I personally love how they work in concern with the game and dynamically shift, but there's some real stand-outs in isolation

The whole soundtrack is absolutely amazing from start to finish(or well, it is so far, and I'm sure it will only get better from where I am now), so it is really hard to pick a favorite
www.youtube.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Soundtrack - Ash and Bone

Big thanks to Xbox Game Studios for sending me a copy of this game.Official Soundtrack composed by the talented artist, Gareth Coker.Support the talented art...
I got teary-eyed by how beautiful this track was when I first heard it, especially the part between 2:17 and 3:14, so maybe it for the time being?

Oct 28, 2017
So, this boss midway through is kicking my ass so bad.
the once good toad; second form is spanking me hard
I believe it might have something to do with me rushing, saving money as usual and not buying or earning upgrades but damn, combat had been so easy up until now.

The OST Is incredible, the game is beautiful and plays wonderfully but performance on One X is all over the place for no apparent reason, it gets really bad in spots. Hopefully the patch does improve things

I was struggling with this boss as well, but changed some of my shards out to do more damage rather than the utility build I had been rolling with since the start (triple jumps, auto pick up, more light orbs)

I had 5 slots and went with:

Resilience (30 %)

Finesse

Wingclip

Last Stand

The way I ended up doing it was to pound him with arrows and bash the yellow blobs back at them when I could in the first phase. Pick up the energy as soon as it spawns and heal as much as possible especially right before the arena is flooded. In the last phase I just dashed below him in the water back and forth and out of the water at each side and kept pounding him with arrows. Big difference in dps from first attempts.Got the achievement for beating him in under two minutes as well.

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
I wonder when we can expect the patch to hit. It is supposed to be this week, but I wonder if it's earlier or later in the week

flyingsaucer

Feb 28, 2020
what does hard mode change over normal?
You take 2x the damage, stuff is more expensive, chase sequences are 25% harder... Not sure if I'm missing anything. I recommend hard mode if you're experienced with this type of game, and don't mind the challenge. Though I'm not that far into the game yet(about 1/3 I think), so my opinion might be misleading depending if there are steep difficulty spikes later on in the game, but I am very happy with my choice so far

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I was struggling with this boss as well, but changed some of my shards out to do more damage rather than the utility build I had been rolling with since the start (triple jumps, auto pick up, more light orbs)

Thanks!
5 slots ? Yeah I only have 3 shards slots still, 4 energy cells and basically no upgrades besides hammer and that power you can use to convert energy to vitality.

Combat has been fairly easy until now but now I guess it's time to go back for some shopping and side quests.
How do I get more slots for shards btw?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I guess my next destination is the sand region.
Just beat the spider thing.
Reading all these comments about its difficulty, I'm kind of scared. With some few exceptions (basically, From Software games), I have almost 0 patience for getting stuck/multiple tries.

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
Finished it 100% last night (even uncovered all the map areas 100%, which the
map stone you get at the end of the Hand to Hand quest
helped with a lot).

An absolutely wonderful experience that was sadly tainted by the decision to release the game before it was finished. Was playing on 1X, and it was constantly pausing for about a second at a time throughout. Also (this is less problemmatic, but still annoying) several achievements, including the one for completing the game, weren't awarded.

Some of the bosses (especially the last one) and escape sequences were pretty gruelling, and exacerbated by the kind of obnoxious amount of screen shake they used in a few places (would have appreciated an option to tone it down, or turn it off, like Celeste had).

Okay, got five days to kill before Doom Eternal comes out - another playthough, I think!

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
You take 2x the damage, stuff is more expensive, chase sequences are 25% harder... Not sure if I'm missing anything. I recommend hard mode if you're experienced with this type of game, and don't mind the challenge. Though I'm not that far into the game yet(about 1/3 I think), so my opinion might be misleading depending if there are steep difficulty spikes later on in the game, but I am very happy with my choice so far

thanks. i'll play on hard, enough people have mentioned it being a bit easier on normal than they expected so this shouldn't be too bad.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Because of my cancelled trip I actually had a lot more time to play on the weekend, and I finished the game yesterday evening.

It's one of the best games I've ever played - gameplay flows beautifully, the graphic style is something to behold, the music is fantastic, the story is touching and meaningful... it's right at the top with the best of the best. I completed most of the sidequests not because I wanted a reward, but because I was actually interested in these little characters & their stories. Played on normal with the "enemies hit you for 75% more damage but give you more light" permanently on and it was just the right amount of challenge.

So, once again - Moon Studios, thanks for this masterpiece, your humongous effort shows in every element of this game. Wish you all the best :)

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I've 100% the whole game except for 99% in wellspring glade. There's a spirit light collectable by/in lupo's but but I've no idea where to find it?

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
I forgot to mention - the HDR in this game was amazing - bright and colourful without being garish or eye strain-inducing.

Also forgot to express my thanks to Moon Studios - you've made two of the best games of the generation, and can proudly stand alongside any of the other celebrated AAA developers working today. Ori is "only" a 2D platformer, but it's as compelling and, occasionally, ludicrously epic as any cinematic third person action game.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What an amazing game. Just waiting till next month to buy a Xbox controller for PC to really dive in. Hopefully, right in time for the PC patch. Congrats to Xbox and moon. Really enjoying these Xbox titles on game pass.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Going for 100% now, can anyone tell me if I'm missing an ability:

there's a couple of rocky barriers (one to the far left of Wellspring Glade) that I don't know how to get through.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I'm having really bad performance on Xbox One X. Previously, it helped if I rebooted the console and restarted the game, but now I'm in a section where framedrops are so bad I really start to notice it and reboot doesn't help. Do we know when can we expect a patch for Xbox? :(

Update coming this week
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Any eta on a patch for the steam ver. That fixes audio issues and other fixes?
I'm having really bad performance on Xbox One X. Previously, it helped if I rebooted the console and restarted the game, but now I'm in a section where framedrops are so bad I really start to notice it and reboot doesn't help. Do we know when can we expect a patch for Xbox? :(

No details on what it'll do, but we should be getting an update this week.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks.
Wouldve liked to play and finish this before doom eternal but itll wait til after, alongside xcom :3

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
If I were to move from Xbox One X to PC, would I be able to keep my save?

This game is gorgeous but so far the frame rate on One X is unacceptable in some areas.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
Just beat the game and thought it was excellent! I didn't realize you can fast travel from anywhere till wayyy too late. The new mechanics are really cool and the combat is so much more versatile. I felt like the platforming was a bit easier this time around but I could be wrong about that.

I really didn't have any issues on PC in my entire play through and was getting excellent FPS, however sometimes it felt like it would drop frames even though my FPS was stable and well over 100.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Loving the game as much as the first one but the performance side really leaves a lot to be desired.
Regular short freezes are very annoying and the last two times i tried to boot the game up it completely shut down the console. Anybody else had that happen? Both times i could start the game correctly at the second attempt but still...not a good look unfortunately.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished and absolutely loved it. Though there were a few parts that got a bit frustrating, overall it was fantastic. The story and ending really impressed me and had me tearing up a lil.

Started on PC and it ran perfectly. Jumped on a One S at a friends house to show it off but couldn't believe how bad the performance was. Loading times and occasional freezes were insufferable. Very quickly went back to PC to finish it.

Highly recommend. What a wonderful game. Moon Studios have something truly beautiful. Exceptional work to all involved.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
If I were to move from Xbox One X to PC, would I be able to keep my save?

This game is gorgeous but so far the frame rate on One X is unacceptable in some areas.
I'm not sure about Steam version but this is a play anywhere title so you can continue on PC Microsoft Store version without any issues.

The only problem is that this version is not working great for me either...

From what I've heard, Steam version is the best when it comes to performance.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hot damn I like this game! Taking it very slowly and exploring everything with a fine tooth comb.

Even when the game wants you to go route A, I'll first check route B, C, D, and E just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Would love to know how far into the game :)
Just got to the part where I can to find the 4 wisps

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Finally getting to this after finishing Yakuza 0 yesterday, for those who have beaten this how long was your play time?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Finally getting to this after finishing Yakuza 0 yesterday, for those who have beaten this how long was your play time?

30 hours for me on normal difficulty. I should state that a lot of that time was just exploring everywhere for secrets during play, and sometimes just letting the music play in the background lol. Must pickup the OST at some point.