Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
Anyone thinking that some of these sky location images don't look dungeon sized are on something.

These artists are amazing

PMA

Alt account / Attempted to circumvent ban with alt
Banned
Sep 13, 2021
This doesn't reveal really anything about the surface. But it does show a crap ton of new stuff. So regardless of just how much the surface has really changed this will be a massive game.

Also this game was never DLC so you can pretty easily just cast that fear out of your mind.

Good to hear. Tbh I never beleived the dlc stuff I only saw that comment recently and was more meaning "even if less has changed then stfu about this dlc accusation " lol

It's more of an academic thing for me- like botw has taken so long to make, I'm wondering what is going to be there that has taken so long. I know it'll be something but I'm impatient!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
artwork on point. Wish they had shown more of this stuff in the latest trailer.

RippleField

Nov 13, 2017
There's basically nothing I would categorize as a "spoiler" in the classical sense in these pages. New character designs, new assets, indicators of new mechanics, basically everything a regular game sequel would've advertised by now if they were normal about it. This tells us nothing of plot points, shocking twists, a clear view of what the overall premise is or even the main goal. Lots of cool stuff to look at that gets me more excited for this game, I wish all consumers and publishers a very chill out about this stuff in general.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... I'm out, this is too much.

Edit: ugh I looked. I do like what I have seen so far so I cannot wait.

Last edited:

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
As a BOTW hater, this artbook made me a lot more excited. These images really make it seem like the game has a stronger style and personality. Here's hoping they bring back some more of the classic zelda tropes and design that botw left behind (and a stronger narrative hopefully).

dishwashers

Dec 10, 2022
Because they obviously didn't want to announce most of these? They're incredibly confident that this game is gonna blow people away and they want to keep as many surprises as possible for people to find.

It's extremely clear that people are going to be hyped just based on the series and concept. I also value leaving in surprises.
I just know that I was underwhelmed by the vague trailers. They hurt hype for me way more than they contributed to it with how much withholding it had regarding the game's additions and changes. All of the footage are short clips of things that could've either not been shown at all if they wanted to maintain some mystery, or at least been given SOME detail.

The first game had open gameplay demos in the Great Plateau almost 9 months before release, and that was hype. It had me talking about great the game was going to be long before it released. This drip-feeding is not hype. It's a total headache to speculate about at all.

Last edited:

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
If the sky islands are the new "shrines" I will be quite happy. They look much more diverse than the shrines and much more organic instead of just weird sci-fi cube chambers.
hz23p66fj7ja1.png

Jan 18, 2018
It's extremely clear understand that people are going to be hyped just based on the series and concept. I also value leaving in surprises.
I just know that I was underwhelmed by the vague trailers. They hurt hype for me way more than they contributed to it with how much withholding it had regarding the game's additions and changes. All of the footage are short clips of things that could've either not been shown at all if they wanted to maintain some mystery, or at least been given SOME detail.

The first game had open gameplay demos in the Great Plateau almost 9 months before release, and that was hype. It had me talking about great the game was going to be long before it released. This drip-feeding is not hype. It's a total headache to speculate about at all.

I feel like nowadays trailers reveal so much we've almost become spoiled by them. I think it's okay for them to want to keep things secret. It's a direct sequel to botw. We already know what the game plays like. They want to keep surprises for when you're actually playing the game, which makes sense. People just get so anxious about the wait and wanting to see the game it negatively impacts how they feel.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
God have mercy on me, I looked !!!!!!!! ;o;
But everything looks super cool and I'm 1000% even more excited to discover all of this.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Was durability confirmed somehow and I missed it?
Not completely confirmed if durability related.

But most of the more regular minions in the artbook have a weapon on their head, with images next to each that show a regular weapon Link could potentially use. Would make sense for durability of some sort is somehow in the game if there are numerous enemies with the same headgear.

like this
XtttU31.png

Dec 19, 2021
Not completely confirmed if durability related.

But most of the more regular minions in the artbook have a weapon on their head, with images next to each that show a regular weapon Link could potentially use. Would make sense for durability of some sort is somehow in the game if there are numerous enemies with the same headgear.

like this
XtttU31.png
Thanks for the response. Though you didn't have to put it in a spoiler tag -- this thread specifically has open spoilers in the title lol

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Soo every artwork have Link with long hair
I dont think is the same hair of the trailers…why?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Soo every artwork have Link with long hair
I dont think is the same hair of the trailers…why?
That's just Link with his hair down. There's even a doodle in this art book of Purah giving a shaggy looking Link a hair tie. Because it's the look they're using to distinguish TotK from BotW early on, it looks like more armor sets will have Link with his hair down. In BotW, you could see Link without his hair tied up if you selected the Ancient Sheikah armor.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
A couple questions for speculation:

The spool of wire/cable in the concept art was also in the new trailer. It's being held by one of the Sheikah tentacles that rise up when Link steps into a circle. In the concept art, the spool is around Link's waste and seems to connect to the redesigned Sheikah slate.

A group of NPCs seem to be part of some flying unit, their designs remind me of Skyloft's flying troupe.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
The crafting component enemies seem to help address a basic sentiment with BoTW: how durability made it feel like you were trading down weapons. Here it seems you can pick up at least one component for a new weapon from most enemies.

Even something minor like keese have their eyes provide access to new arrow types.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Anyone know more about the map?

That is the one thing I am apprehensive about because as nice as sky islands are, I prefer something else.

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022

That is the one thing I am apprehensive about because as nice as sky islands are, I prefer something else.

I thought someone said something about underwater but... who knows if that will actually amount to anything or not. Obviously we know there's underground caves and still the main surface area of Hyrule too.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

we don't know much but this might be a large overview of a map? You don't get much detail but you might be able to glean something from it
ifLKU1w.png

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Was durability confirmed somehow and I missed it?
It's not exactly confirmed but it's very close right now. A big part of the weapon fragility system was how every enemy carries a weapon of some sort, either to upgrade or replace the weapon that you break in combat, and now TotK's entire enemy gimmick is a variety of headpieces the individual enemies wear. If nothing else it's strong evidence that the same gameplay loop is going to be used, rather than taking a backseat for more traditional weapon permeance degradation (though the rusted sword might potentially be a point in reparability as well, idk)

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

I don't think the surface topology will be drastically different than the first game. But this is a fantasy game and there's a lot more to this world than just the surface.

Imagine you were to learn that the surface of BOTW was really just a giant landmass floating above another planet, there's no reason that something similar couldn't be achieved in the sky of Tears of the Kingdom. Then there's the underworld, which appears to a vast and varied. And there might be other realms or changes in scale that haven't been revealed yet.

We may have to re-think the surface being the main area in which player interacts with the gameworld.

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
If that's the stuff Nintendo is willing to put in an artbook for the game's release, imagine what they're still hiding.

I'm surprised that they chose to omit pretty much everything that we've seen in the teasers. Time warping mechanics, phasing through floors, vehicle customization, the enemy types, dragons, etc

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Those Gerudo soldiers (that's what they're labeled as) are curious. Who would they even work for? Their symbol and style doesn't match Riju's guard.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty wild they can make a whole 200 page artbook of stuff that answers like 5 known questions and raises like 200 new ones

Basically any theory, no matter how ridiculous, still feels like it could be plausible.

Time travel? Sure. Dark world? Maybe. Hyrule exists as a flat disc dimension, one side is the Hyrule we know and the other is from 10,000 years in the past and you can travel between the two by falling through deep holes which is what happened to Zelda in that first trailer and the Sheikah slate with the spool lets Link safely travel between the worlds? Why not?

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Pretty wild they can make a whole 200 page artbook of stuff that answers like 5 known questions and raises like 200 new ones

Basically any theory, no matter how ridiculous, still feels like it could be plausible.

Time travel? Sure. Dark world? Maybe. Hyrule exists as a flat disc dimension, one side is the Hyrule we know and the other is from 10,000 years in the past and you can travel between the two by falling through deep holes which is what happened to Zelda in that first trailer and the Sheikah slate with the spool lets Link safely travel between the worlds? Why not?

I actually really love this lol

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Just saw the entire art book.

There was nothing spoilery at all about that. Just a lot of designs, as is to be expected of an artbook of course.

I can't say this has increased or decreased my anticipation towards the game.

It's Zelda so of course I'm looking forward to it, but I dunno. I have no idea why I'm not as hyped as I usually would be. Sucks I feel this way, and I don't know the cause of it.

I don't hate what I'm seeing, but I don't like it either.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the leak. Reminds me of back in the day before simultaneous releases when you'd look at Famitsu scans in EGM and get hyped for what's on the horizon.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Eeh there's nothing I would consider too spoilery from what I've seen of the artwork. If anything this made me even more hyped for the game.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
It's not exactly confirmed but it's very close right now. A big part of the weapon fragility system was how every enemy carries a weapon of some sort, either to upgrade or replace the weapon that you break in combat, and now TotK's entire enemy gimmick is a variety of headpieces the individual enemies wear. If nothing else it's strong evidence that the same gameplay loop is going to be used, rather than taking a backseat for more traditional weapon permeance degradation (though the rusted sword might potentially be a point in reparability as well, idk)

I'm guessing you get permanent base weapons, and only the "blade" breaks. So for example you get a spear, but you have to keep replacing the tip with parts gathered from enemies.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
So i guess it's clear that those circular designs in the art work represent the actual tears of the kingdom. Nice touch!

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
So weapon crafting for sure, probably vehicle crafting too.

We're gonna design a house.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Artwork is incredible, just got done looking through the whole thing. Main things that stood out as the most unexpected: emphasis on fungi, the hybrid weapon/rock/crystal type fusions, and mutations of various creatures like that bat-frog thing.

Also some of the floating island stuff, especially the high tech looking structures, giving me Castle in the Sky vibes. This game is gonna be unreal. So far away!

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I just realized Zelda is slowly turning into Animal Crossing. We had the Bolson sidequest that charged us upgrades for our house and that Hudson sidequest to build a town. Now we can start crafting tools and even vehicles.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I see some mentions of 57 or so pages leaked, then others saying the whole 200+ were leaked. Is everything threadmarked here or is there more out there?